Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's one thing to watch on a screen but to be amongst it is something else.
Metal music is the defining feature of a lot of important moments in my life, I've been into rock and metal since primary school but if someone at my wedding started shouting Slayer or tried to initiate a mosh pit at my wedding I'd be furious.
I went to a wedding where the first dance started off standard and then segued into the wedding party starting a pit. Pure horror from the old relatives. It was actually pretty fun.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Slightly obsessed with Hillsong here. I also got addicted to the Netflix series Greenleaf.

I know I hate this time of year so there’s no particular reason why I’m saying this now. I just want to say that the last three years have been the most traumatic psychologically and being here has got me through that. Just reading through your days/funny conversations/seeing the fabulous pets.

I was never one to dismiss online forums as mumsnet used to provide hilarity during my MSc stresses, but the friendship (and it is friendship) and support that is offered on this site has been the best I have had, I think ever.

Sometimes I worry I overshare, take too much and then hide for a bit, worry about reactions. Then there was the time I was called Britney on Twitter 😂💃.

You are all fab (sending out a pirate call to ones who aren’t here so much too 🏴‍☠️). Keep being fab.
I definitely overshare, and I agree that it is friendship, even if people never meet "in real life". Its still real.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I went to a London Church of Christ service once, after a friend/ex got suckered in - they'd been pressurising him to bring new people so I agreed to be a stooge. Quite bizarre. He did escape them in the end, but not before ending up married to a fellow cult member who he hadn't so much as kissed before the wedding, because they all had to take a vow of celibacy outside of marriage. Nor did he think it might have been a good idea to tell her about the Prince Albert piercing beforehand, so I imagine she got a bit of a shock on the honeymoon. The wedding guests were almost entirely church members apart from his parents and siblings, her parents and siblings, and me and two other friends of his.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Merry Xmas to all. Will probably be around here less in the new year as I think I've been falling into bad habits of spending too much time online, but thank you all for the virtual company!
Will miss you, but balance is important. Thank you again for bringing Blocked and Reported into my online life!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Merry Xmas everyone, hope the horse inspired lasagne and rinsed beans are coming along nicely 😄

• Haha
I haven’t been able to catch up here for ages but I just wanted to wish all you wonderful Frauninnies a merry Christmas from me, Daphne, Mistydog, Cece and Festive Fingers! 🎅
I hope you have a lovely day, and to everyone who finds this day/time of year hard you have my thoughts and I hope you can still enjoy your day as best you can 🤍
I just wanted to be a cheesy knobhead and say that you lot have made my year so so so much better than it would have been without you! You bunch of lovely nins!
98B2D5E2-B254-45C7-8C7B-33A076701F10.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I haven’t been able to catch up here for ages but I just wanted to wish all you wonderful Frauninnies a merry Christmas from me, Daphne, Mistydog, Cece and Festive Fingers! 🎅
I hope you have a lovely day, and to everyone who finds this day/time of year hard you have my thoughts and I hope you can still enjoy your day as best you can 🤍
I just wanted to be a cheesy knobhead and say that you lot have made my year so so so much better than it would have been without you! You bunch of lovely nins!
View attachment 1830765
no forearms matt? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hillsong is deffo a cult! Listen to the Chris Pratt episode of Beyond The Blinds (if it's not Patreon only). They have girls who shag the famous members - it's gross. Also did anyone read that piece about the TikTok dance crew in LA which is also a cult? Not sure if this is the original piece I read about it in: https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...ations-miranda-wilking-james-derrick-1323200/

Xmas day going very smoothly here with just the odd weird dig from my mum that I'm managing to mostly ignore.

Happy Christmas all Frauen and Herren xxx

• Heart
That orgasm cult scam, they had a good thing going until someone had to ruin it. Netflix, Orgasm Inc., if anyone doesn't fancy the King's speech.

Reactions: 10
I'm a little sad we don't have Christmas hats, we did last year I think?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Happy Christmas to all you lovely people. It has been uplifting reading here this year. I hope you all had a Christmas you enjoyed. Hugs to those having a difficult time 💕💕

• Heart
had a minor panic earlier cos i was convinced we still had a packet bread sauce mix but we didn't and bread sauce is just one of my favourite things ever! luckily, i managed to pull off a from scratch bread sauce in just under an hour. TOOT TOOT

just to echo what others have said, you're all a lovely lot and im well aware i overshare sometimes too, but it really does feel like we're a little gang of mates, doesn't it? this is hands down the best community ive ever been involved in online

who'd have ever thought that feeling a bit sceptical about a two bit food blogger would have led to this? ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Merry Christmas all! As I put in MT, I had a nightmare and burnt the potatoes but I reminded myself I didn’t make eels and the green stuff and suddenly my failure didn’t seem so bad… They were edible I think but perhaps Mr B and MIL were just being extremely polite.

I did have to try to explain the eels meal to MIL though after I commented on it to Mr B and her expression of sheer horror was the best Christmas gift this year 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
We've had an excellent Christmas, with the only minor issue being that the Christmas pudding the MIL brought was basically disgusting as she didn't put any sugar in it and the texture was grim. Proper shop bought Christmas pudding is one of my favourite things and I feel slightly deprived.

• Sad
  • Wow
We've had an excellent Christmas, with the only minor issue being that the Christmas pudding the MIL brought was basically disgusting as she didn't put any sugar in it and the texture was grim. Proper shop bought Christmas pudding is one of my favourite things and I feel slightly deprived.
We (by we I mean my parents) had a Morrisons one. I was meant to bring a marks one but our shop failed to deliver and didn’t have any small ones so my mum had to get one on the way here. Anyway…

It was jammed with alcohol. It was just as well the 2 of us don’t eat it. I could smell the cognac as it was cooking.

Hope everyone has had a day that was doable (whatever that means to them). We are going home tomorrow. Work on Tuesday so we need some time to readjust from herdy sheep being next door rather than students.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.