Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
mr kcc has been ✨ fancy✨ and put italian seasoning on the part baked petits pains and they smell amazing

got the snowman on the telly and it just feels all proper christmassy
An 80s children’s classic (aka tears all round)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
An 80s children’s classic (aka tears all round)
The boy the mole etc might just be the new snowman, it’s on again 9.00 tomorrow if anybody is up, or on iplayer hankies deployed. Idris elba, Gabriel Byrne and Tom Hollander do the voices

• Heart
I hope you all have a fab day, whatever you're doing. Bonus Susan pic, she was sitting in the bath earlier trying to lick the tap, bless her.
4B433C01-6530-4DFC-85CD-F7C4BFC4BDCD.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Evening all, I'm currently munching my way through chocs and beige nibbles. Having my first sober Christmas, and it's OK but odd. Do feel like there's something missing! 😑 Definitely making up for it with extra treats.

Love all you guys ❤ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 28
the kcc house xmas eve buffet/fuddle/picky tea/call it what you want

petits pains, tiny souffles, salmon pate, ardennes pate, smoked duck, bresaola

20221224_192509.jpg

could probs go for some cheese now tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Too niche for the MT, but PSA @Nonah Merry Christmas and if you are heading north, watch out for the burst main at the Lancs near where the bowling used to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
ETA @Sideboard Bob Ted Danson plays “himself” in Curb Your Enthusiasm and he’s great in it, especially the later seasons. Have you seen that?
No!!! Ah thank you for letting me know! I’ve only seen the first couple of series of Curb, but I loved it, so this this a great reminder to catch up!

“life preserver” always takes my mind straight to BTTF too, fave movie ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just went outside and some weirdo is mowing their lawn. Not everyone celebrates Christmas but it's against the law to mow your lawn before 10 am on a Sunday. I mean, he's not going to get a SWAT team swarming his house but someone's bound to complain. I can't hear it from inside my house as I live on a 4 lane road and he's over the other side.
I hope he gets the parsons nose when the turkey's divvied up, stupid man.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I just went outside and some weirdo is mowing their lawn. Not everyone celebrates Christmas but it's against the law to mow your lawn before 10 am on a Sunday. I mean, he's not going to get a SWAT team swarming his house but someone's bound to complain. I can't hear it from inside my house as I live on a 4 lane road and he's over the other side.
There’s no accounting for people! Hope Susan catches some tap drips x

• Haha
parson's nose is the best bit though!

although best bit of a turkey is a moo point tbh, turkey's just the saddest meat

Reactions: 13
Merry Christmas you lot! You are all very funny and interesting and wise.

I am home for Christmas as are all my family, which can be tough as I don't get on with one of my siblings. I have tried to be civil for my parents' and nephew's sake but they really wound me up tonight 😤 have retired early to bed, to avoid arguments.

• Heart
Father Christmas is one of my favourite Christmas Eve things to watch. It came out when I was little and I was mesmerised by it (and already loved The Snowman).

645D6F66-F32A-42FD-B852-B5A185D3C202.jpeg

Merry Christmas you beautiful bunch of ninnies 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I rate the jerk tofu experience a solid 8/10, definitely would recommend. The portions are a decent size, I probs didn't need the sweetcorn fritters as well but they were bangin so no regrets. I actually made bread for the first time in at least seven months today! Going to my sister's tomorrow with my mum and grandma for a party food lunch and didn't want to turn up empty handed, especially as I haven't been able to go out and get any gifts. The festive guilt is real.

View attachment 1829542

Merry Christmas/weekend to all you absolute bangers ❤
Fresh home baked bread is a brilliant present so absolutely no need to feel festive guilt! If anything you’re festive ✨thriving✨ that bread will be the best for snacky Christmas bits!

My MIL made me a veggie cottage pie for dinner today which was really nice of her tbh. Had some salt and vinegar kettle chips and they’re definitely less… claggy now? Like they don’t leave gross residue on your fingers anymore?! I kind of miss it ngl 👀

Happy Christmas though ninnies, thank you for the lols and chat ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
We just watched Motherland. 🥺 Then my dad, obviously completely unaffected (the three of us were in bits) then switched over and said “right. Who’s up for a bit of Handmaid’s Tale?”. My mum just looked at him, tears streaming and went to make coffee. He had taken Mrs T and Tunnel dog to the pub earlier so I’ll let him off ❤.

We had M&S dim sum and panda/unicorn buns tonight with crudités. It was quite hard to eat the panda bun. All I could think of was panda cuddlers.

• Heart
Merry Xmas to all. Will probably be around here less in the new year as I think I've been falling into bad habits of spending too much time online, but thank you all for the virtual company!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
eesh, i thought I was cold when the gas was off, but vali and any other US fraus and lurkers, i hope you're doing ok

it looks brutal. snow in texas??

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.