Food and Drink #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hotes you have manifested too many potatoes! My lunch options were jacket potato, mashed potato or sautéed potato and I'm getting Vladverts for hash browns on the MT. Slopdate: I just had a Jamaican veg curry with rice and peas (as in the dish) and peas (the vegetable). Inexplicable peas again. The NHS must be in the pocket of nefarious Big Pea. Curry was alright, texture of rice and both peas was appalling. 5/10.

Edit: thanks Switchy dear heart, I was allowed leave to go for a walk on the hospital grounds with my mum earlier so that made me feel a bit better.
At times like this you have to think "what would Monroe do?"

Could your surplus of peas possibly be repurposed into bean bag filling, if wrapped in a tied up blanket? Now you have an extra seat to count!

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Could your surplus of peas possibly be repurposed into bean bag filling, if wrapped in a tied up blanket? Now you have an extra seat to count!
I fear Monroe would harness the joint powers of peas and potatoes to forge a solid concoction called 'Peatato'. Sliced and eaten using an (ouchy!) knife and toddler spoon. It would be grey in colour. Naturally.

I hope this never happens. Stay on alert, lads, just in case. We've held strong against the Pumble. We shall overcome the two new P-P-Pretenders to the throne.

Ps hope you can have some good tunes on the go there @traumatised sideboard
❤

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Hotes you have manifested too many potatoes! My lunch options were jacket potato, mashed potato or sautéed potato and I'm getting Vladverts for hash browns on the MT. Slopdate: I just had a Jamaican veg curry with rice and peas (as in the dish) and peas (the vegetable). Inexplicable peas again. The NHS must be in the pocket of nefarious Big Pea. Curry was alright, texture of rice and both peas was appalling. 5/10.

Edit: thanks Switchy dear heart, I was allowed leave to go for a walk on the hospital grounds with my mum earlier so that made me feel a bit better.
what potato did you go for? you should start an instagram documenting your meals, I know lots of accounts who did the same in hotel quarantines in various places during covid
Does Rishi have shares in a pea company do we think? :unsure:
Always nice to get a bit of fresh air
❤

I guess this adds another costume option to the meetup as well? What a minefield it is becoming!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Just popping in to say hello and tell you how hard I have been working, I swear my team were all hysterical at one point this week.

Good to see this place is still the most crazy but lovely corner of the internet.

I made my own little chaos this week as I ordered a beautiful expensive Halloween wreath as I have seriously put the hours in. And yeah, delivery is November. So I might be asking Traumy to budge up in that bed and share those peas. I'll wear the wreath as a headdress so you know who I am.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This made me lol.

In Star Wars, Darth Vader was played by one actor, David Prowse, and voiced by another, James Earl Jones. They added the voice in later, but Prowse said all the dialogue at the time, meaning we have clips like this where Vader is an angry Bristolian.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
This made me lol.

In Star Wars, Darth Vader was played by one actor, David Prowse, and voiced by another, James Earl Jones. They added the voice in later, but Prowse said all the dialogue at the time, meaning we have clips like this where Vader is an angry Bristolian.

Oh that's fab "Scottish" 😆

Here's Chewbacca as a grumpy Londoner

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Oh that's fab "Scottish" 😆

Here's Chewbacca as a grumpy Londoner
Haha! I had no idea that was his real voice, and that he used it on set!

The filming of the movies must have been hilarious with Londoner Chewie and West Country Vader going around shouting at everyone, along with Leia‘s “British accent” when she’s angry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Prowse was also overdubbed with r.p. in the Green Cross Man road safety ads 1970s, before regional accents were accepted on tv

(Big Dave, all oak all ear'ole)

• Haha
  • Wow
Sorry to disappoint you @emm but I actually had toast instead of a three way potato feast. I fear the Peatato is closer to reality than we'd like to believe. If the Pumble ever got hold of it we'd be doomed. Peatatumble.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
while jack didn't hold on to her monterey jack name for long, we have committed to the bit

we just picked this up in poundland

20221027_201357.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
while jack didn't hold on to her monterey jack name for long, we have committed to the bit

we just picked this up in poundland

View attachment 1683190
Can you post a review when you've eaten? It's effort for me to go to Poundland and I am lazy so would love to know!

Nice to hear from you TS. I hope the culinary efforts improve soon. All I think about when peas are mentioned is Spitting Image circa 1991 with John Major saying "I like peas, Norma"

• Haha
  • Heart
New thread this way ⬇ Toot Toot!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have achieved a new level of feeling terrible: covid booster + running out of all my medication + burger king giving me food poisoning with my vegan nuggets. It's almost impressive 🤣 send cats

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
The NHS must be in the pocket of nefarious Big Pea.
this is completely true. when I used to work in our main building, every lunchtime everything smelled of peas. apart from fridays, when everything smells of chips

NHS procurement is clearly indebted to Big Pea

hope you're doing ok ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.