Food and Drink #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That lion is such a beautiful visualisation 🤍
And regarding readybrek you’ve now got me craving chocolate Pronutro, hopefully @colouredlines can relate 💔

Facturday! The lion thing made me think of my little dog and how I can’t sleep without her, she’s half Shih Tzu which translates from Mandarin to mean ‘little lion’ 🥺
I didn’t know this! Nala has a bit of Shih Tzu in her. They are so cute!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
SH=Self harm. Sorry don’t even like typing it out, is a very bad habit.

No, I don’t know if I am there yet (c Sali Hughes) but I am starting to think it’s a probability that I am, though other than extreme tiredness and the MH stuff I don’t have any physical symptoms. I did try and make a GP appt this week to discuss but there were none available online and I couldn’t bring myself to call, like the dafty I am atm. I think it might be a good shout though x

@Sideboard Bob - someone just getting it is a huge thing, yes all the self-destructive, me. Rotten isn’t it? Hope you’re ok xxx
I have no wise words to offer, only virtual support. If writing it down helps, then keep popping in. I know how bad I've felt at times and an outlet can help - just to collect thoughts more rationally.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@Sideboard Bob - someone just getting it is a huge thing, yes all the self-destructive, me. Rotten isn’t it? Hope you’re ok xxx
That’s why I wanted to respond, I hoped it might help a bit to know it’s not just you. It really does suck. I’m as ok as can be tbh, and luckily I’m still trying to get help. It’s hard, but not impossible. I really hope you’re as ok as can be too xxx

• Heart
My love to you @Flumps sorry that you're not doing well ❤

I had my COVID booster yesterday and now feel absolutely rancid. The paracetamol I took before bed wore off at 4am so I woke up shivering but couldn't take any more because I felt too sick and feverish to get out of bed. Also I have agonising heartburn (keep having to convince myself it's probably not a heart attack) and all the medicine I have for it is months out of date. I can't go out and get more because I'm too tired. Send Gaviscon-os to 1 Sideboard Street, Celery, Edinburgh.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

I had my COVID booster yesterday and now feel absolutely rancid. The paracetamol I took before bed wore off at 4am so I woke up shivering but couldn't take any more because I felt too sick and feverish to get out of bed. Also I have agonising heartburn (keep having to convince myself it's probably not a heart attack) and all the medicine I have for it is months out of date. I can't go out and get more because I'm too tired. Send Gaviscon-os to 1 Sideboard Street, Celery, Edinburgh.
Sidey, I’m sure most meds like gaviscon, Rennit’s etc are ok to use after the date they just might lose their taste and be less effective. They taste tit anyway.
Also you can try baking soda (Bicarbonate of soda) I’ve done that in a pinch and it worked

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Getir might be a bet. You get can get all sorts of things delivered from them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Also of course depends where you live but deliveroo near me delivers form supermarkets and corner shops
Uber eats does too. I've got a promo for 50% off grocery orders at the moment.

Tesco also have 'Woosh', it's like a quick delivery service from them and it's on their website. (I think it's still a bit new to be everywhere, but worth a look if it is in your area.)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Can I have one please?
I'm so jealous, my little cat (no longer a kitten) is becoming much less affectionate) probably learned from his older sister.. if it wasn't so expensive to hVe cats and I didn't live in a small flat I would be getting a kitten every year, is there.anything better?!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm so jealous, my little cat (no longer a kitten) is becoming much less affectionate) probably learned from his older sister.. if it wasn't so expensive to hVe cats and I didn't live in a small flat I would be getting a kitten every year, is there.anything better?!
I love kittens but I prefer older cats. Kittens are hard work! Susan is almost 9 and still does kittenish things like the twice daily freak out/screamfest...she makes me tired. I do love a sweet little bebe cat though. Awwww.

• Heart
I love kittens but I prefer older cats. Kittens are hard work! Susan is almost 9 and still does kittenish things like the twice daily freak out/screamfest...she makes me tired. I do love a sweet little bebe cat though. Awwww.
Kittens are a massive faff, but they make up for it by being so cute 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Getir might be a bet. You get can get all sorts of things delivered from them.
If they don’t have gaviscon etc then Trebor extra strong mints or the XXX equivalent (the chalky textured ones) did an equally good job when I was full of pregnancy heartburn… a tip I tried in desperation at 2am one night.

• Heart
Sorry to @Flumps and everyone else who is suffering. I would blame winter but that is my problem and it is flippant of me to suggest that others’ suffering can be explained away so easily.

Today was difficult. I came across a new diagnosis, mythomania. It has nothing to do with Jack and it is just a coincidence that I was introduced to it today. It may have been discussed on the MT but I can’t remember.

No book is tit btw. Each to their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Kittens are a massive faff, but they make up for it by being so cute 😍

I got lucky with a chill guy with the kitten I homed over summer, he is even more relaxed nowadays, had reservations that he would destroy everything. Nope, but he has claimed the arm chair as his.

I'd never start with a puppy again though. I got my dog at 8 weeks old and she was a nightmare, cute as you like, but no, I couldn't go through puppy training again, it was like having a baby, with needles for teeth. If I ever had another dog; it would be an older one who has been through that!

• Heart
Don't mind me, just bookmarking this for when Thrifty Kitchen is published.
It'll still be of use for burning to keep warm during the cost of living crisis.

You'll have a cupboard full of tit ingredients, but you'll be warm, dear heart!

• Haha
polite girl, as cat twitter says

20221126_202204.jpg

i just raged at mr kcc for not giving me some of tilly's lick-e-lix cos ive never had it before

i will sample lick-e-lix before this night is over. chicken flavour yoghurt? yes fuckin please 😋

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.