Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t want to say this at the time but now the bread is no more I feel I can.

There is a giant fluffy white/ beige cat that lives near me. When he sits in leaves he tucks everything in. I can’t really see him clearly from where I am so he looks like a lovely loaf of bread. Your loaf of bread in fact.

I didn’t want to suggest you were going to eat a fluffy cat so I refrained from saying anything until now.

I won’t name the cat to protect his privacy ( He doesn’t care about mine. He tried to spread fleas into my house in the summer). From now on he will be called Boule*.

*Not Francis.

and this is why all the twitter cat accounts are always going "loafe" or whatever

I've had a pretty ok day. in between my messaging of greggs and annoying wolfnsunflowers again, ive slept till 12, watched frozen and mary poppins and grazed on leftovers. think that's a pretty good boxing day ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hope everyone is having a good day over Xmas. I have found out out I have a dodgy bracha gene 2 and it's recommended I get a total hysterectomy and double mastectomy I'm pretty scared because if my Anorexia nervosa tothe surgeon is concerned how I could get through surgery ok but I'm really only worried how our girl Honey would be while be I'm recovering. it's hard to try to work out what I should do for the best

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I didn’t want to say this at the time but now the bread is no more I feel I can.

There is a giant fluffy white/ beige cat that lives near me. When he sits in leaves he tucks everything in. I can’t really see him clearly from where I am so he looks like a lovely loaf of bread. Your loaf of bread in fact.

I didn’t want to suggest you were going to eat a fluffy cat so I refrained from saying anything until now.

I won’t name the cat to protect his privacy ( He doesn’t care about mine. He tried to spread fleas into my house in the summer). From now on he will be called Boule*.

*Not Francis.
Boule makes me think of the fallout on the M&S thread over the frozen garlic boule. Which is dead to me as none of my nearest stores have this magical garlic bread freezer.

Glad you’re ok SideyB and that sounds like a perfect day to me Kach!

My sister is on the phone to toxic ex and I’m restraining myself because she’s an adult but last night sounds… off, to me.

ETA: that sounds really rough Scotty, such a hard decision. I’m sure wiser ninnies than I might have advice, but we’re all here for you

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Actually managed to cook something for the boys that wasn't beige/frozen/ready meal, AND washed up and cleaned worktop. Roast potatoes, parsnips, onion&apple, carrot&swede mash, red cabbage with caraway butter and vinegar, gravy made with the cabbage water and a splash of red wine (so pretty on the spuds!)
I'm having nurofen and diazepam for dinner.

• Heart
Boule makes me think of the fallout on the M&S thread over the frozen garlic boule. Which is dead to me as none of my nearest stores have this magical garlic bread freezer.

Glad you’re ok SideyB and that sounds like a perfect day to me Kach!
That fall out was epic. When one of them was kicking off about tit food sitting on shelves for weeks in Aldi I was 🤪🤪🤪.

Course hun. As if M&S is your local artisan producer.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Actually managed to cook something for the boys that wasn't beige/frozen/ready meal, AND washed up and cleaned worktop. Roast potatoes, parsnips, onion&apple, carrot&swede mash, red cabbage with caraway butter and vinegar, gravy made with the cabbage water and a splash of red wine (so pretty on the spuds!)
Great that you had a lovely dinner hope you had a lovely day

Great that you had a lovely dinner hope you had a lovely day
Zetta your dog is totally gorgeous Honey's friend is so like her she makes a total show of herself when we walk by her house so she will come out and see her hope your looking after yourselves big hugs from me and Honey

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
That sounds lovely, hope there are lots of leftovers!

Nurofen and diazepam hit the spot sometimes.

@Scotty1976 . Sorry about your news. Can you let it sink in and then think about Honey? Dogs are remarkably resilient and although she might need somewhere immediately after your op, once you are up and able to walk around you could get someone to take her for walks while you recover. The new walks would be tiring so she wouldn’t be a drain and having her around would definitely help you emotionally. Then, as you improve, you could you take her to a nearby park to do her thing while you sit? Then do stuff in the house (hide treats and then you sit again, that kind of thing) ? Mental stimulation is just as tiring as physical for them xxx. Sorry for long post. Pets are our world. It’s so difficult.

Last edited:
  • Heart
That fall out was epic. When one of them was kicking off about tit food sitting on shelves for weeks in Aldi I was 🤪🤪🤪.

Course hun. As if M&S is your local artisan producer.
The way all of that was fine but insulting the price of the garlic boule was a step too far, I had to reread several times because I kept laughing 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Glad everyone is managing. I had a health flare the last day that ran into a migraine earlier. Long story short, I just woke up 😕.
Scotty sorry you are worried. I don’t have any experience but I do know people who have dog friends. They don’t have their own dog but they take someone else’s out for walks a few times a week. If Honey could make a friend, or you could pay a walker, that would ease some of the burden. There’s an app called borrow my doggie.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hotes, hope your migraine is easing.

We did borrow my doggie. Not for us but because the students miss their dogs. She isn’t on it anymore because we worry she gets overexcited and might hurt herself.

Here she is enjoying Christmas. She isn’t a Scrooge like me (there’s a Greggs in the distance btw 😉).

4EC7BE95-D56C-495D-83D4-38BD84BEB286.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Hope everyone is ok! I'm about to throttle my sister but otherwise Christmas has been nice. Spent lots of time playing with my nephew and making him laugh, even though that gets a bit exhausting. The cat adoption lady sent me a funny photo and that made me smile!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I am completely turning into my mother and this situation with my sister is the proof, I’ll be buying hundreds of those decorative china bear figures by this time next week. Ok perhaps not but it’s hard to toe the line of accepting she’s a generally quite responsible grown up and wanting to shake her when I see this ex sucking her back in to her orbit. Obviously I am not a neutral observer on this either.

Love the Christmas cats and dogs!

• Heart
Hope everyone is ok! I'm about to throttle my sister but otherwise Christmas has been nice. Spent lots of time playing with my nephew and making him laugh, even though that gets a bit exhausting. The cat adoption lady sent me a funny photo and that made me smile!
Squeeee little face!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
@Scotty1976 I'm so sorry about your news. My first thought is always my pets too. I hope you can find a solution, and you know if I was close by instead of down here I'd look after Honey for you. Much love .

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Guys idek what to say other than I’ve just had a shocking morning and have started rows and really don’t want to be here. Hate hate hate this I’m not doing this next year - is anyone else in the same boat or am I the only head?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Guys idek what to say other than I’ve just had a shocking morning and have started rows and really don’t want to be here. Hate hate hate this I’m not doing this next year - is anyone else in the same boat or am I the only head?
I'm on an ill-fated shopping trip that is going south fast. My Harold wants to turn it into trains, planes and automobiles instead of driving straight to and parking at the actual shopping centre, he wants us to illegally park on some wasteland and jump on a train 20 mins walk away, which will cost more than parking at our destination. It's snowing. There's no need.
I'm still not over him throwing out the Christmas gravy 'because I leave everything at my arse' when I'd briefly moved it out of the way to carve the turkey.
So, not just you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I'm on an ill-fated shopping trip that is going south fast. My Harold wants to turn it into trains, planes and automobiles instead of driving straight to and parking at the actual shopping centre, he wants us to illegally park on some wasteland and jump on a train 20 mins walk away, which will cost more than parking at our destination. It's snowing. There's no need.
I'm still not over him throwing out the Christmas gravy 'because I leave everything at my arse' when I'd briefly moved it out of the way to carve the turkey.
So, not just you.
Thank you for this and omg sending love at parking in wasteland to get anywhere duck that 😱 thank you for this though it made me smile and feel less alone. Bleurgh.

Are you going Boxing Day sale shopping?

• Heart
Yes, to a fancy lifestyle store where everything is beige and calming, and hopefully cheaper than usual.

The waste ground is blocked off with boulders. Now freezing my fingertips off at the train station having paid more to park at a hotel car park than we would in town.

I do not do well with inefficiency.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
No one is a head.

Give me a minute and I’ll be.

Leaving Mrs T with leftovers while the shop will either be empty and cold or heaving with unwanted present donations. Who knows?

Christmas leaves so many frayed nerves. Can you take a minute for yourself or with LO to decompress?

@Hollaaa , if I am forced to walk in the cold, when I get to the warm I sit down and refuse to move until I warm up. Try that. For a hour maybe. JL? Dogs are allowed in but I am protesting the confusion over the new clean air zone. Do I have to pay? Don’t I? WFK.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hope everyone is having a good day over Xmas. I have found out out I have a dodgy bracha gene 2 and it's recommended I get a total hysterectomy and double mastectomy I'm pretty scared because if my Anorexia nervosa tothe surgeon is concerned how I could get through surgery ok but I'm really only worried how our girl Honey would be while be I'm recovering. it's hard to try to work out what I should do for the best
Oh Scotty, that’s so much to deal with, especially at this time of year. Sending you hugs (if wanted) to you and lovely Honey, and so many positive thoughts x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.