Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Semi related
I love a cute spider face - I do. As a picture. But the legs, and the running directly at me - just no! We are not room mates spider bud. Outside the house, I live and let live, but in my house, no mercy.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
@Vanelope

I'm answering your sleepy chat here so we don't get told off for derailing.

I'm honestly use to it at this point. I was diagnosed with infantile insomnia when I was around one year old, and it's always been my norm. There's pics of me as baby with those neuro caps on, like bloody Eleven on Stranger Things :ROFLMAO: I definitely feel tired and will get grouchy about it, I'm an absolute horror if something wakes me up unexpectedly, but generally use to it. I keep 'clean sleep habits' with routines and smells that help me drift off. I kinda love being awake in the middle of the night when the world is quiet and dark.

It was making me laugh when the MT was saying about no one could have insomnia on Mirtazapine, yeah, I do, and I take Olanzapine too! My brain is proper funky, anaesthetics don't even work on me unless you want to stop my heart with a super high dose. They give me Fentanyl and pretty much distract me.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@Vanelope

I'm answering your sleepy chat here so we don't get told off for derailing.

I'm honestly use to it at this point. I was diagnosed with infantile insomnia when I was around one year old, and it's always been my norm. There's pics of me as baby with those neuro caps on, like bloody Eleven on Stranger Things :ROFLMAO: I definitely feel tired and will get grouchy about it, I'm an absolute horror if something wakes me up unexpectedly, but generally use to it. I keep 'clean sleep habits' with routines and smells that help me drift off. I kinda love being awake in the middle of the night when the world is quiet and dark.

It was making me laugh when the MT was saying about no one could have insomnia on Mirtazapine, yeah, I do, and I take Olanzapine too! My brain is proper funky, anaesthetics don't even work on me unless you want to stop my heart with a super high dose. They give me Fentanyl and pretty much distract me.
Wow - brains are amazing. Thank you for answering. I had no idea children could get insomnia!

• Heart
Oh my. This is high quality snackage. Runs off to Google if they deliver to NW England.
I bought them in Chorley yesterday. They are the best pork scratchings I've had in ages. And I eat a lot (low carb frau).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wow - brains are amazing. Thank you for answering. I had no idea children could get insomnia!
I was premature and they really thought I had some sort of brain damage, would just lie in my cot, staring off into space instead of sleeping. I was apparently tested for everything, like epilepsy etc. Nope. My brain just doesn't switch off. I still don't sleep and stare off into space nearly 40 years later!

There is a fatal form of insomnia which I'm convinced I have, no one will confirm this, which only makes my suspicions grow.....:LOL: It's a faulty gene, I have all the precursors, and it takes you out by never letting you sleep until your brain kamikaze's itself. Someone lasted 3 months living that. Kind of terrifies me.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
“Vali cat, do a cute but slightly crazy impression of an angler fish”
A8C5D18E-48F9-4CEB-9DAD-4EE26C1AC598.jpeg

(I have no idea what he was doing here)

I got bitten by a spider here when I was in my 20s, a Brown Recluse. It bit me on the leg while I was in bed one night, it must have been caught in my pyjamas or sheets or something. I was SUPER lucky as a friend recognized it as a spider bite reaction-I thought it was a mozzie bite. I ended up having to take tablets that knocked me on my butt for a bit, but better that than a big necrosed chunk out of my leg for evermore! I still really like spiders though, especially those nice big chunky ones in the autumn in the UK

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
ok, so I actually went on the friendly spider course at London Zoo because we wanted kids and I didn’t want to be a wreck around them and ruin their lives about spiders. I and several dozen other arachnophobics talked to spider jugglers, got hypnotized, had to chase proper big spiders around plastic tubs, catch one safely and i even held a tarantula. (A roomful of arachnophobes audibly awwwwwd when they brought her out she was so fluffy and cute). I don’t know if it is a cure, but I can cope with them enough to deal. We are not friends, but I can eject them from the house - unless they are BIG. So Vali my love you are always welcome to come and take those September bad boys out of my gaff.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
re the cattoes are badasses bit, ive just spent ages trying to find a pic of the late henry from that time we watched him chase an actual badger down the lane in broad daylight 😮

sadly, i cannot locate it. but please have this bonus pic of the late old man a couple of years ago, here pictured with his little sister, squigs (the smuggest kitty), and a portion of mr kcc's leg

20220823_232705.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Hello there tender ones!
I spotted this article earlier and it’s awesome, I also assumed that the park had closed many years before and I’m confused!

This guy does a lot of cool derelict tours of the north and midlands, would definitely recommend.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Aye it sounds nice but probably have to keep it for special occasions! Really into tea, I stopped drinking for a while in my early 20s and became obsessed with tea but sort of tailed off for a while until now. Got a mind to make a chilli chai blend this weekend, great for colds and all that.
Oh my gosh Bird and Blend is amazing!
I’m more of a coffee person (sorry) but they do excellent tea.
The salted caramel lebkuchen is my favourite, I love their Mermaid matcha too (but I know it’s a marmite situation).
Has anyone been to Hebden tea company in York?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello there tender ones!
I spotted this article earlier and it’s awesome, I also assumed that the park had closed many years before and I’m confused!

This guy does a lot of cool derelict tours of the north and midlands, would definitely recommend.
That’s really interesting. While it’s sad to see these places closed, it’s fascinating to see them derelict like that. There’s one right outside New Orleans that was hammered by Katrina and never reopened (it was built on a swamp in the first place which wasn’t the wisest move). Parts of Jurassic World were filmed there. It’s now full of wild boars moccasins and gators too

There’s a doc about it on Amazon prime called Closed for Storm we watched recently. Not a GREAT doc but interesting of that makes any sense whatsoever! Just over an or so hour long

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Very sorry to hear of your news @MancBee , hopefully your friend no longer being in pain will bring some comfort to those who loved him, albeit not right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't like to shatter the Quokka cuteness. But don't they throw their babies out of their pouches at predators as distraction to save themselves?! Don't have nightmares about that 😬.

I am chief spider removal operative here. On account of Mr B being savaged by a house spider at some point in his distant past. He wasn't, he's always lived in the UK. No one is allowed to know this 🤭. He's a big, gnarly old bastard 😂.

Weirdly, rommie rescue dogs HATE all creepy crawlies and flying things. They stalk, catch, play and pull them apart like cats do. So that's always an option!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
That’s really interesting. While it’s sad to see these places closed, it’s fascinating to see them derelict like that. There’s one right outside New Orleans that was hammered by Katrina and never reopened (it was built on a swamp in the first place which wasn’t the wisest move). Parts of Jurassic World were filmed there. It’s now full of wild boars moccasins and gators too

There’s a doc about it on Amazon prime called Closed for Storm we watched recently. Not a GREAT doc but interesting of that makes any sense whatsoever! Just over an or so hour long
That is fascinating! The fact that it was so new and had to be abandoned.
I have to say, when you mentioned gators I panicked because, for some completely unknown reason I’m terrified of alligators and crocodiles 🤷🏻‍♀️ Phobias are a weird thing.
Bit it must have been such a devastating part of US history and I feel like I should know more about it. Especially since half of my family were of Cajun origin but I didn’t get a chance to know them.

Sorry just late night musings! But I love this thread 🤍

It’s not directly related, but have you seen Cropsey? It’s not the most informative doc but definitely worth a watch.

• Heart
That is fascinating! The fact that it was so new and had to be abandoned.
I have to say, when you mentioned gators I panicked because, for some completely unknown reason I’m terrified of alligators and crocodiles 🤷🏻‍♀️ Phobias are a weird thing.
Bit it must have been such a devastating part of US history and I feel like I should know more about it. Especially since half of my family were of Cajun origin but I didn’t get a chance to know them.

Sorry just late night musings! But I love this thread 🤍

It’s not directly related, but have you seen Cropsey? It’s not the most informative doc but definitely worth a watch.
I think a fear of alligators and crocodiles is perfectly normal. These things are hard wired into our brains as a survival instinct.

• Heart
Just to say thank you to everyone spoilering the spider chat. I am a ninny of the highest order but I'm v phobic; about to be 50 and they still make me cry and shout at my husband until he destroys them. My horrible children used to play tricks with the rubber ones you get around Halloween time.

Also, hello to the upside down frauen, or just other non-sleepers tonight. It's cold here, which usually leads to a good night's sleep for me, but I am just so awake.

• Heart
I made the mistake of having a coffee at about 5 pm because I wanted to stay awake for to watch a livestream at 11. Which normally wouldn’t be an issue but since it was my first caffeine ( aside from what’s in chocolate) in a couple of weeks, I have a feeling it’s going to have me up all night 😂🤦‍♀️

I thought I was going to be watching Wang wrestling tonight but it turned out Phil Wang was a commentator and not a contender, so no skin tight Lycra reminiscent of his taskmaster days . Disappointing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I can't have spiders in my flat. Just no way no how. I have an old stick hoover (half price product test thingy) that was poop for hoovering floors but is a wonderful spider catcher. I'm too scared to get close to them so I go in with the hoover and whack it straight on turbo mode. Straight up in there.

I'm also too scared to empty it (plus they can survive for up to two weeks in there) so I get my boyfriend to do the do when he visits 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
When the web thing happened a person I was with (who thought it was funny) had a fear of maggots. She was terrified of them landing on her.

I couldn’t understand because spiders move bleeping fast and run at you like devils but you can flick maggots away.

She said maggots indicate rot.

Phobias are so interesting.

(And we come back to trypophobia)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.