Food and Drink #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm with Hotes in my anti-lasagne sentiment. In my first year of uni I had a horrendous case of fresher's flu and rather than cook dinner myself I bought a Quorn lasagne. It was minging. That was 2009 and it still haunts me. The only lasagne I will accept is the M&S Plant Kitchen one (fancy!).

What an incredible coincidence @colouredlines I started listening to Do Go On just this afternoon before I saw here you'd recommended it. I found it via the hellsite Reddit looking for something similar to Timesuck but actually funny and more sedate.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Lads I’ve double dropped the covid and flu jabs. Not gonna lie, I feel spongy

Godspeed, dear heart, I had both a week ago and it wasn't pleasant the next day. Massive sinus/temple headache and felt like tit for a good few days.

Hugs (but gently because the Covid one left my arm hurting) xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
who is being offered the covid jab now? Is it only people over 60/with medical conditions? I really want to get both that and the flub jab, even if it makes me feel awful for a day, but at 35 and no underlying conditions it doesn't seem like I can :( I wish they would just do drop in appintments like they did before this is what they are doing in Germany, so many people are now refusing to get the next jabs there must be enoguh to go round and obviously they expire

Reactions: 11
who is being offered the covid jab now? Is it only people over 60/with medical conditions? I really want to get both that and the flub jab, even if it makes me feel awful for a day, but at 35 and no underlying conditions it doesn't seem like I can :(
If you have any contact at all with anyone who's old or has a medical condition which makes them vulnerable, go on the NHS covid jab booking website and answer "yes" to the question about being a carer for someone who's extremely clinically vulnerable.

Reactions: 9
If you have any contact at all with anyone who's old or has a medical condition which makes them vulnerable, go on the NHS covid jab booking website and answer "yes" to the question about being a carer for someone who's extremely clinically vulnerable.
ooh I didn't know this! thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
who is being offered the covid jab now? Is it only people over 60/with medical conditions? I really want to get both that and the flub jab, even if it makes me feel awful for a day, but at 35 and no underlying conditions it doesn't seem like I can :( I wish they would just do drop in appintments like they did before this is what they are doing in Germany, so many people are now refusing to get the next jabs there must be enoguh to go round and obviously they expire
I think unless you've got an underlying condition you'll be waiting a little while for your fourth unfortunately. Although @Witchfinder Sargeant 's advice would work!

I went for my 6th the other day (excessive I know, but I keep getting invited and so just turn up) and the nurse was quite rude when she questioned why I'd had so many. I just looked a bit sad and said "cancer" and she looked a bit awkward 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Good luck Hotes! May the night bring you sleep and let you get over the effects. I had very little issue this time with them.

@emm Yes, I think it's over 60, certain jobs or risky medical conditions. I expect the drop in appts will start once they get to the next groups.

I love watching plane crash type programs. And Insta reels of food, my entire suggestions now are food or bikes. Which is a fair reflection of my interests!

Reactions: 9
They wasn't making anyone wait around afterwards when I had mine. Last time they made you wait like 15 mins to check you didn't react badly, so it's a lot quicker now too.

• Heart
My partner's parents are both extremely clinically vulnerable so it's not exactly a fib, but nobody checked.
mine are both mid 70s, both with heart issues.. I would feel bad lying, but at the same time I am also an EFL teacher and in contact with loads of people every day from all different places.. I might just call my GP and ask for advice

• Heart
Reactions: 12
mine are both mid 70s, both with heart issues.. I would feel bad lying, but at the same time I am also an EFL teacher and in contact with loads of people every day from all different places.. I might just call my GP and ask for advice
To be honest, anyone who needs it as a priority will have already had it so it's not as if you're stealing a dose.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sounds like you meet the criteria to me.

• Heart
as usual thanks to the cabal of awful people on this dreadful site of bullies :ROFLMAO: ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Screenshot_20221024_185228.jpg
It looks radioactive because the person responsible for grating the cheese likes Red Leicester and I'm not moonlighting for the Cheese Police.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
On etymology, am willing to do an AMA on the grounds of this beauty I got when I was at school.

Pick a word!

Or go random factor and pick a page and I'll do the rest!

Eta I know it looks like an antique relic, it possibly is, but I went to a traditional jolly hockey sticks girls school and these are the books we got and oops, i never returned this one

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Can I request:
Random
and
Factor?
Or the next nearest word, please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.