Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
4/6 of fat cats kittens are reserved to lovely homes spanning the length and breadth of the country. Happy but sad ready to go st valentines 💕

also mates I’m away on date night 🍉 and might have took some recreational tramadol… yeah it’s a thing so I’m on about 6 pintsof real ale and 3 tram since 5pm I’m wonderfully spaced, well sha*ed (but neither of us can come on it soooorrreee tmi is that what coke does too?) if I took 40 I’d be dead as an actual smol pixie 4ft 11 🍉 and does this explain the all night burger boy rompathon? Asking for a not found any legal alt to speed fiend
Ooh I can answer that question! Ime, every drug I've ever sampled (coke, speed, mdma, pills) has the effect of both parties not being able to reach the finish line. Excess booze does too. You can see the finish line, but try as you might, you just cannot get there. #chafing
I'm sure there's a scientific reason there about it interfering with dopamine and body signals or something, but I've not researched!

Reactions: 20
I've messed up the MT title and I'm sitting in the hairdressers✂ feeling bad about it.

I did a bit of Swedish Death Cleaning at the start of the Panny D while I had the time and it was great, had loads of positive effects in other areas of my life, spent less money, got out in nature more, ate more mindfully, stopped drinking for 18 months. It's slipped a bit so I want to get back into it after being reminded on this thread.
The MT thread title is a masterpiece and I refuse to allow you to feel bad about it. (Also gak wasn’t allowed previously so it I think you made the right choice)

• Heart
I've messed up the MT title and I'm sitting in the hairdressers✂ feeling bad about it.

I did a bit of Swedish Death Cleaning at the start of the Panny D while I had the time and it was great, had loads of positive effects in other areas of my life, spent less money, got out in nature more, ate more mindfully, stopped drinking for 18 months. It's slipped a bit so I want to get back into it after being reminded on this thread.
No you didn’t! There‘s no way gak would have been allowed. This is brilliantly obscure and fabulous. Also what are you having done to your hair? I was on a Teams call yesterday with someone I haven’t seen in ages and she was shocked by how long my hair is so I suspect I look like a witch and need to cut it off

Happy birthday to Susan, the best named cat in all the upside down! 🐈⬛

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Just a trim and roots. Finishing my coffee and getting ready to say
with my best poker face on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just saw this over on twitter, haven't put the telly on today so don't know who they're referring to... 🤔

Screenshot_20230121_115358_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
The MT thread title is a masterpiece and I refuse to allow you to feel bad about it. (Also gak wasn’t allowed previously so it I think you made the right choice)
@Hollaaa, the current thread title is one of the all time greats. I am not a responsible threadstarting adult and am grateful to those who are!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think Katch mentioned Bank of Dave was a feel-good movie and it was! Nice story, quite fluffy but also a bit true. I remember the TV series was a bit dull tbh, so I guess there’s some extra drama added.
not me, ive not seen the movie, soz. i do remember the tv show though and i follow him on twitter and he seems like one of life's gooduns, so i heartily endorse this product or service

for tea tonight, we are actually having a takeaway! we're so excited cos we never do! we're having bacon double cheeseburgers from burger king, which we usually only have at the airport! and since we haven't been abroad since 2017, it's been a while! 😄

oh, and thank you for the gif, hotes. we ❤ ralphie

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
not me, ive not seen the movie, soz. i do remember the tv show though and i follow him on twitter and he seems like one of life's gooduns, so i heartily endorse this product or service

for tea tonight, we are actually having a takeaway! we're so excited cos we never do! we're having bacon double cheeseburgers from burger king, which we usually only have at the airport! and since we haven't been abroad since 2017, it's been a while! 😄

oh, and thank you for the gif, hotes. we ❤ ralphie
I love a bacon double cheeseburger 😋. When I first got with Mr NT he used to go get us a burger king, there's no takeaways or anything here but - there is a motorway services nearby that you can access sneakily through a little country lane 🍉. So he'd whizz through the back lanes and go grab us one ☺.

• Heart
I love a bacon double cheeseburger 😋. When I first got with Mr NT he used to go get us a burger king, there's no takeaways or anything here but - there is a motorway services nearby that you can access sneakily through a little country lane 🍉. So he'd whizz through the back lanes and go grab us one ☺.
aw ❤

i love them the best cos they're all killer, no filler. no veg, no sauce, no bleeping gherkins, nothing that ruins other burgers. just meaty, cheesy, bacony, bready goodness 😋

and I'm sure i speak for all of us (well, the omnis among us at least) when i say bring back the mushroom double swiss! 😄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I've never had burger king! I don't remember there being one about when I was younger so I don't know if it's that that's meant it just doesn't have the draw. I do want to though, I just think it's that it never comes to mind IYKWIM.

My current junk craving has been KFC but I'm resisting because I know it never meets expectations, the chips are crap everywhere and the chicken has been really crap from our local recently going from the local facebook group.

Reactions: 17
@HotesTilaire and @kachoochoo I 💯 trust your taste, so I’ll watch Bank of Dave.

I finished watching Palm Springs, fun film would recommend! Without giving anything away, it includes a Kate Bush song at a key moment. @traumatised sideboard it was you who really made me appreciate Kate Bush’s skills, by pointing out how young she was when she wrote some of her music. It’s my loss, but she wasn‘t really on my radar before, but now I “get“ it, the woman’s a genius.

The film I just watched, Palm Springs, was fab, I think it only just passed the Bechdel test.

This is probably old news to you all, but if anyone doesn’t know

Once you know this “test” you can’t unsee it. It’s (one of the many reasons) why I was so hyped about “Everything Everywhere All At Once”!

I’m not a man-hater, but personally I’m so tired of male-led films and tv shows. And I know it’s getting better. But I’m just thinking about how the ”every-man” in pop culture is usually a man, usually white, unless he’s Will Smith, and always straight.
And now when I watch anything where the second-billing female star is basically just an extra to the man’s story, it feels so dated, because, things are gradually moving on.
Then, I realise that’s my white bias, and ugh, no, we still have so much further to go in terms of representation. I know there are many examples to show that the star isn’t always a straight white man, but we still have a long way to go until that’s not the default you know?

Sorry, it’s late, and I’m not explaining myself very well. ❤ to anyone still reading. I wish I could explain this subject as clearly as it deserves, but representation really is so important, and not hard to do.

If anyone has read this far, I’d love to know your thoughts.
Re Kate Bush - completely agree! I didn't 'get' her at all either growing up in the 1970's, watching her on Top of the Pops performing made an impression because she was so unique but I didn't understand how special she is. Now as an adult I think she's fabulous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I've never had burger king! I don't remember there being one about when I was younger so I don't know if it's that that's meant it just doesn't have the draw. I do want to though, I just think it's that it never comes to mind IYKWIM.

My current junk craving has been KFC but I'm resisting because I know it never meets expectations, the chips are crap everywhere and the chicken has been really crap from our local recently going from the local facebook group.
KFCs have gone really downhill in the last couple of years, local fb groups seem to be always complaining about them. The chips are shite from there, you only get a small few now that are just launched in the bag, so they go everywhere and just go cold before you get home. Far cry from the bargain bucket and viennetta glory days, sigh... 😔

Reactions: 14
KFCs have gone really downhill in the last couple of years, local fb groups seem to be always complaining about them. The chips are shite from there, you only get a small few now that are just launched in the bag, so they go everywhere and just go cold before you get home. Far cry from the bargain bucket and viennetta glory days, sigh... 😔
It's such a shame. When they changed the chips it was awful.

We're getting a Taco Bell nearby soon (mind you it's been soon for about a year) and I've heard mixed things about the UK one, but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.