Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Big love to Jenny Numbers, you're always making me owl champagne and I hope shit goes well for you

Angry cat noises are hilarious, my little one makes this irritable 'MYEH' when she wants something and the Ragdoll is starting to try and copy it but he sounds ridiculous.

Here's my welcome committee last night:

eta: Has anyone ordered tea from Bird and Blend before? Found a couple that sound lovely and debating getting some on pay day if the bills don't eat it all. Birthday cake flavour is intriguing.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I love bird and blend tea! I like dozy girl and nearly nirvana

Reactions: 15
https://giphy.com/9d3LQ6TdV2Flo8ODTU

Reactions: 21
I got my daughter a Bird and Blend advent calendar last year as she'd tried several flavours and loved them....well worth it to try some new and original flavours ( they also smell gorgeous!)
love the cattos....I really miss having a fluff ball ( we've had 3 cats over the years and most recently had a beautiful tortoiseshell mother cat with a litter of 6- we kept her runty youngest, however he sadly died and she was run over and I can't bring myself to get any more )

Reactions: 19
Ooh I think I'm going to start dropping hints re: that advent calendar, cheers!

Sorry to hear about the kitten, think I would feel the same, cats are an absolute joy (mostly) but none could replace my fluffy idiots if anything happened.

Reactions: 18
Ooh I think I'm going to start dropping hints re: that advent calendar, cheers!
I keep looking at Bird and Blend tea as well and the advent calendar sounds like a great intro! Was intrigued, as you say, by Birthday Cake but worried it might be too vanilla-ey.

They steal your hearts, don’t they? But maybe one day you’ll be ready and you’ll love the next one just as much just in a different way.

Reactions: 16
Aye it sounds nice but probably have to keep it for special occasions! Really into tea, I stopped drinking for a while in my early 20s and became obsessed with tea but sort of tailed off for a while until now. Got a mind to make a chilli chai blend this weekend, great for colds and all that.

Reactions: 17
Chilli chai sounds amazing! I adore tea but we are mainly a Yorkshire Tea household and I want to expand my horizons.

Reactions: 16
I know you don’t want sympathyo’s Jenny Numbers dearest, so I am softly, gently sending you my love and hoping that you kick that stupid cancer’s arse. Your posts are highly witty and entertaining and you are much loved in this corner of the interwebz. Also sending much love and condolences to another much loved ninny @MancBee, I’m very sorry for your loss.

Reactions: 23
Skimming the MT and saw your post @MancBee, so sorry for your loss
To be honest, it was a release for the poor guy. He was very poorly over the past few years. I know his wife won't feel that way, nor his children. It hurts in a way that can't be described, you learn to live with it, but it never truly goes away...speaking from experience.

I have been to too many funerals of late, it has made me realise that life is for living. Make the most of what you have and enjoy yourself. Life is too short. If you want it, can afford it, get it...whatever it is.

Reactions: 39
Jenny Numbers I SHAN'T send sympathyos since you don't want them but I am glad you joined us in this thread. I don't want to play faves as I love all the frauen but there is nobody else who consistently makes me as much as you so it's great you're in high spirits. Insultbot will forever be trying to achieve the perfection that was quarter-witted gonk on stilts.

Reactions: 22
This is such a beautiful post, thank you.

Reactions: 19
big love and hugs to jenny and manc

i was also going to put something here about a certain corner of twitter, but it all seems so petty now tbh, so i shan't

Sorry for your loss @MancBee - when it’s a mixture of sadness and relief it’s very confusing to the poor heart, but devastating just the same. August has suddenly gone very dark, damp and cold, the news is unendingly depressing and horrible things keep happening to people. I hope we can see some light in the future.

I did after much trepidation watch the Sandman - fan of comics and have not warmed to other Gaiman adaptations so much - but I was very pleasantly surprised. Hope it is renewed. (It’s all about hope and Death and humanity).

Bless you, @MancBee and I'm thinking of you.

Reactions: 17
Jenny, you are so sweet to let us know what’s going on, it can’t have been easy. As you can see, there’s no way we’re skipping this, and we like you a LOT

Going to respect that you don’t want sympathy, and just say I LOVE that you’re surrounded by funny women. Like everyone else, you’ve made me genuinely laugh out loud so many times, and when you’re not bringing the lols you always make me think.

Anyway, it’s great that you’re in good hands. Get those perks Jenny Numbers! We’re all here for you if you want x

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.