Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cat life is life. Thank you ❤
There is a comedian called Jake Farrell who’s show “ Sky” features a dog (called sky ) and at the start of his set he joked about how he sought legal advice to see if he could name the dog on stage , and that he found out you can’t legally libel a dog 😂. So I can only assume that the same rule applies to cats and therefore I’m safe from lawsuits 😉😉😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
There is a comedian called Jake Farrell who’s show “ Sky” features a dog (called sky ) and at the start of his set he joked about how he sought legal advice to see if he could name the dog on stage , and that he found out you can’t legally libel a dog 😂. So I can only assume that the same rule applies to cats and therefore I’m safe from lawsuits 😉😉😉
This is fact-a-day-Saturday level of fact. FACT.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just googled that and one of the top searches was 'If someone kills your dog can you kill them'. Made me chuckle.

ETA one of the ways I keep a vague sense of control with our dogs is threatening legal action. That and feeding them to the (non existent) alsatian down the road or making them into sausages.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just a wee Me-rail. Feel free to skip.

I've not been sure how to do this but I felt I was kind of ignoring people who were sending good wishes about my sudden trip to the hospital and was a bit torn between being a rude dick and not wanting to bring the mood down. I've been unwell for a couple of months but was in the dark about the cause. I thought it was a bad back- a really crippling bad back but after getting various tests and my liver suddenly going insane last week we've learned that I have breast cancer. The excellent news is it's very highly treatable with hormones and a bit of chemo! I'm getting fitted for a free wig and everything and there is a spa in the hospital! I feel like I've entered a world of secret perks and am in really good spirits so no sympathios for me please. The staff and other patients here are lovely and I never thought I'd spend so much time laughing on a cancer ward of all places but here we all are- some of the women on the ward are so funny it actually hurts laughing. The last couple of months have been a terrible worry with not knowing what was wrong and whilst I admit cancer really wasn't my first choice I'm so glad I have an explanation and a plan for treatment. Hooting at Tattle is really keeping my spirits up and I could kiss Molly for her timing. Unfortunately I am beginning to fear Jack might have triangulated me and infiltrated the hospital kitchens as the food is getting worse so I may need some sturdy Scottish frauen to bust me out at some stage- the Jenny Numbers show has many seasons yet to to run and I'm not having bloody Jack take me out with a spiked slop before my bloody wig arrives. SH1TTER that she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

I've not been sure how to do this but I felt I was kind of ignoring people who were sending good wishes about my sudden trip to the hospital and was a bit torn between being a rude dick and not wanting to bring the mood down. I've been unwell for a couple of months but was in the dark about the cause. I thought it was a bad back- a really crippling bad back but after getting various tests and my liver suddenly going insane last week we've learned that I have breast cancer. The excellent news is it's very highly treatable with hormones and a bit of chemo! I'm getting fitted for a free wig and everything and there is a spa in the hospital! I feel like I've entered a world of secret perks and am in really good spirits so no sympathios for me please. The staff and other patients here are lovely and I never thought I'd spend so much time laughing on a cancer ward of all places but here we all are- some of the women on the ward are so funny it actually hurts laughing. The last couple of months have been a terrible worry with not knowing what was wrong and whilst I admit cancer really wasn't my first choice I'm so glad I have an explanation and a plan for treatment. Hooting at Tattle is really keeping my spirits up and I could kiss Molly for her timing. Unfortunately I am beginning to fear Jack might have triangulated me and infiltrated the hospital kitchens as the food is getting worse so I may need some sturdy Scottish frauen to bust me out at some stage- the Jenny Numbers show has many seasons yet to to run and I'm not having bloody Jack take me out with a spiked slop before my bloody wig arrives. SH1TTER that she is.
Ah, I'm glad you're feeling ok. I know you don't want love-os but you're getting them anyway. Might take a while as it's coming from the upside down. Have a big virtual hug like this one ⬇

A4EF1505-F6FE-4D68-927A-5812F14C5ACB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Oh pish. As if we'd skip past. Honestly 🙄. I'm pleased you have a diagnosis, even if it is a scary one, and you have a treatment plan. I've not had cancer but we have a very high incidence of cancer in my family. It's always better when you have a plan, especially if you've known something is wrong in your body, but don't know what. I'm down south but will gladly send food packages to avoid any sloppos 🙂.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Ah, I'm glad you're feeling ok. I know you don't want love-os but you're getting them anyway. Might take a while as it's coming from the upside down. Have a big virtual hug like this one ⬇

View attachment 1520494
Mon the cattos. I've been reading up on therapets that do hospital visits. After this morning's spa revelation I am now more certain than ever there is a menagerie in this place and I intend to find it.

• Heart

Oh Jenny, your posts always make me laugh, I adore your sense of humour ❤ You are loved ❤

(Making me hoot is quite the feat too since I'm a grown up Wednesday Addams, as in right miserable bastard, no lie.)

• Heart
Reactions: 28

You say you don't want sympathios, so how about wig inspiration-os?
Screenshot_20220823-014447.png

Glad you know what's wrong and have a plan ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh Jenny, your posts always make me laugh, I adore your sense of humour ❤ You are loved ❤

(Making me hoot is quite the feat too since I'm a grown up Wednesday Addams, as in right miserable bastard, no lie.)
I'm quoting myself like a ninny to say I'm not laughing at this particular post. Just in case you thought I really was being a bastard xxxx

• Heart
  • Haha
Been working on a thing, taken time because of my full time tattle habit etc etc.
This is amazing. Thank you so much. Got them all down to a T.

@jenny2603 if you don’t want sympathyoes, how about slightly less bad foodoes? Baked potatoes in the microwave? Water porridge? Seriously though, glad you are in the right place ❤.

I would send a picture of Tunnel dog to cheer you up but a) it is dark and b) she is borking in her sleep ( 😏).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Mon the cattos. I've been reading up on therapets that do hospital visits. After this morning's spa revelation I am now more certain than ever there is a menagerie in this place and I intend to find it.
Oh god. There will be a gorgeous smiley golden retriever, I'm sure of it. Find and take pics after cuddles.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Lots of love to you @jenny2603 🤍 my mum actually beat breast cancer a couple of months ago, the advancement in treatment is incredible.

In terms of the MT, I love the drama and I’m very glad that Jack is finally getting questioned, but I do find it weird and quite frankly, pretty cheeky that it’s all receipts from here.
I could do without the random ignorant views on gender from some of the newer members, but hopefully they’ll get bored and leave it be 🤷🏻‍♀️

I just want to apologise for my involvement in all things Wang, I had no idea about his past offences and I’m sorry if I upset anyone.

@Valiofthedolls that’s really weird because my dad got hit in the face with chimpanzee poo at that very zoo 😂 he held a very deep rooted personal grudge against all primates from then until his dying day.

Back to insomnia fuelled grunking 👍🏼

• Heart

Dearest Jenny, I've been where you are and it's somewhere no one would have chosen to be but the love and support I found there was incredible and continues to inspire me 5+ cancer-free years later, so I hope the same for you. Meals were NHS standard but the hospital shop in our cancer centre had a much better (& slightly cheaper) selection of sweets and snacks, which was comforting, and if there's a Maggie's they do good coffee as well as advice. I still have a Chanel lipstick from my Look Good Feel Better Maggie's goody bag!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It seems certain ex-members now have a campaign to ruin this thread too.

They think some of us are “obsequious nonentities” and bowing down to some higher power. Others are “smart, funny and insightful”. Oh, how I wish to be the latter. My life would have turned out so differently.

😶

It’s a bleeping forum. You are on a bleeping social media platform endlessly searching for and interacting with sock accounts.

Why don’t you go and look at a picture of Jupiter on another thread and then you might feel like the nonentity that I obviously am?

Apologies for early morning rant.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Soppy MCM incoming...I've said before this thread is like a big hug from a dear friend, it's so true. It's an escape from the crap of everyday life where I can find facts, animals, laughs, support and and weird sense of friendship from a bunch of actual faceless ninnies.
For someone like me whose friends are mostly OS and interstate and is stuck at home with just my cats and husband for company it's a blessing to be able to have you guyses around.

*clears throat

Now gently, softly duck off. All of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Soppy MCM incoming...I've said before this thread is like a big hug from a dear friend, it's so true. It's an escape from the crap of everyday life where I can find facts, animals, laughs, support and and weird sense of friendship from a bunch of actual faceless ninnies.
For someone like me whose friends are mostly OS and interstate and is stuck at home with just my cats and husband for company it's a blessing to be able to have you guyses around.

*clears throat

Now gently, softly duck off. All of you.

It really is a lovely little bubble.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.