Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done, that's brilliant news and so well earnt. The Canal are so proud. Treat yourself to a big old ice lolly!

If anyone wants to get into an argument go on the SimplePolitics Instagram page and they have done a poll (love a poll) to rank ice creams and ice lollies.

We were not impressed with their number one. We then argued about feasts - Mrs T remembered them to be shite. I didn’t.

However, the post did jog my memory of the sky ice cream. Pointless item. Google it and memories of sadness will resurface.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If anyone wants to get into an argument go on the SimplePolitics Instagram page and they have done a poll (love a poll) to rank ice creams and ice lollies.

We were not impressed with their number one. We then argued about feasts - Mrs T remembered them to be shite. I didn’t.

However, the post did jog my memory of the sky ice cream. Pointless item. Google it and memories of sadness will resurface.
I went Googling to try and find picture, but instead found… a poem?

1E983037-5724-4EFB-A552-31B5CF641050.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
We used to get an ice cream here in the early 90s called Dude Food. For some reason (possibly the song 'Don't Call Me Dude' by the metal band Scatterbrain) it was really popular with metal heads. Nothing beats a Gaytime for ice cream heaven, even the manliest of men isn't scared to buy and eat one in public.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I went Googling to try and find picture, but instead found… a poem?

View attachment 1420308
Pretty accurate description particularly the crystal maze bit.

Apart from the delicious bit obviously. They were just boring. Snickers all the way.

Oh, M and S have these coconut ones that are like bounty ice creams. Food of the gods. I was clawing at their freezer section the other day because they were out of stock. I suppose licking the door would have been worse. They have snicker ones too. But with thicker chocolate, nicer ice cream and more nuts. If m and s could anything they would stop giving me free jazz apples and start giving me free ice cream bars.

• Haha
Huge congrats @EllaEm87 🎉🎉🎉 I hope you're celebrating with your little gremlins.

I didn't even consider a launch party Sidey B! We should all get our favourite frozen treats and have a nice collective lie down. Feasts were bangin, I dunno what Mrs T is on about. I got some Morrisons free from strawberry cones as a compromise because Cornettos were too far away to yomp but it's not the same.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Huge congrats @EllaEm87 🎉🎉🎉 I hope you're celebrating with your little gremlins.

I didn't even consider a launch party Sidey B! We should all get our favourite frozen treats and have a nice collective lie down. Feasts were bangin, I dunno what Mrs T is on about. I got some Morrisons free from strawberry cones as a compromise because Cornettos were too far away to yomp but it's not the same.
Apparently the middle bit of chocolate was greasy.

Okay. Like you GAS? It’s chocolate covered in ice cream and then chocolate, just enjoy it.

The poll included nobbly bobblys.

Hands up who honestly remembered them?

• Haha

I might have a warm treat instead if it's all the the same to the Canal. It's really cold here. For context I'm wearing pyjamas plus a hoodie covered with a giant dressing gown and socks with Aldi crocs. Even talking about ice cream is making me chilly.

• Heart
Slightly off topic for the MT but Krish Mate was brilliant on the Last Leg.

Congratulations to you @EllaEm87. May you never never encounter my narc sibling in Devon! You have such a great career ahead of you making a difference to people every day. Unlike we corporate IT idiots.

Even this was not anonymous, no-one needs a pic of me. See if you can spot which one of us had a hard week at the laptop and who chased a fly for a few minutes then got tired / bored.

IMG20220715172919.jpg

Going to crack out the American 64oz insulated "mug" for the weekend & Monday. By lucky coincidence, it takes one full bottle of wine and a full tray of John Lewis deep tray ice cubes. These are (forgive me) God tier ice cubes and I have 4 trays for rotation.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Okay. Like you GAS? It’s chocolate covered in ice cream and then chocolate, just enjoy it.

I want to try and remember this without looking it up. Were nobbly bobbles the ones that had a clown face, and a little bubblegum ball at the bottom of the cone?

@traumatised sideboard Ice party it is! Good thinking 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Feasts are yummy but the chocolate middle is a little strange, and always falls off the stick. I don't think I had a nobbly bobbly in my yoof but you can get them in a multi pack with fabs (borings) and toffee crumbles in Tesco's...the sprinkles get EVERYWHERE though. I wish you could get Zapps easier cos you only seem to be able to get them from the ice cream van at a rip off price of £2.50 🥲

• Heart
Sounds suspiciously like what we called a Bubble O'Bill..but the bubblegum was his nose.
Oh that might be it! Whatever it was, I was never allowed them because I might have accidentally swallowed the bubblegum! 😂

For warm drinks for a cold frau, the best I ever had was this Spanish hot chocolate that a friend brought me. It was like a bar of chocolate, and you just break a bit off and melt it in a pan with milk and whisk it a bit - heavenly.

• Heart
I like a good old mini milk. Or a pear picking porky from Dale Farm, which sadly aren’t sold in England I don’t think!

• Heart
Look what arrived 2 days early!
View attachment 1420271
that's the good tit, right there

(LOVE the photoshop btw ❤)

nobbly bobblys still exist. they are mr kcc's choice at an ice cream van and there's a lidl version. never had one myself, are they a bit like the gloriousness that is a feast?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Joining everyone in congratulating @EllaEm87. That's a great achievement, well done!

Don't know if UK Frauen can get this at your Lidl, but it is the best:

helado-de-pistacho-con-doble-cobertura-de-lidl0-1647688327_m.jpg

Sadly my Lidl is on the other side of the city, 3km walk away, so I can't get home with the icecream intact in summer. Boo...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I might have a warm treat instead if it's all the the same to the Canal. It's really cold here. For context I'm wearing pyjamas plus a hoodie covered with a giant dressing gown and socks with Aldi crocs. Even talking about ice cream is making me chilly.
Sending you hot chocolateos (and a little mallow with a bare bum!) to warm you up, chilly MCM
36636316-285D-4551-8F0D-70E1FF85AA4B.gif

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.