Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Facturday, some Police members in the Northern Territory get around on Segways. It's hard not to laugh because their uniform looks weird too. They look like park rangers in shorts gliding around on their scooters. The NT is a really weird place.
probably to match with the equally insane wildlife? :ROFLMAO:
Happy xmas day to you and the feline cabal (especially little friend susan of course ❤)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Happy Christmas to you too, Tunnely! Will my favourite dog get a special snack today?
My three have some ham to eat later after they ger their daily brush. ♥
She has a special Christmas food thing (she got an advent calendar too). She’s just had her bath after our walk. Ham pictures please!
I’ve just seen Maxi Jazz has died. Faithless probably provided the soundtrack to many of our sixth form and university careers.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
well, i did indeed go back to bed, which was nice

now im just having a strawberry and lime g+t, this is also nice

gonna get on the xmas eve nibbles shortly

• Heart
She has a special Christmas food thing (she got an advent calendar too). She’s just had her bath after our walk. Ham pictures please!
I’ve just seen Maxi Jazz has died. Faithless probably provided the soundtrack to many of our sixth form and university careers.
I'm not familiar with them..is it Dido's brother's band or something?
It's a real loss whether you know the person or not as the music is such a big part of your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought that about it being quiet too, I always do my Xmas shopping on Xmas eve (only immediate family to buy for so no real stress) but it is definitely way more quiet than usual
I wasn’t sure if it was the cost of living, the weather, the fact everyone seems to be either ill or just getting over illness or just that most of the schools have been off for a week here plus the rail strikes and because it’s a Sunday Christmas people have had time to organise. Maybe a combo of all of the above I guess, it was busier earlier in the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm not familiar with them..is it Dido's brother's band or something?
It's a real loss whether you know the person or not as the music is such a big part of your life.
Insomnia is probably one of their most famous tracks. They are a dance band. Lots of DJs sample their music. It’s like going back to when things seemed simple but actually weren’t.

• Heart
Yes, there's only 1 lane in each direction, then my beloved bike lane. Both bridges are toll for cars. Free for me though! Cyclists / peds can't use the new bridge. The old pedestrian bit hanging off the side below the road deck is still there.

The Runcorn bridge basically goes right into the old town & station. All the roads were moved (anyone else used to think their parents lied about roads moving when they got lost in 80s?!) so its really hard to get to the M56 off the old bridge. The Widnes crossing goes through Daresbury and Preston Brook to the motorway.
Oh yes the roads moved recently, my mum went to Widnes to see the new bridge and ended up on it. Then had to pay the tolls.

Reactions: 9
@traumatised sideboard how was your dins and what are you up to today?
I rate the jerk tofu experience a solid 8/10, definitely would recommend. The portions are a decent size, I probs didn't need the sweetcorn fritters as well but they were bangin so no regrets. I actually made bread for the first time in at least seven months today! Going to my sister's tomorrow with my mum and grandma for a party food lunch and didn't want to turn up empty handed, especially as I haven't been able to go out and get any gifts. The festive guilt is real.

bread.jpg

Merry Christmas/weekend to all you absolute bangers ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I'll be missing my beautiful mum today. No matter what the weather forecast was we always had roast turkey with taters, veg, polish pickles and a Québecan dessert similar to brownies at Christmas lunch. All served on the tableware she got for her first wedding in 1957.
Tu me manques, Maman.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'll be missing my beautiful mum today. No matter what the weather forecast was we always had roast turkey with taters, veg, polish pickles and a Québecan dessert similar to brownies at Christmas lunch. All served on the tableware she got for her first wedding in 1957.
Tu me manques, Maman.

• Heart
Am I the only one being a wet lettuce about the boy the mole the fox and the horse? 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 14
mr kcc has been ✨ fancy✨ and put italian seasoning on the part baked petits pains and they smell amazing

got the snowman on the telly and it just feels all proper christmassy

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@Valiofthedolls are you ok? It looks like it is getting mighty cold in the US at the moment. Sending warmos.
Lol it’s cold AF here (for here). It dropped from being in the 20s to below freezing in less than 2 days, it’s still below zero and my RENTED house is an old raise one-storey house (not a bungahouse) with 12ft ceilings and one heater to heat the whole thing. Last night despite running the water, the hot water pipe froze so I spent 30 mins this morning lying on my back under the house blowing the hairdryer at it to melt the ice as Mr V is at work and I couldn’t be arsed involving my actual EVIL LANDLADY.

All is well though and it’s, unfathomably, going to be back in the 20s by mid week (unlike all those poor buggers further north). It’s also a beautiful day outside so I’m about to go for a walk all bundled up.
EA4F18A2-51B6-405D-95E9-9D8042FB9C3D.jpeg

Related, I had a big birthday a couple of weeks ago. There’s a pic of me 25 years ago pretty much in Geri’s EXACT 2 become 1 outfit except my coat was a thrift store 70s suede one with a massive sheepskin collar (sorry @Falkor’s girls 😢). Lol after the fact this year, I realized that with some of my birthday money this year I actually bought Mel C’s entire 2 become 1 outfit right down to the khaki hoodie life preserver. I’m going to stick that outfit on with a giant coat and hat and go for a walk along the river to see if I can see any of my bird friends.

Love to all on Christmas Eve (or Day, dear upside downers) and I just want to say a huge huge thank you to you all. This is such a wonderful caring, thoughtful, daft, irreverent, hilarious and just GLORIOUS community and I am so thankful to be a part of it. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Lol it’s cold AF here (for here). It dropped from being in the 20s to below freezing in less than 2 days, it’s still below zero and my RENTED house is an old raise one-storey house (not a bungahouse) with 12ft ceilings and one heater to heat the whole thing. Last night despite running the water, the hot water pipe froze so I spent 30 mins this morning lying on my back under the house blowing the hairdryer at it to melt the ice as Mr V is at work and I couldn’t be arsed involving my actual EVIL LANDLADY.

All is well though and it’s, unfathomably, going to be back in the 20s by mid week (unlike all those poor buggers further north). It’s also a beautiful day outside so I’m about to go for a walk all bundled up.
View attachment 1829581
Related, I had a big birthday a couple of weeks ago. There’s a pic of me 25 years ago pretty much in Geri’s EXACT 2 become 1 outfit except my coat was a thrift store 70s suede one with a massive sheepskin collar (sorry @Falkor’s girls 😢). Lol after the fact this year, I realized that with some of my birthday money this year I actually bought Mel C’s entire 2 become 1 outfit right down to the khaki hoodie life preserver. I’m going to stick that outfit on with a giant coat and hat and go for a walk along the river to see if I can see any of my bird friends.

Love to all on Christmas Eve (or Day, dear upside downers) and I just want to say a huge huge thank you to you all. This is such a wonderful caring, thoughtful, daft, irreverent, hilarious and just GLORIOUS community and I am so thankful to be a part of it. ❤
A) I love the term life preserver. The first time I heard it, I had no idea what it referred to. I thought people were talking about those minty sweets and didn’t see how they kept people warm.

B) How are the animals coping in the weather?

and most importantly…

C) keep popping back if you can… let us know you are ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

View attachment 1829581

Aww, happy big birthday for a few weeks ago Vali Spice! 🎉

• Heart
A) I love the term life preserver. The first time I heard it, I had no idea what it referred to. I thought people were talking about those minty sweets and didn’t see how they kept people warm.

and most importantly…

Everyone’s cats are inside, we have a couple of little ferals that come but a couple of different neighbors have outside laundry rooms and have left those doors open for them and we are feeding them and leaving warmish water for them to drink, we’ve also left cat food under the house in case the naughty cat food stealing raccoon and possum are around (TOTAL enabling!).

As it’s been so unseasonably warm, there are some tiny baby lizards (a tiny tiny gecko about the size of a 50p came into the house on Wed and I rescued it and put it back in the garden before the cats saw it) and their parents around, hopefully they’re all burrowed deep into the soil and safe til it warms up again.x

Lol “life preserver” is SHAMELESSLY stolen from Marty Calvin (of the purple underwear)- I don’t think anyone’s ever worn one better
391063DC-DC31-429A-B349-4984BAB83198.gif

ETA @Sideboard Bob Ted Danson plays “himself” in Curb Your Enthusiasm and he’s great in it, especially the later seasons. Have you seen that?

• Heart
Reactions: 16

and most importantly…

I thought life preserver was a life jacket 🤔

Reactions: 13
I thought life preserver was a life jacket 🤔
It is. It’s just that when Marty McFly goes into the diner in the 1950s the guy behind the counter thinks his puffer vest/gilet is a life vest and asks if he’s just jumped ship- so that’s where it came from to describe puffer vests/gilets

47D71F8B-289D-46DC-89BE-36BABC43A43D.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just thought I’d pop in and wish you all a Merry Christmas hope you all have a lovely day ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.