Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know they’re basic but miffed that calippo aren’t on the list! Can’t beat an orange one on a hot day and the drips are self contained!! Morrisons Rocket lollies are good too.

Had an email this week where my manager noted he’d ‘snarfed’ something alongside his lunch - gave me major ick vibes as it reminded me of JM 🤢.

Realise it’s super lazy put I simply bought two bags of ice from the supermarket - we had the space in the freezer and felt it would be quicker than the one ice cube tray we have. It’s a silicone but so hard to get the ice out it seems counter productive. Might look into those JL ice cube trays someone mentioned. My dad used to keep a Tupperware in the freezer with ice cubes - they since have a fancy plumbed in American style that does ice and crushed ice.
love calippos! do they still do the red ones? I haven't seen them in ages, I love the coke ones

Reactions: 9
Has anybody fallen into watching an 'odd' (for want of a better word) tv program? Something a bit niche or left of field, but kept on watching?

Reactions: 11
Has anybody fallen into watching an 'odd' (for want of a better word) tv program? Something a bit niche or left of field, but kept on watching?
how odd are we talking ? I find myself going through stages of binge watching random stuff like extreme couponers , and going into a rabbit hole of googling their life stories/where are they now . Or watching car related stuff even though I have absolutely no interest in cars 😂🤦‍♀️

I can’t find any ice cube bags but I did find a stash of mr freeze ice pops in a cupboard I had forgotten about. They are however 4 years past there best by date , so I’ve folded a bunch in half , jammed them in between the ice build up and mystery foods, and hoped for the best 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
how odd are we talking ? I find myself going through stages of binge watching random stuff like extreme couponers , and going into a rabbit hole of googling their life stories/where are they now . Or watching car related stuff even though I have absolutely no interest in cars 😂🤦‍♀️

I can’t find any ice cube bags but I did find a stash of mr freeze ice pops in a cupboard I had forgotten about. They are however 4 years past there best by date , so I’ve folded a bunch in half , jammed them in between the ice build up and mystery foods, and hoped for the best 😂
LOVE extreme couponers, I don't know why, especially when all the stuff they buy is tit, like gatorade and crackers most of the time, and I also feel awful for the checkout staff :ROFLMAO: I watch laods of random mukbang stuff, and then google the menus they got the food from to see what I would eat (usually nothing as it is junk food I don't like :ROFLMAO:)
I also love this youtube channel about a mortician https://www.youtube.com/c/AskAMortician

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I seemed to watching secrets of the underground, I have no idea how or why it started, but I do realise it is odd.

I am also partial to the bad skin clinic, but somehow feel that is less odd.

• Heart
I’ve just read your message @moglits I’m truly sorry for your loss ❤
I don’t know if this will be a comfort to you but I’ve seen this poem shared quite a few times
88ED09B4-899E-4B2F-8510-FD09F5543F55.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15

According to trolley Wilco’s bags are cheapest £1.75 for 20

Reactions: 7
I seemed to watching secrets of the underground, I have no idea how or why it started, but I do realise it is odd.

ooh, I love secrets of the underground! helps that tim dunn is 🤤 too

architecture the railways built is good too, abandoned engineering... I can have stuff like that on in the background for hours

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Secrets of the underground sounds right up my street! I’m fascinated with the history of train networks and underground trains and stations, but I’d never heard of this, so thank you for mentioning it.

• Heart
Antipodean frauen can have a warm treat instead but my weather app is now saying it's going to be 37 degrees here on Monday and 36 on Tuesday so I'm definitely going for the frozen option. I'm really starting to worry about Sideboard Cat overheating as she can't take her fur coat off and refuses to let me help her. I also have an (or perhaps not) irrational fear about my lighter exploding in my pocket.

Abandoned Engineering is the one. I don't like how they try and make it dramatic though. There was one I watched about an American ship full of tanks that had sunk near Ireland and the narrator was like 'but what could a ship full of American tanks be doing off the coast of Ireland?!' as if the second world war is a thing nobody's ever heard of.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Antipodean frauen can have a warm treat instead but my weather app is now saying it's going to be 37 degrees here on Monday and 36 on Tuesday so I'm definitely going for the frozen option. I'm really starting to worry about Sideboard Cat overheating as she can't take her fur coat off and refuses to let me help her. I also have an (or perhaps not) irrational fear about my lighter exploding in my pocket.

Abandoned Engineering is the one. I don't like how they try and make it dramatic though. There was one I watched about an American ship full of tanks that had sunk near Ireland and the narrator was like 'but what could a ship full of American tanks be doing off the coast of Ireland?!' as if the second world war is a thing nobody's ever heard of.

it's nearly always the war, isn't it? "what's this huge abandoned secret bunker doing in the Austrian forest?? it was the nazis what done it!" I love it though

forecast 38 now for tuesday here - hottest I'll ever have been in. I always worry about my lighter too. I keep it in an empty packet till there's space in the new packet, which at least keeps it out of sunlight

• Wow
Pip pip, Cabal!

not posted for a while, as eldest is having MH issues which we’re dealing with together. Very thankful for our family unit right now. If nothing else, we can talk to each other openly and without judgment (unless anyone goes anywhere near my bleeping spicy sausage that I’ve hidden in the veg compartment in the fridge. Honestly, it should be safe 😂).

@moglits I was so incredibly sorry and touched to hear about your loss. You gave your dog the best life and were there at the end, and they’ll be waiting over the rainbow bridge for you, along with my gorgeous old moggy x

PS I’m rather liking the weather, but I’m a tropical Herr 👍🏿 - I’ve stood my site staff down for the next 3 days. Far too hot and I’ll still honour their pay. They’re way too valuable to lose and I’m in a reasonably fortunate position. Someone came good for me when I was apprenticing, so the least I can do is pay it forward, as cheesy as it sounds.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

You must be up country, we are forecast 100f!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Huge congratulations!! I have so much respect and love for nurses after receiving such good care in hospital. Even if your future patients may not always say it, they appreciate you ♥ (p.s you should try and get a job on the🔺 haematology wards at UCLH as that's where all my faves are 😉)
Ha! How random. I was just there this week. They were lovely and sent my pregnant self away with lots of blood thinning injections (eep). Which is scary but at least they are thorough and likely saving my life 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 17
BBC now saying this for me on Monday (and Tuesday):

1657992330768.png

I'm going to the shop tomorrow to get some sun cream for the first time in my adult life. I'm reasonably dark skinned for a white guy, but 39 is pushing it a bit.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Pip pip, Cabal!

not posted for a while, as eldest is having MH issues which we’re dealing with together. Very thankful for our family unit right now. If nothing else, we can talk to each other openly and without judgment (unless anyone goes anywhere near my bleeping spicy sausage that I’ve hidden in the veg compartment in the fridge. Honestly, it should be safe 😂).

@moglits I was so incredibly sorry and touched to hear about your loss. You gave your dog the best life and were there at the end, and they’ll be waiting over the rainbow bridge for you, along with my gorgeous old moggy x

PS I’m rather liking the weather, but I’m a tropical Herr 👍🏿 - I’ve stood my site staff down for the next 3 days. Far too hot and I’ll still honour their pay. They’re way too valuable to lose and I’m in a reasonably fortunate position. Someone came good for me when I was apprenticing, so the least I can do is pay it forward, as cheesy as it sounds.
Good to hear from you, Billy! This may come across a bit corny, but it's honestly great that your family are all working together to support your eldest. That can make all the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Good to hear from you, Billy! This may come across a bit corny, but it's honestly great that your family are all working together to support your eldest. That can make all the difference.
Not corny at all, and I thank you so much for the sentiment. It’s very much appreciated x

BBC now saying this for me on Monday (and Tuesday):

View attachment 1421995

I'm going to the shop tomorrow to get some sun cream for the first time in my adult life. I'm reasonably dark skinned for a white guy, but 39 is pushing it a bit.
Yep, I’m fine as I’m very very dark skinned, but my kids are mixed race (Mrs. B is a v fair redhead), so they get plastered in factor 50. Can recommend P20 factor 50 spray if you have kids who need one application. It’s no good for children with very sensitive skin tho

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.