Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems certain ex-members now have a campaign to ruin this thread too.

They think some of us are “obsequious nonentities” and bowing down to some higher power. Others are “smart, funny and insightful”. Oh, how I wish to be the latter. My life would have turned out so differently.

😶

It’s a bleeping forum. You are on a bleeping social media platform endlessly searching for and interacting with sock accounts.

Why don’t you go and look at a picture of Jupiter on another thread and then you might feel like the nonentity that I obviously am?

Apologies for early morning rant.
Saw that last night, was unimpressed. 🙄

I see that another ex-Tattler has gone over to the dark side - the one who thinks we should all be ashamed of using the word grunk, based on something from the third page of search results on UrbanDictionary. By that criteria, we should never use any words ever. 🤷🏼‍♀️

BTW one of those ex-Tattlers once accused some random Twitter account of being me (based on the fact that we both said Kiwifarms was worse than Tattle or something equally absurd). I saw this several months later, and was just bemused. It did make me take everything that account says with a huge pinch of salt.

I have zero interest in getting into Jack-related Twitter drama. I don't care if idiots want to send her money. I don't want to cancel her, I just want to laugh at slop.

@jenny2603 that sucks. Never quite sure what to say when it's cancer, as get well soon feels incredibly trite. I hope the hospital food improves, and that you don't end up in the same support group as Janey Godley.

@BubbleDuck I see Cooper liking posts on Cattle Life. Is he allowed to participate or, like @Jack_M, is he banned? 🤔

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Just a wee Me-rail. Feel free to skip.

I've not been sure how to do this but I felt I was kind of ignoring people who were sending good wishes about my sudden trip to the hospital and was a bit torn between being a rude dick and not wanting to bring the mood down. I've been unwell for a couple of months but was in the dark about the cause. I thought it was a bad back- a really crippling bad back but after getting various tests and my liver suddenly going insane last week we've learned that I have breast cancer. The excellent news is it's very highly treatable with hormones and a bit of chemo! I'm getting fitted for a free wig and everything and there is a spa in the hospital! I feel like I've entered a world of secret perks and am in really good spirits so no sympathios for me please. The staff and other patients here are lovely and I never thought I'd spend so much time laughing on a cancer ward of all places but here we all are- some of the women on the ward are so funny it actually hurts laughing. The last couple of months have been a terrible worry with not knowing what was wrong and whilst I admit cancer really wasn't my first choice I'm so glad I have an explanation and a plan for treatment. Hooting at Tattle is really keeping my spirits up and I could kiss Molly for her timing. Unfortunately I am beginning to fear Jack might have triangulated me and infiltrated the hospital kitchens as the food is getting worse so I may need some sturdy Scottish frauen to bust me out at some stage- the Jenny Numbers show has many seasons yet to to run and I'm not having bloody Jack take me out with a spiked slop before my bloody wig arrives. SH1TTER that she is.
Just want to send love and wish you the strength of a pescatarian bodybuilder …… 😘 Really, I don’t know what to say but couldn’t skip over this 😘🙏💪

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I had the most disappointing burrito last night so I pledge not to bring you one of them, Jenny Numbers.

I am still in the vicinity of Camelot and was wondering whether to pop over this morning to see what I can see, but don't fancy going by myself. In the rain. In my new trainers.

Who has time in their lives for all that? Keeping up with the threads is a full time job in itself. I'd rather clean my skirting boards than expend any energy on para parasocial activity. And I haven't cleaned my skirting boards in a very long time.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jenny, just shout when you need busting out of there and I'll bring the ladies down to create a mammoth distraction. Badger running amok in a hospital reception should do the trick.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Dearest Jenny, I've been where you are and it's somewhere no one would have chosen to be but the love and support I found there was incredible and continues to inspire me 5+ cancer-free years later, so I hope the same for you. Meals were NHS standard but the hospital shop in our cancer centre had a much better (& slightly cheaper) selection of sweets and snacks, which was comforting, and if there's a Maggie's they do good coffee as well as advice. I still have a Chanel lipstick from my Look Good Feel Better Maggie's goody bag!
There is a sign pointing towards Maggies! I shall be strolling along for my Jack style 77 lipsticks. The staff are absolutely amazing here and I've managed to rustle up some fresh fruit so it could be a lot worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

I've not been sure how to do this but I felt I was kind of ignoring people who were sending good wishes about my sudden trip to the hospital and was a bit torn between being a rude dick and not wanting to bring the mood down. I've been unwell for a couple of months but was in the dark about the cause. I thought it was a bad back- a really crippling bad back but after getting various tests and my liver suddenly going insane last week we've learned that I have breast cancer. The excellent news is it's very highly treatable with hormones and a bit of chemo! I'm getting fitted for a free wig and everything and there is a spa in the hospital! I feel like I've entered a world of secret perks and am in really good spirits so no sympathios for me please. The staff and other patients here are lovely and I never thought I'd spend so much time laughing on a cancer ward of all places but here we all are- some of the women on the ward are so funny it actually hurts laughing. The last couple of months have been a terrible worry with not knowing what was wrong and whilst I admit cancer really wasn't my first choice I'm so glad I have an explanation and a plan for treatment. Hooting at Tattle is really keeping my spirits up and I could kiss Molly for her timing. Unfortunately I am beginning to fear Jack might have triangulated me and infiltrated the hospital kitchens as the food is getting worse so I may need some sturdy Scottish frauen to bust me out at some stage- the Jenny Numbers show has many seasons yet to to run and I'm not having bloody Jack take me out with a spiked slop before my bloody wig arrives. SH1TTER that she is.
I'm very glad you've got a diagnosis, albeit a fairly crappy one. The feeling strange and not knowing if you're poorly or overreacting is not nice at all.

Some things I learnt from my time as a patient: for any further hospital stays is to make sure you take your own pillows (and probably blankets), and definitely have ear plugs because those places are NOISY. If something feels wrong with the way you're being treated (for example a doctor or a nurse is a bit weird with you), don't be afraid to tell someone. Make sure you always take your anti-sickness medicine. It may make you constipated but it is so much better than throwing up (ondanestron is the OG). 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh Jenny numbers you wonderful funny thing. I am sorry to read your news dearheart ❤

I have a family member going through the same thing at the moment so my heart is with you truly. Feel free to share as much or as little as you want, you will have endless support and love in this little corner of the internet xx

• Heart
Reactions: 25

No sympathios here but lots of love❤

Controversial but I hate biscoff. I can only occasionally attempt those biscuits. Cinnamon, cinnamon everywhere.
I mean, you’re obviously wrong but this thread is the happiest and most harmonious place I know (odd considering we’re all supposed to be evil trolls) so I’m going to respectfully accept your opinion. While knowing that you’re wrong and that when we all get to heaven we’ll be bathing in Biscoff spread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Cancer sucks but praise beans for treatment plans, wigs and spas. I hope the food improves again and your keep your spirits up. Share as much or as little as you feel, so many are with you or have been there and wishing all the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Sending hoops of love rinsed of their sympathyo sauce Jenny numbers ❤

( I put love hoops at first but that sounded a bit like I was going to send you nudes and I’m not that kind of duck 😉!)

I’m presuming the wig you will be getting is a proper realistic one but if you want to take this hair reset opportunity to experiment with different hair styles and colours etc, Shein and amazon often have cheap synthetic wigs and YouTube has lots of resources on how to make cheap wigs look more expensive ( hairline/parting plucking mainly😂 although getting the right shade of foundation for scalp helps too )
❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
On wigs - Instagram’s algorithm recently showed me a lady who has alopecia so has started a wig journey and she recommends this headband that has a parting section on it for realism put also her wig does not come off even with the leaf blower to the face, or in the pool - this was during some Instagram scrolling when I really considered what else I should do with my time.

Hairlossgirlboss on Instagram

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Glad to hear you have a good treatment plan in place and I hope all goes well. I’ll send you a leg of lamb and some prawns xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 13.19.00.png

Update: CROSS.

Sorry about the awful photo quality, I was trying so hard to zoom and get it before he moved.

Lots of love, Jenny Numbers ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
@jenny2603 obviously not great being ill but as others have said, always good to get a diagnosis and know what the next steps are. Always makes me grateful to live in a country with a national health service, I cannot imagine how stressful having a diagnosis is and then on top of everything worrying about the financial aspect of it

@OwlRightsReserved that photo is great, weirdly looks like it is a CGI background or something :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
A friend of mine is looking for a cat to adopt there in the UK and just sent me this. Albus, you are TOO CUTE!!!
F3E74602-DB51-4F81-8AF0-AE1B87863181.jpeg

and ❤❤❤😂😂😂

91EE006E-8C0F-4118-ACCE-EC96F29CBFDE.jpeg

Dearest Jenny Numbers, just say the word and I’ll whip up a gosh darn tootin fine Georgia Church suppers spread, fly from Atlanta to Dordrecht, make my way to the coast, don my black leotard, softly gently swim to the MOD beach with said supper in a 1980s school cookery basket on my back, then send it hurtling up to Scotland where it belongs, just like Claire Beauchamp Randall Fraser.

Edit: cropped the screenshots a bit as they were taking up a lot of room

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
@jenny2603 obviously not great being ill but as others have said, always good to get a diagnosis and know what the next steps are. Always makes me grateful to live in a country with a national health service, I cannot imagine how stressful having a diagnosis is and then on top of everything worrying about the financial aspect of it

@OwlRightsReserved that photo is great, weirdly looks like it is a CGI background or something :ROFLMAO:
I wish it were CGI, it's just the crappy bit next to the garage that I've been putting off sorting "until next spring" for approx. 10 years. 😂

Does he have a moany miaow to match his face? :ROFLMAO:

I love this grumpy bum so much!
He loves to yell. Sounds like a baby in distress when he does it. When he's happy he does lovely little chirrup noises until he realises that I've noticed he's happy and then he reverts to his born-in-a-bin fury.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
View attachment 1521398

Update: CROSS.

Sorry about the awful photo quality, I was trying so hard to zoom and get it before he moved.

Lots of love, Jenny Numbers ♥
I REALLY love the markings on his face. He looks like he’s wearing a little Biggles-style flying helmet with cutouts for his ears, and should have a tiny pair of flying goggles to pop on too whenever he fancies the zoomies. 🐱 ✈ ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.