Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 50/50 whether I will make 5he Xmas dinner. If I do, it will be a frozen Sainsburys nut roast reduced to 80p I found weeks ago, Idahoan, aunt Bessie’s Yorkshire’s, gravy, and maybe fresh carrots and frozen peas.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm regretting my last post on this thread:. It actually reads like a Jack Monroe misery fest.

I'm full of festive beans and relieved to be having chips and salsa instead of fretting about cheffing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
We have so much chocolate in the house. Cadbury and Darrell Lea for the bloke, Lindor and Godiva for me. Kindly given to us by the food bank along with a $30 Petbarn gift card for the cats. So grateful for all they've done for us.
In other news I'm getting excited about the new Puss in Boots film, it looks like it should be a good laugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
i really don't know why im up at this hour, it's far too early. send back to bed-os!

we have venison for dinner tomorrow, from lidl ofc

happy xmas eve everyone! ❤

• Heart
Hello! I just wanted to pop on and wish you all a very merry Christmas, whatever that is for you. I miss you guys - the funniest, most caring, honest and compassionate people on Tattle I’ve met in Monroesville and I hope you all have a great festive season ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Hello! I just wanted to pop on and wish you all a very merry Christmas, whatever that is for you. I miss you guys - the funniest, most caring, honest and compassionate people on Tattle I’ve met in Monroesville and I hope you all have a great festive season ❤
Merry Xmas to you and yours, Lenny! I hope you have a fabulous day!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Merry Xmas @LennyBriscoe and to the rest of the canal ❤ hoping you have the Christmas you need - whatever that looks like. Sending lots of love to the mitheringest of the ninnies, here’s to spraying more beverages all over the place from laughing too hard in 2023 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Merry Christmas to the best bunch of sad ninnying hausfraus and herrs I know. I hope you all have a lovely weekend full fun, chocolate, happiness and not a single jellied ell in sight. Now duck off x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
PXL_20221223_210314253.jpg

Somewhere in this cinnamon swirl is a cat. Finally feel like I can contribute 😂 Happy Christmas eve lads xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
It's going to be a difficult one for me this year (recent family bereavement), compounded by not being able to spend it with Mr Pixie. The complicated logistics of polyamory are the only downside of it for me! Still, one of my close friends has a tradition of hosting for anyone left in the area over the holidays, so there will be a lovely Christmas dinner and drinks with good people. I'm going to roast some sprouts in all kinds of deliciousness to ensure that our vegan pal has some variety of side dishes and it will be FINE.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Merry Christmas to all the mithering ninnies on here! I’m spending Xmas exactly as I want, alone and fetching my own food exactly when I want it. For extra festive cheer I’ll be finishing watching dystopian Japanese horror series Alice in Borderland, and fielding calls from friends and family. I’m sure I’ll be around on here if anyone is frustrated, finding the day tough, or wants to vent x

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Morning ninnies - merry Christmas to you and your little boy @LennyBriscoe ❤❤

@traumatised sideboard how was your dins and what are you up to today?

Bizarrely everyone in my house has gone back to sleep!! We had a super disrupted night last night so husband is lying in, LO has made herself a cosy nest and asked for lights out and a blanket!! 🤯 which is my Christmas miracle for the year. I’m too scared to move as she’s not solidly conked so I’m stuck here on tattle lol.

We had a lovely cuddly bubble bath this morning and then a Nutella snowman crumpet + apples and watched the wrong trousers which was nice. I did a Jack Monroe chaos in microwaving the Nutella for too long (tl;dr my kitchen is ridiculously cold so lots of things set so I scrape them out and microwave them for 10 seconds but this I let run for 30 cos I was distracted) and the smell of burnt sugar is 🤢 and unfading! God knows what exploding molten fruit must smell like but no wonder Jackie’s always fewmin if her house smells like this 😩

• Heart
  • Haha
Morning.

Lovely to hear how your days are going.

There are Herdwick sheep here. I might try to take a picture. Coffee is nonstop which is fab and the house is warm. The dog doesn’t know know what to do with herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Merry Christmas Lenny! Found this in a puddle for you 😉
9E6C3F4A-6A52-4EA6-824F-940D21A01FFB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Morning.

Lovely to hear how your days are going.

There are Herdwick sheep here. I might try to take a picture. Coffee is nonstop which is fab and the house is warm. The dog doesn’t know know what to do with herself.
Ooooh, please do, I love Herdwicks! They've got such sweet faces.

I'm having a lazy morning and occasionally checking in with my brother, who has our mother staying with him and his family for Christmas. Got off to a bit of a rocky start yesterday when my sister-in-law turned up to collect her at the agreed time and found her not packed, couldn't remember where she'd put all the Christmas presents and had forgotten to go and pick up her prescriptions, but by this morning she had perked up remarkably due to having company and was playing table tennis with my niece. Not bad for 83 :) I've got flights booked down for early January because last week she viewed a flat she liked in her preferred retirement community (it's a Christmas miracle, she's been very picky!!) and the last stage is an assessment interview with the community manager, so I'm taking her to that. Fingers crossed for no snow and no train strikes.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.