Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just had little possum on the porch this morning eating the leftover cat food!

Apologies for the blurry pics, I had to run to the other end of the house to get my phone so was rushing before IT LEFT. (First pic is full-on through the window bug screen BTW, I’m not living in some high security criminal facility)

F656104A-69AD-472B-8B0C-027E6129007E.jpeg

169CDDC3-6811-42C4-9CF6-0FDC41771729.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
How did your interviews go today @Lurkeryaar ?
They were ok I think, thank you!! First one was quite easy/relaxed, second was a bit more intense so I'll have to wait and see. I'd prefer the second one so 🀞ready for a takeaway now as I am very tired - don't recommend two interviews in one day 🀣

• Heart
Reactions: 29
They were ok I think, thank you!! First one was quite easy/relaxed, second was a bit more intense so I'll have to wait and see. I'd prefer the second one so 🀞ready for a takeaway now as I am very tired - don't recommend two interviews in one day 🀣
yay! When will you hear? keeping my fingers crossed for you @Lurkeryaar

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well done for getting through your day!
I really hope you get good news, particularly for the second one 🀞
That takeaway is very well deserved, get it down you!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Two in one day sounds super stressful, well done and enjoy your well deserved takeaway. What will you have?

Hope they let you know soon, and that the second one tells you first πŸ™‚

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think I'll hear back maybe end of next week, the first one would need a second interview too πŸ™„ luckily I like my job now, so if I don't get either it's not the end of the world! (But I will of course be a bit grumpy about it hehe)

If the chippy is open, I'll be getting battered halloumi with chips and curry sauce 😍😍

Thank you all for the kind words!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think I'll hear back maybe end of next week, the first one would need a second interview too πŸ™„ luckily I like my job now, so if I don't get either it's not the end of the world! (But I will of course be a bit grumpy about it hehe)

If the chippy is open, I'll be getting battered halloumi with chips and curry sauce 😍😍

That is god tier takeaway :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

don't forget mushy peas full of vinegar! aka the best thing about the chippy!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Oh nooo 🀒 there was a minimum spend so what a shame I had to get some scampi too πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
you don't like them?! I actually have a tin of them, tempted to have them with the chicken I have made, craving them now :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve just seen the most vile thing in the world
E958949A-9DED-4B8B-BD44-B50EF590BFF8.jpeg

I hope you get it! And that is an excellent takeaway πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ Curry sauce all the way. Although the other week we went to a new place and they put raisins in the curry sauce, considered calling the police.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Just wanted to give a quick update on my friend situ you were all so kind and helpful about last week (seriously thank you so much). I was away for the weekend but had a mull over in my head - I ended up texting her OH and just basically said hoped I wasn't overstepping the mark but I was worried as she seemed off when I saw her and haven't heard since (still haven't) so if there's anything she (or he) needs, to please let me know and I will do anything I can to help. Only sent last night so will see what he says.

On another, lighter note, I was at a wedding, sat by a lovely couple. Got onto the convo of wedding rings, fraus I absolutely πŸ¦‰πŸΎ when the husband said 'I have a rubber wedding ring I wear most of the time because of my job'. 'What job is that?' I asked. 'I'm a tree surgeon' 🀣🀣

Sadly as lovely as he was, he did not fit what I now know to be the stereotype!

Me again! Been googling but getting conflicting information, either it's great or the worst thing ever and can kill them - as just mentioned in the MT my poor pup is struggling with the heat. Has anyone given ice cubes to their dog to crunch in hot weather? I think pup would love it but probably similar to when you google illness symptoms and are immediately diagnosed as terminal there are pages saying it can be dangerous. She has a frozen carrot she is chowing down on (vet said they are good for teething) but thinking of later when it's even hotter...any thoughts? Maybe pop a couple of cubes in her water rather than give her them as a snack?
Have you tried a cool vest ? We got Honey one from pets at home you can keep it damp and it helps keep them from getting too warm.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Have you tried a cool vest ? We got Honey one from pets at home you can keep it damp and it helps keep them from getting too warm.
I give my dog rub downs with a cold wet flannel, she hated it at first, but now rolls over in anticipation. Loves her belly getting a cool rubbing.

She's got a thick undercoat so have to make sure the moisture gets to her skin and she ends up all punky looking.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I am very BUSY at work (probably something to do with the fact I titted about on tattle first thing this morning when I should have been working), so in case I don’t have time beforehand with the time difference, just popping in to say @Emmapism I hope you have a WONDERFUL and mouse free holiday.

Channel your inner (and outer!) fabulousness and go all-in at the airport, or station, or service station, depending on how you’re traveling, and at your destination, and ENJOY!

37BF8015-C9DA-42DD-82D0-9D1DB182C8F0.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Tunnel dog overheats (had a huge scare last week and I thought I was going to lose her). She goes all odd, ignores instructions, runs around in circles, collapses and it takes about 40 mins for her to come back. Vet says it is an inbuilt thing and all we can do is try and prevent it (someone ignored me in the park when I said repeatedly not to throw a ball for her. Eventually I picked her up and stormed off but it was too late)

Anyway, in that horrid situation we wet her paws, tummy, groin, and under her ears with tepid water and only let her drink a bit. However, the latest research shows that it is ok to soak the dog. I wouldn’t do that to her when she is distressed but might have to next week πŸ₯Ί. We also give her very cold cucumber and carrot.

She won’t lie on a cold mat princess that she is.
869841AE-C442-4F6F-906C-C85BD33CD129.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.