Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Facturday Finland doesn’t have any mountains, so norway is going to give them one of theirs

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Facturday Finland doesn’t have any mountains, so norway is going to give them one of theirs
Is this true ? Because I keep seeing people here say it but all I get when I google it is articles from 2016/17 saying it couldn’t happen. Not that I want to dispute your fact skills, I’m just curious

Reactions: 14
4/6 of fat cats kittens are reserved to lovely homes spanning the length and breadth of the country. Happy but sad ready to go st valentines 💕

also mates I’m away on date night 🍉 and might have took some recreational tramadol… yeah it’s a thing so I’m on about 6 pintsof real ale and 3 tram since 5pm I’m wonderfully spaced, well sha*ed (but neither of us can come on it soooorrreee tmi is that what coke does too?) if I took 40 I’d be dead as an actual smol pixie 4ft 11 🍉 and does this explain the all night burger boy rompathon? Asking for a not found any legal alt to speed fiend

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
4/6 of fat cats kittens are reserved to lovely homes spanning the length and breadth of the country. Happy but sad ready to go st valentines 💕

also mates I’m away on date night 🍉 and might have took some recreational tramadol… yeah it’s a thing so I’m on about 6 pintsof real ale and 3 tram since 5pm I’m wonderfully spaced, well sha*ed (but neither of us can come on it soooorrreee tmi is that what coke does too?) if I took 40 I’d be dead as an actual smol pixie 4ft 11 🍉 and does this explain the all night burger boy rompathon? Asking for a not found any legal alt to speed fiend
Have fun!

Blimey, I thought I was having a wild night listening to two Shamen songs!*

*Ebeneezer Goode from the MT and Move Any Mountain thanks to the Finland/Norway debate that‘s happening here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Thank you for explaining. That‘s a good attitude, to even try and accept it, because it’s easier said than done, but if you’re not worrying about it, it hopefully frees up mental space.
It must be so weird to be able to “switch“ like that! It takes me 84 years and two coffees to fully wake up. It sounds like you’ve really found ways to adapt to it.

Yay for more air fryer discoveries!
Oh god I’m not in charge of the switch! If only!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think tramadol and booze would be a downer? More like being very stoned.
Happy Birthday To Susan my upside down support cat! Lots of boops and scritches to y best girl please @MaineCoonMama
Happy Anniversary @kachoochoo and Mr KCC

I should have realised that, agh. Sorry. I doubt anyone can switch like that when you think about it.
Yeah it is weird at 1am getting a massive power surge and knowing you could do all the housework in no time, or go out and do a bit of shopping except it’s 1am

• Heart
Yeah it is weird at 1am getting a massive power surge and knowing you could do all the housework in no time, or go out and do a bit of shopping except it’s 1am
What a nightmare. I can’t thank you enough for your patience in explaining what it’s like @bigDave’sHumiliatingTrousers, Hotes ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What a nightmare. I can’t thank you enough for your patience in explaining what it’s like @bigDave’sHumiliatingTrousers, Hotes ❤
It’s so weird when you’ve been so weak all day, like answering the door is a strain at 9pm leaving you shaky and breathless. 1am - let’s lift boxes and change the bedding! Like the morning coffee from 12 hours ago has just activated.
Just watched Bank of Dave, my night snack is a bear strawberry yoyo

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s so weird when you’ve been so weak all day, like answering the door is a strain at 9pm leaving you shaky and breathless. 1am - let’s lift boxes and change the bedding! Like the morning coffee from 12 hours ago has just activated.
Just watched Bank of Dave, my night snack is a bear strawberry yoyo
It must be like, “really?? Now???”. I know it’s not the same, but I’m 100% a night owl, and I wish I had this energy during the day. But that’s a “normal” thing, I really just can’t imagine how weird it must be for you, never mind how hard.

What did you think of Bank Of Dave? I’ve just looked it up and it looks … sweet? I’m watching Palm Springs, its a fun time-loop comedy. Night snacks are the green Sunbites (on offer in Tesco’s just now) 🤘🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am jealous of your nightsnacks . I have had a gulp of gaviscon and brushed my teeth so obviously after not being hungry at all all day, I am now so hungry that I would probably even eat a bowl of peach curry with a side of pumble!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am jealous of your nightsnacks . I have had a gulp of gaviscon and brushed my teeth so obviously after not being hungry at all all day, I am now so hungry that I would probably even eat a bowl of peach curry with a side of pumble!
Oh no! That‘s typical!
You don’t have to answer any of this, but is it different carrying multiple ducklings? And, as an emergency nightsnack, do you have any Dreamies to hand?

(all jokes aside, I think you’re amazing Bubbly D, you’ve got this)

• Heart
I think Katch mentioned Bank of Dave was a feel-good movie and it was! Nice story, quite fluffy but also a bit true. I remember the TV series was a bit dull tbh, so I guess there’s some extra drama added.

• Heart
@HotesTilaire and @kachoochoo I 💯 trust your taste, so I’ll watch Bank of Dave.

I finished watching Palm Springs, fun film would recommend! Without giving anything away, it includes a Kate Bush song at a key moment. @traumatised sideboard it was you who really made me appreciate Kate Bush’s skills, by pointing out how young she was when she wrote some of her music. It’s my loss, but she wasn‘t really on my radar before, but now I “get“ it, the woman’s a genius.

The film I just watched, Palm Springs, was fab, I think it only just passed the Bechdel test.

This is probably old news to you all, but if anyone doesn’t know
The test was created by and named after the American cartoonist Alison Bechdel.
The Bechdel test (/ˈbɛkdəl/ BEK-dəl)[1] is a measure of the representation of women in film (and, by extension, in fiction in general). The test asks whether a film features at least two women talking to each other about something other than a man. The measure sometimes is enhanced by adding that the two female characters be named in the film.[2]
Once you know this “test” you can’t unsee it. It’s (one of the many reasons) why I was so hyped about “Everything Everywhere All At Once”!

I’m not a man-hater, but personally I’m so tired of male-led films and tv shows. And I know it’s getting better. But I’m just thinking about how the ”every-man” in pop culture is usually a man, usually white, unless he’s Will Smith, and always straight.
And now when I watch anything where the second-billing female star is basically just an extra to the man’s story, it feels so dated, because, things are gradually moving on.
Then, I realise that’s my white bias, and ugh, no, we still have so much further to go in terms of representation. I know there are many examples to show that the star isn’t always a straight white man, but we still have a long way to go until that’s not the default you know?

Sorry, it’s late, and I’m not explaining myself very well. ❤ to anyone still reading. I wish I could explain this subject as clearly as it deserves, but representation really is so important, and not hard to do.

If anyone has read this far, I’d love to know your thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh no! That‘s typical!
You don’t have to answer any of this, but is it different carrying multiple ducklings? And, as an emergency nightsnack, do you have any Dreamies to hand?

(all jokes aside, I think you’re amazing Bubbly D, you’ve got this)
Alas no dreamies ,but I have had a glass of milk which has filled the nightsnack shaped hole for now. I shall be instructing mr D to fetch day and nightsnacks tmw 😎

tbh aside from the prolonged morning sickness, I’m not sure how much is different because there’s 2 in there, and how much is just because this time around I’m 40 instead of being in my early 20’s. This time around I definitely get tired easier, started to show quicker, and have generally been grumpier 😂.
one thing that has been very different, which I suppose is because its a multiple pregnancy, is that I’m so much more laid back about a birth plan. With the single pregnancies , it felt like there was a lot of pressure to make and stick to the ideal plan of what I wanted when this time it’s pretty much “please help me get them out as safely as possible, preferably without having to give me a epidural or major surgery but if you have to , no worries” .

you are always so kind SideyB, and have such a knack of making people feel better, and less overwhelmed ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I get what you mean SideBoobra. I’m great full there is more media available these days so there’s more choice away from the mainstream IYKWIM
I’m just watching Bling Empire NY tyvm Netflix

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sideboob, the first time I remember being pissed off about how we are shown on screen (not the same but bear with)was around age 15. I was watching a Jerry Lewis movie where he had three female characters competing for his attention and I kept getting confused as all three women looked virtually the same. Blonde, bosomy and ditzy. All in love with Jerry Lewis, the quintessential goober/nerd.
I didn't have sufficient emotional maturity to understand why I was so annoyed at what I was seeing. The fact that the women were basically interchangeable and there to prop up the male character really bothered me.

Something else I realised at a young age was in family-type sitcoms if there's a blended family the mother is nearly always a divorcée but the father is always a widow. It seemed so off balance to me as men get divorced too plus they're more likely to die young from doing stupid tit. (Source- I know men irl)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Happy Birthday Susan 🎊. Susan expects this all day.

I ate bread that tasted of soil last night so I’ve been up expecting illness. Seems that I can cope with mould 🤢.

I agree with all you say about the representation and treatment of (particularly older) women. Once you see, you can’t unsee. In fact, I was watching some political show about the discrimination claim brought by CLG and the only two people who made valid points about the issue were older MPs (Tory and Labour). A young banker made it about the pandemic and himself (funny that 🙄) and a young woman from the economics forum thought claims like that would spell disaster for workplaces and she should have put up with it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Is this true ? Because I keep seeing people here say it but all I get when I google it is articles from 2016/17 saying it couldn’t happen. Not that I want to dispute your fact skills, I’m just curious
Sandi told me, there is a mountain range on the border, and Norway was going to move the border so one mountain was in Finland.

Reactions: 11
I've messed up the MT title and I'm sitting in the hairdressers✂ feeling bad about it.

I did a bit of Swedish Death Cleaning at the start of the Panny D while I had the time and it was great, had loads of positive effects in other areas of my life, spent less money, got out in nature more, ate more mindfully, stopped drinking for 18 months. It's slipped a bit so I want to get back into it after being reminded on this thread.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.