Food and Drink #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mother Sideboard will be round to you with flapjack and bananas, Hotes. Slop update (slopdate if you will) they gave me chilli with rice and peas for lunch by which I mean rice and peas separately. Why? For what reason would you put peas next to chilli? I left Slopbot at home so this can't be his fault. Also I was told they can't get any more vegan meals for a week. Chilli, rice and peas for a WEEK. Send helpos.
There can be only one veggie option :LOL: dunno if chilli all week is better than veggie sausages.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
could you ask for some Doritos from the commissary to make tamales from, dear heart?
I know the food is all pre-made and pre packaged etc but seriously you’d think they could nick a jacket potato from a spare one, just to give you a bit of variety

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Coming to you with another slopdate: jacket potato and baked beans. Also I should start Blanket Watch as I'm now up to four blankets, one of them I'm wearing like a shawl. There are no radiators for me to dramatically rip off the wall so I'm freezing.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Coming to you with another slopdate: jacket potato and baked beans. Also I should start Blanket Watch as I'm now up to four blankets, one of them I'm wearing like a shawl. There are no radiators for me to dramatically rip off the wall so I'm freezing.
I manifested that potato Sidey. Have a lovely evening, go well.
Is mamma sideboard allowed to bring in fluffy slippers and the like, or must you make do with ten thin NHS blankets?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was going to ask if they at least had some potatoes! Hope you've got a big stash of snackos now though.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Radiators were removed from all public buildings after the incident. Or maybe it was to cut down on gas, deffo one or the other, or both.

I hope the blankets are soft, not scratchy, Sidey T

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You could fashion some makeshift slippers from sanitary towels? You could even stick them on to your feet. That won’t cause any concern.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
There can be only one veggie option :LOL: dunno if chilli all week is better than veggie sausages.
I worked in a school once - luckily (for many reasons) on supply so I was only there for a a few days - where I went to the canteen on a Tuesday and asked for the veggie option, only to be told there wouldn't be one until Thursday
confused.png
This was a mainstream secondary with 1000+ pupils, in 2017, not the depths of the 90s when we were all regarded as hippie freaks who crocheted our own granola. The canteen staff were very nice though and managed to make me a cheese and salad sandwich so I wouldn't starve.

(I had to go to the Other Site and smuggle one of their emojis over here, because none of the ones available to me fully communicated the depths of my bemusement.)

• Haha
Is anyone else a fan of Gabriel 'Fluffy' Iglesias? Watching his latest Netflix special and crying with laughter. He's so funny and sweet without being crude or nasty. I just love him. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can't believe I missed Caroline and her hands!! The good chaoses always happen when I'm away.

Mother Sideboard will be round to you with flapjack and bananas, Hotes. Slop update (slopdate if you will) they gave me chilli with rice and peas for lunch by which I mean rice and peas separately. Why? For what reason would you put peas next to chilli? I left Slopbot at home so this can't be his fault. Also I was told they can't get any more vegan meals for a week. Chilli, rice and peas for a WEEK. Send helpos.
Yikes. No one should ever be subjected to that many peas (and I like peas). I'm also sorry to hear about the blanket problem. Maybe someone from The Outside could bring you some big snuggly ones, at least?

Sending you

and some warm

You could fashion some makeshift slippers from sanitary towels? You could even stick them on to your feet. That won’t cause any concern.
''Nothing to see here.'' Can you imagine though? They wouldn't let you out. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It's a shame we can't go to visit the hospital ourselves. Imagine how confused everyone would be when this completely mismatched group turned up bearing fluffy blankets, slippers and vegetarian food, chattering about etymology and sideboards and sometimes shouting TOOT TOOT for no apparent reason.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
It's a shame we can't go to visit the hospital ourselves. Imagine how confused everyone would be when this completely mismatched group turned up bearing fluffy blankets, slippers and vegetarian food, chattering about etymology and sideboards and sometimes shouting TOOT TOOT for no apparent reason.
They'd somehow find beds for all of us 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'd turn up a day late with Cherry Ripes and a pair of Maine Coons in tow. Which could be used as slippers, in a pinch.
This pic is for @traumatised sideboard. I hope it helps keep you warm, Sidey Bear.
9C507526-7453-40A8-83B9-855E120A6F47.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
And an absolute menagerie of doggos and cattos for moral support.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That's a wonderful image. 😂 Feeling a bit sad that we can't go (@traumatised sideboard is probably feeling relief). It would be even better if some of us turned up in costume. What sort of clothes does a mithering ninny wear? Perhaps each of us could represent a different Jack? Or everyone dresses as a different expensive household item - the sideboards, the many freezers. It would take a brave person to go as the Chesterfield sofa.

🎵 The corridors are alive with the sound of TOOT TOOT. 🎶

• Haha
That's a wonderful image. 😂 Feeling a bit sad that we can't go (@traumatised sideboard is probably feeling relief). It would be even better if some of us turned up in costume. What sort of clothes does a mithering ninny wear? Perhaps each of us could represent a different Jack? Or everyone dresses as a different expensive household item - the sideboards, the many freezers. It would take a brave person to go as the Chesterfield sofa.

🎵 The corridors are alive with the sound of TOOT TOOT. 🎶
I think at least two of us would have to go as the Chesterfield sofa, like a pantomime horse.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.