Food and Drink #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On etymology, am willing to do an AMA on the grounds of this beauty I got when I was at school.

Pick a word!

Or go random factor and pick a page and I'll do the rest!

Eta I know it looks like an antique relic, it possibly is, but I went to a traditional jolly hockey sticks girls school and these are the books we got and oops, i never returned this one
Egregious please!

Reactions: 9
Well travelled bunch that you are, I've got two days left in New Orleans. Where must I eat?

I've tried Pralines at Loretta's, had boudin, tried beignets at Cafe Du Monde (I know there are better elsewhere but it was my first day 😂).

My budget (and appetite) are quite small so not looking for big fancy meals. I'm not crazy about anything too spicy. Any tips welcome 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well travelled bunch that you are, I've got two days left in New Orleans. Where must I eat?

I've tried Pralines at Loretta's, had boudin, tried beignets at Cafe Du Monde (I know there are better elsewhere but it was my first day 😂).

My budget (and appetite) are quite small so not looking for big fancy meals. I'm not crazy about anything too spicy. Any tips welcome 🙂
The best place I went in New Orleans last time I was there was a little place that had live Zydeco music, next door to our hotel. I'm just going to look up if it's still there...

Edit: I'm conflating two places, Mother's (next to our hotel, we stayed at the Loews) and Mulates, which had the live music. Both recommended!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I'm watching That Man on +1 and I'm enjoying him cooking aubergine that he describes as big, lush and full of flavour tonight given what's on main next 👀🤭

• Haha
I watch SO much youtube, a lot of the korean/japanese channels like this
Agreed on the plabe/train crash thing, I also love the ones about theme park disasters (also , selfishlly, less stressful as I hate theme parks so can never imagine being involved in one
Oh yeah, theme park accidents too! Which has broadened out into listening to* a lot of Defunctland, so now I have quite a bit of random theme park knowledge even though I also hate them. His one called 'the craziest party Walt Disney ever threw' is particularly excellent if anyone is interested in a) wild parties or b) the history of 20th century workers' rights in the United States.

*like @colouredlines I don't have the patience to sit and watch videos, but I take the opposite approach of Iintentionally choosing long video essays and pretending they're podcasts.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m not sure I’m brave enough to join in on the strictly thread tonight/anymore , it’s all got a bit tribal . Think we would have got less rage for suggesting Neil is the most attractive pro 😉
anyone who thinks that needs serious therapy tbh. takes all sorts though!

I still haven't ventured back yet...

as far as youtube goes, I only really watch music videos, old eurovision interval acts and old strictly dances. lisa and brendan's bacofoil showed up for me the other night. man, they don't make em like that anymore :m

• Heart
Reactions: 11
On etymology, am willing to do an AMA on the grounds of this beauty I got when I was at school.

Pick a word!

Or go random factor and pick a page and I'll do the rest!

Eta I know it looks like an antique relic, it possibly is, but I went to a traditional jolly hockey sticks girls school and these are the books we got and oops, i never returned this one
This is fantastic! Are you really Suzy Dent??

Please can I request the word ‘amazing’.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What the hell has gone down on the Strictly thread?! :ROFLMAO:

Sounding like a horror film, and I don't need a sequel after that Bear bloke :sick::sick::sick:

basically, for whatever reason, lots of people really didn't like jayde. I really do. it's still quite tame compared to a lot of tattle threads, thankfully, but I just don't wanna get in a row, so I'm keeping out of it all till it's died down

anyhoo, I'm still processing The Power Of The Doctor. bleeping hell, there was a lot going on there

can't quite decide if the master's musical interlude singing ra ra Rasputin was the best or worst thing I've ever seen

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
basically, for whatever reason, lots of people really didn't like jayde. I really do. it's still quite tame compared to a lot of tattle threads, thankfully, but I just don't wanna get in a row, so I'm keeping out of it all till it's died down

anyhoo, I'm still processing The Power Of The Doctor. bleeping hell, there was a lot going on there

can't quite decide if the master's musical interlude singing ra ra Rasputin was the best or worst thing I've ever seen
I just watched…it could have been good however I feel the execution wasn’t quite there. Cutting to the beat would have solved a lot of the problems, it was totally disjointed. To be fair the Master always has a cheesy musical interlude I recently finished S2 of The Great then watched the last series of Mr Selfridge I’m feeling like Sacha Diwhan lives in my house

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Cheers @kachoochoo for the recap. I'm just a nosy bean.

I've been watching The Watcher on Netflix, it's a weird one. Didn't get good reviews but I found it both intriguing and infuriating. A lot of shouting at the characters for being idiots or bastards by me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I just watched…it could have been good however I feel the execution wasn’t quite there. Cutting to the beat would have solved a lot of the problems, it was totally disjointed. To be fair the Master always has a cheesy musical interlude I recently finished S2 of The Great then watched the last series of Mr Selfridge I’m feeling like Sacha Diwhan lives in my house

your first sentence there, I'm not sure if it refers to jayde or dr who...

as much as I love both shows, they did exhibit issues this weekend. it's like both jayde and karen and chris chibnall lobbed all the kitchen sinks out of the park at the wall

also, sacha is coming to live at *my* house, soz 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.