Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's our girl three years ago she's such a sweet nature wee soul and Honey wishes you all a merry Christmas

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Here's our girl three years ago she's such a sweet nature wee soul and Honey wishes you all a merry Christmas
We wish Honey a merry Christmas too.

We went for a walk this afternoon. Mrs T stayed in the house to work (don’t ask 🙁). The dog was obviously put out because number 1 didn’t come along and when we came home, after her bath, started acting oddly and walking funnily. Cue stress all round, googling the nearest emergency vet (at great cost no doubt) and searching with the phone light for a wound. After a long Mrs T cuddle, some carrots and a snooze, she miraculously recovered.

😖

(Personally I think it was because we got lost and ended up on some track that could have been in The Hills Have Eyes and she was traumatised.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
We wish Honey a merry Christmas too.

We went for a walk this afternoon. Mrs T stayed in the house to work (don’t ask 🙁). The dog was obviously put out because number 1 didn’t come along and when we came home, after her bath, started acting oddly and walking funnily. Cue stress all round, googling the nearest emergency vet (at great cost no doubt) and searching with the phone light for a wound. After a long Mrs T cuddle, some carrots and a snooze she miraculously recovered.

😖
I’ve heard dogs are right munchies

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Hanukkah sessions, this is Dave Grohl's daughter Violet singing Janis Ian's 'At Seventeen'. She has a lovely voice and even received a thank you from Janis herself. Truly does justice to a beautiful song.
PS Violet herself is only 16

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Had a very nice Christmas Dinner (cooked by my dad, as usual), and then ended up feeling really ill, probably due to total alcohol intake over the past few days combined with still having the remnants of a chest infection. No interesting fever dreams, slightly annoyingly, just strange thoughts to do with filing systems on a computer or something 🤷‍♂️

For some reason I also wrote "This does remind me of the twitter" in the JM thread and then didn't post whatever I was going to say. Feel a lot better now, although being awake at 6am isn't particularly useful.

• Heart
My Christmas has been okay so far. It has been nice to see my sister after being apart for so long. Not leaving the house in 3 years hasn't done her any favours in terms of her mental health I don't think but she seems to have calmed down a bit having me here.

I did make the mistake of casually saying bits of her home were dirty and that naturally caused a to do. I apologized. She had cleaned all the things we were using and kept saying 'my home is clean' but I don't think she realises that actually it is quite bad and she would probably feel better if entire rooms were clean and tidy. Family dynamics are difficult. I wanted to help but it just came off judgy which really wasn't my intention.

After that we had a lovely day and I helped her cook Christmas dinner. She gets very anxious and overwhelmed in the kitchen so we did it together. My last full day here today then I'm going to my parents for a belated boxing day tea 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Father Christmas is one of my favourite Christmas Eve things to watch. It came out when I was little and I was mesmerised by it (and already loved The Snowman).

View attachment 1830166

Merry Christmas you beautiful bunch of ninnies 💕
I loved the book read so much it fell to bits. Father Christmas in the outside loo will always be funny

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hanukkah sessions, this is Dave Grohl's daughter Violet singing Janis Ian's 'At Seventeen'. She has a lovely voice and even received a thank you from Janis herself. Truly does justice to a beautiful song.
PS Violet herself is only 16

Thank you so much for sharing that, I have been limping through the last week avoiding tears even though I knew fine well I'd feel better once I shed them. This was one of my mother's favourite songs, and I've been missing her so hard over the holidays - have finally shed those tears and wiped my eyes, can feel blessed again for having so many good memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Happy Christmas all I’m not caught up… but…

Slopbots biggest fan aka my nearly 9 year old was thrilled to find an inexplicable egg in his new Minecraft lego set!

847D7B72-AAB5-4105-B2C2-E688FEAFD2C2.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Hello Christmastime ninnies - how are you all doing? @traumatised sideboard how was your bread/day dear heart?

I’ve just sneaked 20 mins to exercise and shower and brush my teeth yet again so feeling v zen 🧘‍♀️ and ready to go back down to a toddler who’s been gifted slime and stickers 😩😩😩

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
The weather's horrible here, so I'm trying to make chocolate covered toffee popcorn. Results are currently setting in the fridge.

20221226_141606.jpg

20221226_141852.jpg

20221226_142124.jpg

20221226_142209.jpg

20221226_142505.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Hello Christmastime ninnies - how are you all doing? @traumatised sideboard how was your bread/day dear heart?

I’ve just sneaked 20 mins to exercise and shower and brush my teeth yet again so feeling v zen 🧘‍♀️ and ready to go back down to a toddler who’s been gifted slime and stickers 😩😩😩
My sister ended up in bed with her toxic ex and then called me sobbing during the night feed. I don't want to read too much into the few details she gave but it really sounds like she took complete advantage of my sister being lonely and drunk post Christmas day shift... the ex is a Jack level narc and the whole situation is making me shudder. Mr B is going to pick her up and bring her to us once she's finished today's shift and I'm trying to prepare myself to toe the line between my gut reaction and the one my sister probably needs.

Merry Boxing day to all! It's been a quiet day here, we managed to nip out for a walk in a break in the wind and hail.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
End result

20221226_161242.jpg

Tastes pretty similar to the M&S one, but the chocolate layer isn't nearly as thick, it would need repeated dunking and chilling to build up and I am not that patient!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
End result

View attachment 1832420

Tastes pretty similar to the M&S one, but the chocolate layer isn't nearly as thick, it would need repeated dunking and chilling to build up and I am not that patient!

You could try making them in one of those silicon ice cube tray moulds. You could get the choc good and thick on one go.

• Wow
  • Heart
Hope everyone is having a good Christmas break, sending hugs to all that are finding this time of year difficult and all those who are unwell. I always get really anxious leading up to the day that things won't go right or something bad will happen. Pleased to say we had our usual little family Christmas day (just me, son and husband) and I was finally able to relax and enjoy it.

Unfortunately it's anniversary of losing both my parents at this time of year along with my dad's birthday so that adds an extra poignancy. As time goes on I am trying to hold on to positive thoughts and hoping the memories of the time around losing them fades. Long road, but I hope to get there.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
My mum managed to dry out the Christmas pud in the meecrowahvay but I’m not a fan of it anyway and I’ve made Edd Kimber’s Christmas trifle the last few years and it is DELICIOUS (I sub the pears for raspberries though - such a renegade).
4220198B-B30D-490D-AD25-E99000B2CFF4.jpeg

In relation to the Hillsong discussion (and oversharing 😂), I spent a few years in a Hillsong-type church after I’d spent a lot of time dealing with MH issues and felt v isolated and displaced. Sucked me right in. 🙁

Did not end well but at least I got out and embraced atheism.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thankyou x for asking HTRIA ❤ The bread went down very well although I suspect if it was rubbish everyone would've said it was good anyway. I managed a couple of hours with my family. My mum is perpetually worried about me wasting away (I'm not) so I've come home with enough food to stock an apocalypse bunker, including an entire iced Christmas cake. Cake in the spite orangery for all! If you don't like cake I've still got bread and Percy Pigs.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Thankyou x for asking HTRIA ❤ The bread went down very well although I suspect if it was rubbish everyone would've said it was good anyway. I managed a couple of hours with my family. My mum is perpetually worried about me wasting away (I'm not) so I've come home with enough food to stock an apocalypse bunker, including an entire iced Christmas cake. Cake in the spite orangery for all! If you don't like cake I've still got bread and Percy Pigs.
I didn’t want to say this at the time but now the bread is no more I feel I can.

There is a giant fluffy white/ beige cat that lives near me. When he sits in leaves he tucks everything in. I can’t really see him clearly from where I am so he looks like a lovely loaf of bread. Your loaf of bread in fact.

I didn’t want to suggest you were going to eat a fluffy cat so I refrained from saying anything until now.

I won’t name the cat to protect his privacy ( He doesn’t care about mine. He tried to spread fleas into my house in the summer). From now on he will be called Boule*.

*Not Francis.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.