Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now queuing in the cold for lunch. They have eel sushi. Tempted. I will be sitting down and imbibing hot liquids until I'm fully thermalised.
Edit: sorry for whingeing about luxury problems but the cold makes everything feel worse than it actually is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes, to a fancy lifestyle store where everything is beige and calming, and hopefully cheaper than usual.

The waste ground is blocked off with boulders. Now freezing my fingertips off at the train station having paid more to park at a hotel car park than we would in town.

I do not do well with inefficiency.
But but but ….what if you have to yomp back to your car with a goats leg in your backpack as well as anything you’ve intended to buy ? I Go well pal 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just back from staying over with relatives, we watched Death In Paradise, I’d never seen it before, had to stop myself from boo-ing when Ralf “Lurchio” Little appeared!

• Haha
Lots of snow up here overnight, even the quad bike in 4WD was struggling a bit on the village road. We're tucked up in the living room with all the leftover Christmas chipolatas and ketchup and barbecue sauce for dipping!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Slowly working my way through the mountains of cleaning up and laundry. All things considered (two sets of parents, each of which with their own quirks and bad behaviours) we had a really good Christmas. Mr Beacon's renegade dinner was *excellent* and my glazed gammon looked good enough for a magazine photo shoot.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I was going to get up about an hour ago, but as this is one of the Vali cattos lying on me under the covers and the other one lying on me on top of the covers next to him, well, I’m still in bed. I really need to get up now, but am in “I don’t want to disturb them” guilt mode
DCD2AB14-8818-4D36-9CEF-94A7F3325CE3.jpeg

See also this, yesterday evening on the sofa where I had a numb leg but didn’t want to disturb them. They are good boys. ❤
A9D688D4-D89B-4ECD-970C-97048F152040.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
New Cat Song:

Toe beans, Toe beans, Toe beans, Toe Beeeeeeans,
I'm begging of you, please don't scratch my hand.

• Haha
  • Heart
We are making Christmas rerun with the leftovers because the weather is tit, and hopefully I won’t bollock up the potatoes this time.

Trying to breathe and stay calm with my sister, I am probably joining you in head corner HTRIA because it’s so frustrating to hear the “She’s apologised, she promises it won’t happen again, maybe she’s really changed this time” playing out again.

• Heart
We are making Christmas rerun with the leftovers because the weather is tit, and hopefully I won’t bollock up the potatoes this time.

Trying to breathe and stay calm with my sister, I am probably joining you in head corner HTRIA because it’s so frustrating to hear the “She’s apologised, she promises it won’t happen again, maybe she’s really changed this time” playing out again.
Omg yep! Word for word what’s happening here only no apology lol cos of course there wouldn’t be. Just miss my bubble of solitude tbh and won’t be doing this again :/

Currently waiting til husband is free so I can go round the corner to the shops which will be bliss.

• Heart
Omg yep! Word for word what’s happening here only no apology lol cos of course there wouldn’t be. Just miss my bubble of solitude tbh and won’t be doing this again :/

Currently waiting til husband is free so I can go round the corner to the shops which will be bliss.
Yeah there’s only apology here because she knows if she goes all innocent and says the right words my sister will fall for it all over again. It means nothing, of course.

Hope you get your break to the shops soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks so much to you all for your kind words. I actually am considering myself lucky that I can put things right before I may get ill. Honey loves everyone she meets and is a pretty chilled dog she loves all my relatives and friends who I'm really grateful for when the time comes to dog sit and walk. Thanks again you lovely bunch.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's like living in a black and white photo here today - this is in colour, no filters.

20221227_154553.jpg

Just been out checking the horses to see if they need rugs tonight, but they were both tucked out of the wind behind a ruined building and warm at armpits, inner thighs and base of ears, so I've left them to it - amazing how well native breeds are adapted for our weather.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It's like living in a black and white photo here today - this is in colour, no filters.

View attachment 1833802

Just been out checking the horses to see if they need rugs tonight, but they were both tucked out of the wind behind a ruined building and warm at armpits, inner thighs and base of ears, so I've left them to it - amazing how well native breeds are adapted for our weather.
Mines a wuss, inside rugged up 🐎

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Big hugs to any Frau that needs a squeeze.

(Squeeze me back please, this festive season needs to go away. Roll on 2023.) xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Hugs all round! I warmed up eventually and I'm home now in new cosy cheerful bright yellow socks anticipating a night of chaos tweets.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
more hugs everyone! ❤

it's that time of year again - i saw mini eggs in the mini market when i ventured out earlier!

• Heart
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
We just had a rogue hot night. It's currently 27.5c at around 6:30 am. Luckily we have air conditioning or I would be tearing my hair out right now. I put a bucket of water and some chopped apple out for the possum. She was very quiet last night.
There's a cold change coming in a few hours, down to about 18c by mid-afternoon, looking forward to opening up the house. Big hugs to Orphy B and anyone else needing one. 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.