Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry! Tunnel cat was ill. I think neighbourcat is lacking interaction.

Foot. Mouth.
No it's ok! Lurker Cat is old (I think, she's a rescue and I've only had her a few years) and tbh it's something useful to look out for. I tried rubbing her down with a damp tea towel and she was distinctly unimpressed 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We've not had hot hot weather today (I'm currently on the sofa with a blanket :oops:) but it feels like it's fixing to thunder. I'm not sure if it's the high pressure or what but I feel like I'm brewing a migraine and/or a big cry. Send emergency crispos.
We had that a few weeks ago, and it lasted for days. I was wandering around with a throbbing headache waiting for the storm to break.

Our heatwave is now predicted to last into August. Send SPF 50os.

• Heart
No it's ok! Lurker Cat is old (I think, she's a rescue and I've only had her a few years) and tbh it's something useful to look out for. I tried rubbing her down with a damp tea towel and she was distinctly unimpressed 🤣
I was going to say, if I tried to bring anything damp anywhere near my rescue cat she’d scalp me 😅 I think I’m going to try @MaineCoonMama’s trick but my cat will only stand on wet towels if she thinks it was her idea.
I haven’t introduced her yet!
71B85938-FF05-44F3-A3D9-54776F808ABC.jpeg

5A9AB826-0696-4A14-92A5-77E3D9371872.jpeg

C6EF57E5-0567-45BA-863A-67D736A43079.jpeg

F6A4FA4D-65EB-4575-8344-A3E8081BCA37.jpeg
This is Daphne! She a British shorthair and her breeder got rid of her because she has a little dimple in her nose, which meant that she got silver pedigree not gold 🙄
When I got her she was about one and a half and had been kept in a cage her whole life.
She’s calmed down a lot recently after I got Cece (I think she feels safer with a younger cat around).
Vets have told me before that she has ‘the most pathetic nose they’ve ever seen’ and she snores and sniffles a lot but it doesn’t seem to bother her. Another vet called her ‘damaged goods’ which I got angry about.
But she’s a very happy cat and rules the house! Her absolute favourite treats are chips (she doesn’t get them often but tries to bat them out your hand😂) and anything creamy/buttery/cheesy.
She’s got so much sass 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 31
daphne is so cute!

tried a frozen towel on Madame bear today, which she’s usually ok with but she acted like I was rubbing manure on her

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I was going to say, if I tried to bring anything damp anywhere near my rescue cat she’d scalp me 😅 I think I’m going to try @MaineCoonMama’s trick but my cat will only stand on wet towels if she thinks it was her idea.
View attachment 1424599
View attachment 1424601
View attachment 1424603
View attachment 1424637This is Daphne! She a British shorthair and her breeder got rid of her because she has a little dimple in her nose, which meant that she got silver pedigree not gold 🙄
When I got her she was about one and a half and had been kept in a cage her whole life.
She’s calmed down a lot recently after I got Cece (I think she feels safer with a younger cat around).
Vets have told me before that she has ‘the most pathetic nose they’ve ever seen’ and she snores and sniffles a lot but it doesn’t seem to bother her. Another vet called her ‘damaged goods’ which I got angry about.
But she’s a very happy cat and rules the house! Her absolute favourite treats are chips (she doesn’t get them often but tries to bat them out your hand😂) and anything creamy/buttery/cheesy.
She’s got so much sass 🤍
Daphne is a beauty! I am pretty sure Lurker Cat is a British Shorthair mix because she has the classic squashed face, she sneezes a lot too - often right in my face which is delightful. How rude of that vet to call her damaged!!

• Heart
Years ago, I had a cat who used to go out in the rain, get soaked, come in and jump all over you, yelling, until you rubbed him down with a towel. He would then go out again

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Daphne is a beauty! I am pretty sure Lurker Cat is a British Shorthair mix because she has the classic squashed face, she sneezes a lot too - often right in my face which is delightful. How rude of that vet to call her damaged!!
Oh yeah, Daph has been known to sneeze in your face and it’s very wet 😂
My mum stayed over the over week and she got woken up by Daphne drinking out of her glass of water then doing a very wet sneeze right in my mum’s face lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 19
View attachment 1424599
View attachment 1424601
View attachment 1424603
View attachment 1424637This is Daphne! She a British shorthair and her breeder got rid of her because she has a little dimple in her nose, which meant that she got silver pedigree not gold 🙄
She’s got so much sass 🤍
Daphne you are fabulous 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We had that a few weeks ago, and it lasted for days. I was wandering around with a throbbing headache waiting for the storm to break.

Our heatwave is now predicted to last into August. Send SPF 50os.
Ugh, that's wretched. I'm hoping it breaks here tonight so I can get some sleep. Heatwave into August sounds a lot tho, blimey!

Years ago, I had a cat who used to go out in the rain, get soaked, come in and jump all over you, yelling, until you rubbed him down with a towel. He would then go out again
One of mine loves loves loves to play with water, to the point where he’ll get soaked, and the other one regularly jumps into the shower when me or OH are in there and just sits hanging out in the water (as we contort into a tiny corner to wash to avoid getting any soap on him)

Daphne is GORGEOUS! ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
One of mine used to come back soaked through on dry days, we worked out that he was going into the Clyde because he started bringing back water voles the absolute hole.

• Wow
  • Haha
Thank you, that’s really helpful. We do have a blameless fan (completed it, mate 😉🤣), but he doesn’t like the feel of it on his skin, even when it’s not anywhere near him 🙄 Brilliant advice on the wicking clothes, I’ll look into that. Mrs B (who says hello!) is also looking into bamboo clothing as that’s meant to be cooler??

Quoting myself like a twit because a blameless fan is actually quite amusing 😂
Blameless fan 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
IMG_7732.jpg

Poor little Jupiter kitten cannot deal with this heat, taken out by a weed, he snoozes.

(A kittens for sale sign is now up in the window of the kittens house, so tempted.)

• Heart
In response to the car stuff, Lurker Cat has taken to lying on the floor looking sorry for herself...I'm going to hope that's cos of the heat and not because she's about to kick the bucket 😺
Ah my girl has been flopping herself around all over the place. She tries to make herself as long and stretched out as she can, looks like a draught excluder 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I got a 2:1 today and have been put forward to join the NMC register. Fraus, I’m a real nurse 🥰
Congratulations, and great happiness to you! What a terrific achievement. You sound so proud of your profession - and by extension, be proud of yourself x

Oh that might be it! Whatever it was, I was never allowed them because I might have accidentally swallowed the bubblegum! 😂

For warm drinks for a cold frau, the best I ever had was this Spanish hot chocolate that a friend brought me. It was like a bar of chocolate, and you just break a bit off and melt it in a pan with milk and whisk it a bit - heavenly.
We have this celebrity cook/chef, Donna Hay. She peaked or skyrocketed into fame and wealth in the late 90s. My friends and I met her just before her first book launch (she was so excited) so we always act like she's our best friend. Donna Hay (unlike some slebs, she's always spoken of with both her names) did the choc bar in hot milk and, honestly, it was EVERYWHERE for three winters. People would set up little "hot chocolate" buffets with bowls of honey, nutmeg, different types of chocolate etc, and cinnamon sticks for stirring.

It's only just occurred to me what wankers we were. Snigger. It was so fun

Eta: PS my hot chocolate buffet was set up on my round, worm farm, with a cloth thrown over. I'm really laughing now

View attachment 1424599
View attachment 1424601
View attachment 1424603
She’s got so much sass 🤍
She is beautiful, I love her and please, Daphne, accept a treat chip

Last edited:
  • Heart
I got my 44 year old boisterous brother to have a dig around at my parents’ house in Wales and take some pics, and I have a little treat for you, Sidey B! Also to be enjoyed by any/all the other hot and cold fraus, though sadly it is not a Willy Wonka-style magical cooling and heating ice lolly

Spoilering so I don’t clog up the thread
Omg Vali! Thank you, and thank you to your brother too!! This is so lovely to see! Reading it now reminds me of how magical it all seemed when I first read it 🤩

And it still holds up well today, it really is such a sweet thing to make for a child.

Ugh, thank you both! Its been like reading a nostalgic bedtime story! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.