Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
side note - even for Australia they are pretty random, how are they only in ONE place?!

Anyone else in the Uk seen this? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eping-homes-summer-heatwave-experts-fear.html

I'm gonna freak a bunch of you out so putting my spider story in spoilers,

I have false widows in my area, and 10/10 recommend one as a house guest. No lie. I had a little darling of one living in the top of my curtains, and she was the best organic pest control a vegan could ask for. This little, fat bottomed spidey took on everything. She kept her webs nice and tidy and clean, and never ventured far from it. I eventually became a scum landlord and evicted her after she wove an egg sac. She was stored safely in a plant pot with her baby sac in a safe place. I'm not that scummy.

I kinda love spiders, they're really interesting and incredible creatures. The eggs with legs stage of their hatching is so bloody weird!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

I have false widows in my area, and 10/10 recommend one as a house guest. No lie. I had a little darling of one living in the top of my curtains, and she was the best organic pest control a vegan could ask for. This little, fat bottomed spidey took on everything. She kept her webs nice and tidy and clean, and never ventured far from it. I eventually became a scum landlord and evicted her after she wove an egg sac. She was stored safely in a plant pot with her baby sac in a safe place. I'm not that scummy.

I kinda love spiders, they're really interesting and incredible creatures. The eggs with legs stage of their hatching is so bloody weird!
a) egg sacs are possibly the worst thing I have ever encountered apart from
b) going to a v remote part of the world for research purposes and walking into a giant web. It didn’t end well. Spider and fellow researchers found it hilarious.

Off to make a conker ring around the entire street.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
a) egg sacs are possibly the worst thing I have ever encountered apart from
b) going to a v remote part of the world for research purposes and walking into a giant web. It didn’t end well. Spider and fellow researchers found it hilarious.
The thought of a spider hooting in the jungle as you flail about in a giant web is the best mental image.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I hope my cats eat them

• Haha
Reactions: 19
to be fair though we all know cats are stronger than dogs * unpopular opinion maybe*

Cats are actual badasses. There's one by me that goes after the foxes. The fluffiest, frou-frou puss you'll ever see, with the heart and mind of Rambo himself.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
like, i don't mind spiders all that much, I'll leave the odd one scuttling about the ceiling and all that. our main complaint this time of year is that they don't earn their keep and eat up the flies like they're meant to

BUT

literally the worst experience of my life was when i pulled a box out from under a kitchen counter in my old flat and it seemed I'd disturbed a nest! 😱😱😱

all the fluffy nest stuff! hundreds of scuttling spiderbabies! angry spider parents! once I'd finished screaming, I'm not ashamed to say the hoover got them. I'm sorry, spider fans. it was all too much

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I watched the first episode of the Sandman this evening. I’m enjoying it. Thought Charles Dance was good.
I finished the bonus episode yesterday, was pleasantly surprised by the whole series! I'm not the biggest Neil Gaiman fan (despite being a lifelong PTerry fan), but I gave it a go and found it a refreshing fantasy adaptation. I've not read the comics, and found the plot never quite went where I expected and the characters weren't too predictable, and the whole thing was an enjoyable watch. The sense of relief might also be because I've just been made to watch the entirety of The Boys by my housemate, which was a grueling endeavour, so Sandman was very light in comparison 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Check out my nightmeat/nightsnacks mashup:
Screenshot_20220823-222427_Gallery.jpg

Sublime.
❤ to MancBee, I was in pink bin city this weekend and thought of you.

• Heart
  • Haha
like, i don't mind spiders all that much, I'll leave the odd one scuttling about the ceiling and all that. our main complaint this time of year is that they don't earn their keep and eat up the flies like they're meant to

BUT

literally the worst experience of my life was when i pulled a box out from under a kitchen counter in my old flat and it seemed I'd disturbed a nest! 😱😱😱

all the fluffy nest stuff! hundreds of scuttling spiderbabies! angry spider parents! once I'd finished screaming, I'm not ashamed to say the hoover got them. I'm sorry, spider fans. it was all too much
This is why I evicted mine, could not deal with this. I like them and all, but at a distance!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
A few days ago Sideboard Cat was hunched intently staring behind my hallway door so I looked and there was a bleeping meaty spider chilling there. I do try to capture and release as many spiders as possible (cos vegan innit) but some of them are beyond redemption so that one is sadly no longer with us. If they're on the ceiling I let them hang out, if they come down to the floor they get an immediate eviction notice. Sideboard Cat does tend to get most of them but (additional spoilering for extra grim) she likes to pull their legs off and roll around in them :sick:

• Haha
A few days ago Sideboard Cat was hunched intently staring behind my hallway door so I looked and there was a bleeping meaty spider chilling there. I do try to capture and release as many spiders as possible (cos vegan innit) but some of them are beyond redemption so that one is sadly no longer with us. If they're on the ceiling I let them hang out, if they come down to the floor they get an immediate eviction notice. Sideboard Cat does tend to get most of them but (additional spoilering for extra grim) she likes to pull their legs off and roll around in them :sick:

I'm hooting as hard as Tunnel Spider hooting in the jungle over 'bleeping meaty spider'. Oh my lord. I'm deceased.

(I have the same rules for spiders, they behave they stay, any strolling about and they're out. )

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.