Food and Drink #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
have i mentioned that tilly stands up? v short legs, but so long!

View attachment 1758363
Her little head on top of that long body, she's like a novelty draught excluder šŸ˜‚

I also had a naff sleep last night, youngest had a bed accident, so after sorting that out, he was in our bed from 4am and I didn't go back off šŸ˜‘. Hoping for a good sleep tonight as I've been irritable all day.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
well, get all of youse! daysleeping and not getting into trouble for it! šŸ˜… i ofc jest and fully supportive of daysleeping!

had these at lunchtime lads, got them from poundland. the packet does not lie

20221125_191636.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Solidarity to everyone struggling with sickness and sleep. This week Iā€™ve been so unwell Iā€™ve taken 3 days off during peak peak peak everything which is so bad but I just couldnā€™t do it, I did a full day yesterday and by some miracle got everything that absolutely needed doing done, but that left me so exhausted I nearly had a PA before bed because I was just too tired to process my normal levels of anxiety thoughts!

Have had an incredibly rare if not my first post baby solo Saturday day trip (gallery, lunch, market nothing wild šŸ’ƒšŸ»šŸŖ©) planned for months now and not loving the idea of going whilst this tired/runned down šŸ„² but also donā€™t want to cancel it so will probably end up having a PA there too. Sorry for the me rail essay but solidarity winter bug sleep deprived fraus, we will mither through this together āœŠšŸ»

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Sleep is off the scale (morning, afternoon, evening or night) and dreams are ultra-vivid since I re-set my days (again) and took responsibility for my drinking and took ownership of my excuses for drinking (again), I'm really proud, but can't tell anyone in real life as they'd be shocked at the extent of it

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Wankiness incoming alert!

I am a big World Cup person. This year it's been weird for all the obvious reasons, but today when Ecuador scored, the Ecuadorians who live opposite me šŸ”ŗļø ran out on their balcony to have a vuvuzela celebration, and it was just a really nice moment to see so much joy, you know?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Ah I love the world cup. My daughter was conceived in Japan 2002 . Not at a match. On her 18th I got her a tin of sapporo lager .
Sleep issues are rubbish, good luck to you all

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I thought I wasn't excited about the world cup this time. I was wrong! Watched a lot of the matches, really enjoying seeing different nations playing.

Friday night snacks.
Just popped to Tesco for wine and got duck & pancakes for Ā£1.15! Very pleased with this. The cat is hoping there will be leftovers. She has been here over 5 years and hasn't learnt that I don't share food!

I'm still fatigued from methotrexate, and had a cold since September. So solidarity with everyone else who is tired or sniffly.

Got my thermals, neck buff and wool socks at the ready for my bike ride tomorrow. If I get up sharpish will miss the rain and get to nap through the afternoon football with the cat.

• Heart
tilly says thank you for all the attention, cos she loves attention really. and I've just sung "there are worse things i could do" to her for you, @MaineCoonMama

20221125_193400.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Awww @kachoochoo those eyes! Thank you for showing off Tilly to us!

Thinking of Grease, I read that theyā€™re making a tv series prequel called, ā€œRise Of The Pink Ladiesā€.

On topic, I like these, 89p from Lidl, and vegan. It kiiind of looks like pet food, but maybe thatā€™s not a bad thing round here?

9640D2E9-106E-4798-BC0C-EF9B6FDFA61D.jpeg

(that drawing is meant to be a moon, not a sad banana)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Iā€™ve come bearing complaints only lol sorry but itā€™s only 10pm and Iā€™ve resorted to sleeping in the playroom purely cos itā€™s the least scary room to spend the night alone in. Husband has hyped toddler up when she stirred for some brain dead reason and I canā€™t do another night of continually broken sleep. I canā€™t think about the ghosts that must also be in this room rn - hopefully they just think Iā€™m one of them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Iā€™ve come bearing complaints only lol sorry but itā€™s only 10pm and Iā€™ve resorted to sleeping in the playroom purely cos itā€™s the least scary room to spend the night alone in. Husband has hyped toddler up when she stirred for some brain dead reason and I canā€™t do another night of continually broken sleep. I canā€™t think about the ghosts that must also be in this room rn - hopefully they just think Iā€™m one of them.
Just watched the Ghislaine Maxwell thing on Netflix. Fuming. Think about Jeffrey and Ghislaine. Real life ghouls.

Seriously though, sorry itā€™s spooky. I grew up in a very isolated, very old house (1700 in parts) and I was terrified at times. Curling into a tight ball and making yourself small used to work.

We got nightsnacks from big Tesco which was deserted and then made a risky decision to go to IKEA. The A1 is being dug up for the millionth time this century, this time until 2025 or something ridiculous so any time the traffic may be light we take a punt. We also canā€™t figure out the new CAZ in Newcastle. The local websites say private cars are OK but the government site says our petrol car will be charged. WFK. Anyway we have until January until we are WARNED not to go into Newcastle anymore.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just watched the Ghislaine Maxwell thing on Netflix. Fuming. Think about Jeffrey and Ghislaine. Real life ghouls.

Seriously though, sorry itā€™s spooky. I grew up in a very isolated, very old house (1700 in parts) and I was terrified at times. Curling into a tight ball and making yourself small used to work.
Is this a new one? I feel like thereā€™s a LOT of content about them on Netflix, is this the one with the shady socialite who made a dig about GMā€™s chin? That was the best one Iā€™ve seen I think? GM was such a weirdo she could have gone off and lived a Paris Hilton style party girl life but she chose to be truly scary and horrific instead? Is she in prison in the UK or US? That must be a shocker for her.

And v similar here. Funnily this room is actually old af hence the ghost fear but itā€™s cute and child like now so I can pretend itā€™s fine. When we were endlessly looking at houses we visited one that just gave me goosebumps from the off it was so creepy - it was my fav by far (moreso than this one!) but not remotely realistic cos Iā€™d be too scared to sleep there alone and me + toddler spend lots of time alone lol. But the EA was doing too much when he found out I was scared he was like oh no I come here all the time alone! In the dark! Just swing by after work! Even into the cellar hehe! Oh aye hun bet u run back to ur car and darenā€™t look back tho!! šŸƒā€ā™‚ļøšŸƒā€ā™‚ļøšŸƒā€ā™‚ļø

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

We got nightsnacks from big Tesco which was deserted and then made a risky decision to go to IKEA. The A1 is being dug up for the millionth time this century, this time until 2025 or something ridiculous so any time the traffic may be light we take a punt. We also canā€™t figure out the new CAZ in Newcastle. The local websites say private cars are OK but the government site says our petrol car will be charged. WFK. Anyway we have until January until we are WARNED not to go into Newcastle anymore.
No Clark Kent then? šŸ˜Ÿ

• Sad
Reactions: 12
This has taken me straight back to toddler years when my heavy-handed OH would bang the loo door off its hinges every night at 11.30pm after I'd spent my lovely evening hours getting the toddler to sleep, it would immediately wake her up and I'd spend another hour re-settling her while he took a luxury spectator-free tit, then (gently) berate me for still being up at 1am when I needed to be up for work at 7 the next morning.
There is a reason they torture people with sleep deprivation, it's the worst. Set the ghosts on him x

• Heart
  • Sad
A) no Clark Kent. One person was buying 20 porridge pots.

B) I watched one on Now a year ago I think. That was a series and better than this one which had Lady Victoria Hervey (who is looking ok considering). Sheā€™s in the US system and got 20 years. Another programme that was good that I watched at the same time was the documentary (now a film) about Robert Durst. The relationship between Durst and the filmmaker was the thing that made it tbh.

C) I used to babysit in an equally isolated old house and it was awful. I used to sit in the kitchen with all the lights on and occasionally pace the ground floor. 10 minutes down a track (where I cracked the sump), then another 10 to my house on a dark road with barely any catā€™s eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sending peace, sleep and strength to all having a difficult week. ā¤

All this talk of ghosts reminds me of something I haven't thought about in years. We moved into a bigger house from a flat when I was small, the previous owner was an old lady. Naturally I convinced myself that she'd died in the house, for added horror. It had wallpaper from decades before and still had some of her pictures up. I was laying in bed feeling a bit scared on one of the first few nights when I saw a golden light in a halo appear around a picture of the Virgin Mary on the wall. No sleeping happened that night...I got my parents to take the picture down and literally years later I realised it was a light in the neighbour's house shining though a stained glass panel in the hallway onto that spot! šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
This has taken me straight back to toddler years when my heavy-handed OH would bang the loo door off its hinges every night at 11.30pm after I'd spent my lovely evening hours getting the toddler to sleep, it would immediately wake her up and I'd spend another hour re-settling her while he took a luxury spectator-free tit, then (gently) berate me for still being up at 1am when I needed to be up for work at 7 the next morning.
There is a reason they torture people with sleep deprivation, it's the worst. Set the ghosts on him x
Thank you for this, this is the perfect description so itā€™s so reassuring to hear šŸ™šŸ» even down to the berating - I got asked why I went downstairs last night as if itā€™s for fun! I just wanted to check up on the spirit world unearthing itself in the kitchen babe x fingers crossed itā€™s not Satan x

As much as some of the references to ghosts are tongue in cheek I defs believe in something but more like vibes/energy than proper ghosts? I felt it in our old house a lot where the owner before us had died then my dadā€™s ghost came to visit once we had the baby but also 100% open to the v realistic probability that these are my MH problems projecting ghostly energies onto perfectly normal situations lol.

Tunnel Iā€™m so jealous of your late night IKEA trip - did you actually make it there tho / what did you get?!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thank you for this, this is the perfect description so itā€™s so reassuring to hear šŸ™šŸ» even down to the berating - I got asked why I went downstairs last night as if itā€™s for fun! I just wanted to check up on the spirit world unearthing itself in the kitchen babe x fingers crossed itā€™s not Satan x

As much as some of the references to ghosts are tongue in cheek I defs believe in something but more like vibes/energy than proper ghosts? I felt it in our old house a lot where the owner before us had died then my dadā€™s ghost came to visit once we had the baby but also 100% open to the v realistic probability that these are my MH problems projecting ghostly energies onto perfectly normal situations lol.

Tunnel Iā€™m so jealous of your late night IKEA trip - did you actually make it there tho / what did you get?!
We got some succulents (real not fejkas), a coffee table and fleece blankets for the dog.

We were meant to get a light fitting but realised at the last minute it wasnā€™t just a shade, you needed to be an electrician to fit it so that went back.

Hearing your spectral stories is so interesting- just donā€™t get too scared.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
We got some succulents (real not fejkas), a coffee table and fleece blankets for the dog.

We were meant to get a light fitting but realised at the last minute it wasnā€™t just a shade, you needed to be an electrician to fit it so that went back.

Hearing your spectral stories is so interesting- just donā€™t get too scared.
Their succulents are v good, my sisterā€™s lost 4 leaves from being crushed in the Uber home from IKEA and Iā€™ve successfully propagated them into 4 new plants! You just leave the leaf on some soil and mist occasionally. Their plants are really competitively priced too!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Do you want to know a ghost secret? they literally couldnā€™t give a duck about you being there. Theyā€™re usually trying to ignore you/pretend you donā€™t exist

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.