Food and Drink #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so odd to hear this ninnies because this week has felt so odd and creepy in a way? I think my sister and I have been slightly ill because we’ve both felt very run down and out of it. I couldn’t stop myself falling asleep today and yesterday several times whilst I was trying to get stuff done 🤷🏻‍♀️
So Cece scared the absolute tit out of me last night 😅 I tried to sleep in the living room where it’s warmer and I knew that my sister would be up early for college.
I got woken up and looked over to see our coats (hanging up high by the door) rustling around and moving, I thought it was my sis in her coat getting ready to leave and called out to her but she didn’t answer. I’m a very anxious sleeper and immediately grabbed my phone, saw it was 3 in the morning and turned the torch on. It was bloody Cece inside a thick winter coat having a blast looking in the pockets 😂 little tit it genuinely freaked me out so much I couldn’t sleep until it was light again. Cats 🐈
BA17A6BF-110E-45B1-9930-934E57417267.jpeg

The ghost in question

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Cece is so beautiful @MistyWindows you could sell that picture as a print!

I don’t believe in ghosts, but I 100% believe people (in day to day life and here) about their stories. Sounds hypocritical but I hope it makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don’t believe in ghosts except for when I do!
I just had brown rice with peanut butter, not sure if it’s a night snack or lunch.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That sounds like an excellent night snack. I had a slice of cheese for my nightsnack which although still delicious because it’s cheese, had a slight tang of fridge due to not being resealed properly last time I had a slice. obviously I have returned the packet to the fridge still unsealed because I am an idiot 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
HRTIA - how are your visualisation skills? Two things I've found helpful are (1) visualising a protective bubble around me/my loved ones/my home that blocks anything nasty - mine looks a bit like the Readybrek glow but silver - and (2) I have an imaginary lion that walks beside me, which got so strong at one point when I was working late shifts in London and visualising him a lot that someone actually stepped out of his way on a train platform at Victoria one night without having a clue why they'd veered to the side.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
HRTIA - how are your visualisation skills? Two things I've found helpful are (1) visualising a protective bubble around me/my loved ones/my home that blocks anything nasty - mine looks a bit like the Readybrek glow but silver - and (2) I have an imaginary lion that walks beside me, which got so strong at one point when I was working late shifts in London and visualising him a lot that someone actually stepped out of his way on a train platform at Victoria one night without having a clue why they'd veered to the side.
I know your post was serious (that train story is amazing) but please put a warning about mentioning ready brek for people who don’t have ready brek in the house.

That’s all I can think about now.

Steaming bowls of powdery goodness.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I know your post was serious (that train story is amazing) but please put a warning about mentioning ready brek for people who don’t have ready brek in the house.

That’s all I can think about now.

Steaming bowls of powdery goodness.
Sincerest apologies!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That is bloody brilliant.This is why I’ll never leave these threads. Jack Monroe is an irrelevance compared to the things I learn about or get inspired by here.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This is so sweet thank you for sharing! ❤

No ghosts visited last night! I fell asleep listening to celebrity memoir club (thank you @Vanelope lol - I need to talk to you about the Leandra episode cos yikes!!) and woke up at 2am freezing, so came up and managed to sleep through thank god. The podcast is narrated by two hyperactive millennial women so maybe they scared them off. Toddler still sweetly asleep next to me now! 😱

• Heart
  • Haha
That lion is such a beautiful visualisation 🤍
And regarding readybrek you’ve now got me craving chocolate Pronutro, hopefully @colouredlines can relate 💔

Facturday! The lion thing made me think of my little dog and how I can’t sleep without her, she’s half Shih Tzu which translates from Mandarin to mean ‘little lion’ 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That lion is such a beautiful visualisation 🤍
And regarding readybrek you’ve now got me craving chocolate Pronutro, hopefully @colouredlines can relate 💔

Facturday! The lion thing made me think of my little dog and how I can’t sleep without her, she’s half Shih Tzu which translates from Mandarin to mean ‘little lion’ 🥺
Ufff, this inspired me to take a look at the South African shop I buy from, they finally have biltong back in stock so I've just gone a bit mad ordering some treats. I'll call it my Xmas present to myself... 🙈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Solidarity to those with sleep thiefs, I have a pre-schooler who still won't sleep (bedtime takes 2-3hrs, then wakes through the night) 🥴

P.S. I love Ghosts on the BBC and have a massive crush on Mathew Baynton

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ufff, this inspired me to take a look at the South African shop I buy from, they finally have biltong back in stock so I've just gone a bit mad ordering some treats. I'll call it my Xmas present to myself... 🙈
I’ve already told everyone that I would like a pack of Sparberry for Christmas 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is it Facturday?! I was convinced it was Friday today!

This is my current view:
20221126_124044.jpg

and the little pudding bowl-shaped mountain you can just see between two thatched umbrellas has a very sad story attached to it.

Le Morne Brabant is a peninsula on the island of Mauritius with a 550m lump of basalt on it, it's now a UNESCO world heritage site. Mauritius was occupied by many different nations and was a stopover point on slavers' routes from the east, but if a slave could escape and make it to Le Morne, they could live there freely and it became home to a large number of escapees. In 1834 the British in charge of the island abolished slavery here and the governor and the chief of police came to Le Morne to tell all the former slaves they had the freedom of the whole island - but many of the slaves seeing them approach thought they were going to be re-enslaved and instead chose to climb to the top and throw themselves onto the rocks below.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.