Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I posted this in another thread but if anyone needs a (very cringe) laugh, I was sent this by a friend

Hollyoaks is one of my (many) guilty pleasures since lockdown and even by their standards this is hilariously bad

Merry xmas to all the cabal on the most toxic place on the internet or whatever it is we are supposed to be :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Merry Christmas to you all.

I've just seen Darth Vader and a Jedi go into the Spoons in Runcorn. Not something I ever thought I'd say.

IMG20221224125435.jpg

In motion picture of the Runcorn Bridge.
Just having a steak bake watched by ~30 pigeons before heading home to my loving cat.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Living in London my cats have never seen sheep (or any wildlife outside of very tame foxes) I really wonder how they would react
One year my friends hired a pony for my birthday and my old cat Ev was out in the backyard hanging around the pony smelling it and staring. I think Ev was the exception, the other two cats we had took one look at Major the pony and ran back inside the house.
Here's me hugging the pony and crying because I thought it was mine to keep 😂
13597C81-E68E-4C00-831D-FCA2833F24FD.jpeg

• Heart
Merry Christmas to you all.

I've just seen Darth Vader and a Jedi go into the Spoons in Runcorn. Not something I ever thought I'd say.

View attachment 1829228

In motion picture of the Runcorn Bridge.
Just having a steak bake watched by ~30 pigeons before heading home to my loving cat.
Wait can you still drive over it? What about the new bridge?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Hey it’s Saturday, here’s a #Facturday - you’re all the nicest, funniest bunch of ninnies on the internet.

Happy Christmas to all who celebrate, and happy weekend to those who don’t!

• Heart
One year my friends hired a pony for my birthday and my old cat Ev was out in the backyard hanging around the pony smelling it and staring. I think Ev was the exception, the other two cats we had took one look at Major the pony and ran back inside the house.
Here's me hugging the pony and crying because I thought it was mine to keep 😂
View attachment 1829260
actually my cats have seen horses (the police around me sometimes ride them - not sure what that says about where i live :ROFLMAO:) but they are both terrified, just the sound of them makes them both run and hide

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
actually my cats have seen horses (the police around me sometimes ride them - not sure what that says about where i live :ROFLMAO:) but they are both terrified, just the sound of them makes them both run and hide
MIL has baby today (showing him off to all her friends) so I went into the town by myself, but novelty! I saw mounted police and enjoyed that one officer was wearing tinsel and had decorated the horse with a headband and some tinsel while the one next to him was stoic and stone faced.

I was surprised at how quiet it all was out given that it’s Christmas Eve. I didn’t have anywhere specific in mind to go, just enjoyed the freedom of not pushing a buggy and being able to get Costa without an advanced driving license (v narrow aisle that’s murder with a buggy).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The complicated logistics of polyamory are the only downside of it for me!
Same!

Xmas dinner for me is gonna be a beige buffet I feel, might order a festive takeaway now that seeing my parents is out the question, will see what delights are still in their xmas freezer after the new year. Summat to look forward to! The cats have a 12 pack of Dreamies so they're sorted, and I discovered my wife's weed stash last night so I can actually eat unlike the last time I had covid and if she complains, it's medicinal. Haven't been a regular smoker of it for like a year now so it's a novelty and I'm gonna spend the rest of my weekend playing Final Fantasy 6 and being easily amused.

• Heart
I was warming something in the oven the other day and it started smoking. I’ll admit I don’t clean it very often and there had been some melted cheese spilt in it…
Just took the door off to get cracking cleaning, and found a white puddle at the back. One of my tupperwares had got in and is now a disc. Also it melted around my thermometer 😞
eta - pic

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I was warming something in the oven the other day and it started smoking. I’ll admit I don’t clean it very often and there had been some melted cheese spilt in it…
Just took the door off to get cracking cleaning, and found a white puddle at the back. One of my tupperwares had got in and is now a disc. Also it melted around my thermometer 😞
eta - pic
It looks like a dead jellyfish that you would find on Bamburgh beach.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wait can you still drive over it? What about the new bridge?
Yes, there's only 1 lane in each direction, then my beloved bike lane. Both bridges are toll for cars. Free for me though! Cyclists / peds can't use the new bridge. The old pedestrian bit hanging off the side below the road deck is still there.

The Runcorn bridge basically goes right into the old town & station. All the roads were moved (anyone else used to think their parents lied about roads moving when they got lost in 80s?!) so its really hard to get to the M56 off the old bridge. The Widnes crossing goes through Daresbury and Preston Brook to the motorway.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
MIL has baby today (showing him off to all her friends) so I went into the town by myself, but novelty! I saw mounted police and enjoyed that one officer was wearing tinsel and had decorated the horse with a headband and some tinsel while the one next to him was stoic and stone faced.

I was surprised at how quiet it all was out given that it’s Christmas Eve. I didn’t have anywhere specific in mind to go, just enjoyed the freedom of not pushing a buggy and being able to get Costa without an advanced driving license (v narrow aisle that’s murder with a buggy).
I thought that about it being quiet too, I always do my Xmas shopping on Xmas eve (only immediate family to buy for so no real stress) but it is definitely way more quiet than usual

• Heart
Facturday, some Police members in the Northern Territory get around on Segways. It's hard not to laugh because their uniform looks weird too. They look like park rangers in shorts gliding around on their scooters. The NT is a really weird place.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Facturday, some Police members in the Northern Territory get around on Segways. It's hard not to laugh because their uniform looks weird too. They look like park rangers in shorts gliding around on their scooters. The NT is a really weird place.
Happy Christmas Day MCM ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.