Food and Drink #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a good deep dive after I finished the series, it's as mysterious as the program itself! Plus, I had a good nose around Westfield, NJ, on Google Streetview! :ROFLMAO: They're all such pretty houses! I'd go full Dennis Reynolds in those type of suburbs though.

I had to laugh every time Bobby C talked about staining the white marble with his amazing red sauce, omfg. Really?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I would have flipped the duck out of that beautiful house by the end of episode 1, regardless of the weird letters, would've noped right out of there with those freaks for neighbours!
Yeah I can’t figure out if the creepy Grant Woods painting brother and sister or the matching tracksuit wearing married couple would have freaked me out more. I think the latter tbh!

The Cut have some fantastic articles. This one is absolutely MINDBLOWING but fascinating. Warning, it’s pretty dark.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Burnt toast fan here, then butter to make it golden, then Marmite on top to make it look burnt again.

Tea, a bit Tio de Janeiro according to the chart attached.

Hope the hospitality improves for you, Sidey. You know you've got virtually round the clock coverage here, any time is frau o'clock.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I like my toast pale and doughy. I basically want a fresh from the oven baguette that's been cut open, shown to the fire and topped with butter, cheese and/or marmite. Toast of dreams.

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm 30 and get offered them with the over 65s but my GP isn't sure why 😂 he doesn't think fibromyalgia would get me on that list so suspects it's mental health related and they didn't want me stuck on a ward? duck knows but that was a long winded way of saying you might be able to call any mental health issues an underlying health condition to book one.
Possibly a clerking error at your GP- the reason I was classed as CEV initially then CV was because of (mild!) childhood asthma according to my GP surgery. Not because I’m actually on two different immunosuppressants 😂 and considering my medical records never followed me from NI to England as they were paper based and no one requested them over, im not even sure how they knew about the asthma!

• Haha
Yeah I can’t figure out if the creepy Grant Woods painting brother and sister or the matching tracksuit wearing married couple would have freaked me out more. I think the latter tbh!

The Cut have some fantastic articles. This one is absolutely MINDBLOWING but fascinating. Warning, it’s pretty dark.
There was a BARpod episode about this a few months ago! Crazy crazy story.

• Heart
@traumatised sideboard Just do whatever you need to do to get through this. There's usually someone online here to vent at.

I second a good Sudoku but have now moved to the killer variety. Each day I do that, Wordle, Globle, Worldle, Quordle to try and keep my brain moving.

Been working since 7. Not my problem, someone else should be doing this. Just been very decadent and ordered wine for delivery to get me through this tedious call...Thank the great internet for such wonders!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@traumatised sideboard Just do whatever you need to do to get through this. There's usually someone online here to vent at.

I second a good Sudoku but have now moved to the killer variety. Each day I do that, Wordle, Globle, Worldle, Quordle to try and keep my brain moving.

Been working since 7. Not my problem, someone else should be doing this. Just been very decadent and ordered wine for delivery to get me through this tedious call...Thank the great internet for such wonders!
Yes!! I can’t remember what makes it killer…? But this is the one I had, I think I paid to get ad free at some point and regret nothing. Currently downloading again 🥰

Attachments

• Heart
Yes!! I can’t remember what makes it killer…? But this is the one I had, I think I paid to get ad free at some point and regret nothing. Currently downloading again 🥰
That is the fellow! Killer means you get a group of cells with a total to obey as well as the usual groups. Once I'd figured there are not many combos for numbers under 6/7 and over 13/14 it was much easier.

Last week there was an "event" where you have 10 days to complete 100 of them for the trophies. I was on leave but on calls where I was required to press the up arrow then return every 5-10 minutes so got through them all in one day. I am thankful for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth headsets so I can roam the house / lie on the sofa when the camera is off!

I was granted early vaccines and my GP thought it was because I had been on methotrexate in the past so could have lung issues or a low immune system. I take mirtazipine - have done for 10 years - but it never occurred to me it could be mental health related.

In injection news, the nurse has decided I have to go into the hospital every week for them. In some ways better, but the hospital is in a stupid place! For the Scouse Fraus to nod along - Broadgreen. Why? Why? You can't park on the site unless you get there about 7am, there are no buses that go that close, the site is huge so you walk for ages from the perimeter. I'll be cycling, no doubt I'll get a few looks of "how can she be ill if she cycled 2 miles to get here" but it'll be quicker and less stressful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
That is the fellow! Killer means you get a group of cells with a total to obey as well as the usual groups. Once I'd figured there are not many combos for numbers under 6/7 and over 13/14 it was much easier.

Last week there was an "event" where you have 10 days to complete 100 of them for the trophies. I was on leave but on calls where I was required to press the up arrow then return every 5-10 minutes so got through them all in one day. I am thankful for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth headsets so I can roam the house / lie on the sofa when the camera is off!

I was granted early vaccines and my GP thought it was because I had been on methotrexate in the past so could have lung issues or a low immune system. I take mirtazipine - have done for 10 years - but it never occurred to me it could be mental health related.

In injection news, the nurse has decided I have to go into the hospital every week for them. In some ways better, but the hospital is in a stupid place! For the Scouse Fraus to nod along - Broadgreen. Why? Why? You can't park on the site unless you get there about 7am, there are no buses that go that close, the site is huge so you walk for ages from the perimeter. I'll be cycling, no doubt I'll get a few looks of "how can she be ill if she cycled 2 miles to get here" but it'll be quicker and less stressful.
Not an option to do them yourself? I do entyvio/ vedolizamab myself. I say myself, MrEm does them. Am a nurse. Cannot bear to even contemplate injecting myself. Others, fine. Me? NOPE. .

• Heart
big hugs traumy s ❤ I am disgusted on your behalf at the non smoking situation 😤. seriously, though, hope your stay's beneficial for you

there is nowt worse than burnt toast. no 3 on my toaster does it a perfect mid-gold

then mr kcc messes with it when he makes toast and does it in 2 bursts of no 1, then leaves it to cool before buttering, the monster

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.