Food and Drink #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nearly finished the second ep of H+M and omg this is loooong, it needs a 1.5x speed on it. They both talk so slowly and then there’s slide shows of pictures in between talking too 😴 why did they film their footage in portrait too?

Still have an ep to go but this doesn’t really cover anything gritty or controversial? Like it’s not saying anything anyone who has scrolled the daily mail website in the past half decade couldn’t have told you? 🤷🏻‍♀️
That’s why I’ve not watched it, it seems like there’s nothing new. Maybe there will be some revelations in Harry’s book and they’re saving it for that?

I’m kind of meh about all of them, but I agree with KCC, that Meghan was taking the piss out of herself. I saw the clip, it was clear from how over the top she was being that it was self-deprication.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Love, hugs and warm thoughts to anyone who wants them this evening.

Sorry, totally different topic, but aahhh check this out! On one hand, it’s pretty cool, but on the other, “rise of the machines”! 😱

Why does the robot look like a weirdly cut sandwich?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I‘ve put a film on! Everything Everywhere All At Once.
Quoting myself like a prick, but I‘ve just finished watching the movie. Omg, have you all seen this? If so, what did you guys think? I loved it, it’s genius!

It’s an amazing film in it‘s own right, but one thing that I love about it is this - I love films where weird things happened to ordinary people, like Groundhog Day, The Truman Show, The Matrix, Eternal Sunshine, etc etc. but what’s always annoyed me is that the “ordinary person” is always a man, and usually white. It‘s just so unrealistic.

Enter Michelle Yeoh, as the “everywoman“ in this film. She is agh so brilliant!

There’s so much more to say about it, but I’d really recommend it everyone, and it’s free on Prime just now, yay.

@Smol Pixel I just saw your post as I was typing mine, I totally agree!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
20% off skincare.

Boo. M and S don’t do hot hot and cold cold flannels do they? 2 days left to redeem themselves.

We ended up watching Robin Hood PoT. I know, I know. Mrs T was working until late, sandwiches happened and it just appeared 🫤.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
20% off skincare.

Boo. M and S don’t do hot hot and cold cold flannels do they? 2 days left to redeem themselves.

We ended up watching Robin Hood PoT. I know, I know. Mrs T was working until late, sandwiches happened and it just appeared 🫤.
Are you kidding?! It’s an iconic film! Does it still hold up? (You don’t have to answer this!).

Just remember we could have had Kate Bush, Annie Lennox or Lisa Stansfield singing the theme tune.

I’m now watching that BBC4 Documentary on Dusty Springfield (yes I’m a night owl), my word she was a relatable queen.

double post chaos???

I wasn’t joking when I said Dusty Springfield was relatable. Here is one of her cats, Nicholas, from the documentary.

38496384-7E05-4431-80FA-EEDE017543D9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I love it. I love Alan, Christian, Morgan, everyone.

I’m now looking up different places on the met office website to find out where we should move to when Mrs T retires.

Reactions: 12
Quoting myself like a prick, but I‘ve just finished watching the movie. Omg, have you all seen this? If so, what did you guys think? I loved it, it’s genius!

It’s an amazing film in it‘s own right, but one thing that I love about it is this - I love films where weird things happened to ordinary people, like Groundhog Day, The Truman Show, The Matrix, Eternal Sunshine, etc etc. but what’s always annoyed me is that the “ordinary person” is always a man, and usually white. It‘s just so unrealistic.

Enter Michelle Yeoh, as the “everywoman“ in this film. She is agh so brilliant!

There’s so much more to say about it, but I’d really recommend it everyone, and it’s free on Prime just now, yay.

@Smol Pixel I just saw your post as I was typing mine, I totally agree!
Favourite film this year, for definite. My son and husband (DIFFERENT PEOPLE) saw it in the cinema shortly after release. A crowd of rowdy teen boys sat near them. Ninnies, the lads watched it like angels and at the end were cheering, applauding, hugging, and one was in tears. Bless ‘em. What a film though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Big sigh. 20% off skincare. Well there goes my idea of giving lots of things away as presents and to the foodbank! Sorry it hasn't lived up to the hype.

Off to a Christmas market to see my friend today then tucking myself up indoors as this cough is lingering a bit. Catch you lovelies later

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.