Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tunnel dog overheats (had a huge scare last week and I thought I was going to lose her). She goes all odd, ignores instructions, runs around in circles, collapses and it takes about 40 mins for her to come back. Vet says it is an inbuilt thing and all we can do is try and prevent it (someone ignored me in the park when I said repeatedly not to throw a ball for her. Eventually I picked her up and stormed off but it was too late)

Anyway, in that horrid situation we wet her paws, tummy, groin, and under her ears with tepid water and only let her drink a bit. However, the latest research shows that it is ok to soak the dog. I wouldn’t do that to her when she is distressed but might have to next week 🥺. We also give her very cold cucumber and carrot.

She won’t lie on a cold mat princess that she is.
View attachment 1417624
I’m so glad she’s ok. What a worry. Sending cool breezes your way.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Tunnel dog overheats (had a huge scare last week and I thought I was going to lose her). She goes all odd, ignores instructions, runs around in circles, collapses and it takes about 40 mins for her to come back. Vet says it is an inbuilt thing and all we can do is try and prevent it (someone ignored me in the park when I said repeatedly not to throw a ball for her. Eventually I picked her up and stormed off but it was too late)

Anyway, in that horrid situation we wet her paws, tummy, groin, and under her ears with tepid water and only let her drink a bit. However, the latest research shows that it is ok to soak the dog. I wouldn’t do that to her when she is distressed but might have to next week 🥺. We also give her very cold cucumber and carrot.

She won’t lie on a cold mat princess that she is.
View attachment 1417624
I'm glad she's ok! But...you picked her up? She looks quite sturdy and a bit hefty. (Not body shaming 💖)
Ever since I had a bowel resection I haven't been able to pick up more than a few kilos. I can pick Sue up if I'm having a good day but not the boys.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm glad she's ok! But...you picked her up? She looks quite sturdy and a bit hefty. (Not body shaming 💖)
Ever since I had a bowel resection I haven't been able to pick up more than a few kilos. I can pick Sue up if I'm having a good day but not the boys.
That must be so frustrating ❤ There are so many things it’s easy to take for granted.

• Heart
She is 12kg at the moment. Not too heavy. She is a tank but on smol legs.

It must be hard not to pick up the fluff balls. If had your fluff balls nothing would get done. Ever.

🔺There is a cat issue going on here which we are finding sad but it is very 🔺 and related to my neighbour. We just want to scoop them (well one, the more resilient one has sorted himself out it seems) up and cuddle them back to life.

I also want to apologise for not liking or commenting on every post. Last week the Twitter crossover, her ED and constant weight baiting got to me. I thought I was honestly on the mend, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and seeing posts about her losing a stone doesn’t help. In fact, it exacerbates the situation. The problem is, this place is so nice, but when I see a load of spoilered comments, it is just too tempting, I can’t help myself looking and then follows a spiral of disorder.

I don’t what the answer is. I feel so guilty not commenting when you have interviews and mice and crappy times. I just want to ❤. I feel so lost stuck in this cycle. I don’t want to get better for me but I do for Mrs T and for our life if that makes sense. Sorry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Not sure how it’s happened but I have started today with a bit of gastric distress and it’s my day off with the little one. Send babysitteros! Considering whether to risk swimming with her later… :s

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t want to get better for me but I do for Mrs T and for our life if that makes sense. Sorry.
Not sure if this is gonna make much sense but when I first started getting better I didn't do it for me either, I had no interest in it personally so my motivation was external like yours is, but after some time passed I found that I actually wanted to get better as well as I started to have that distance from the behaviour that was so bad for me and I was able to see that it actually wasn't doing me any favours and I could live a better life.

I should say that I am still very much a work in progress and like you, I can't help myself clicking on those spoilered posts, there must be a part of me that likes making me feel bad! I am very grateful that I did start looking after myself and getting better for someone else though because looking back, I can see that I was very close to self-destruction.

Not entirely sure what the point of this post was but I am wishing you all the best x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I haven't been around much either (it was my birthday on Monday which is historically... not a great time for me) but I am reading when I can - please imagine I've been reacting appropriately. <3

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She is 12kg at the moment. Not too heavy. She is a tank but on smol legs.

It must be hard not to pick up the fluff balls. If had your fluff balls nothing would get done. Ever.

🔺There is a cat issue going on here which we are finding sad but it is very 🔺 and related to my neighbour. We just want to scoop them (well one, the more resilient one has sorted himself out it seems) up and cuddle them back to life.

I also want to apologise for not liking or commenting on every post. Last week the Twitter crossover, her ED and constant weight baiting got to me. I thought I was honestly on the mend, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and seeing posts about her losing a stone doesn’t help. In fact, it exacerbates the situation. The problem is, this place is so nice, but when I see a load of spoilered comments, it is just too tempting, I can’t help myself looking and then follows a spiral of disorder.

I don’t what the answer is. I feel so guilty not commenting when you have interviews and mice and crappy times. I just want to ❤. I feel so lost stuck in this cycle. I don’t want to get better for me but I do for Mrs T and for our life if that makes sense. Sorry.
Take care, lovely. I'm not sure I have anything even remotely useful to say, other than that I'm thinking of you and it's wonderful to see your username again ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It sounds like a struggle @Into_the_tunnel She manages to just set so many people's buttons off, with no thought whatsoever. I hope Tunnel dog doesn't scare you like that again.

We had air con put in last year, and the dog became such a head about it. He'd come in, start panting heavily, and then look pointedly at it. He's too cold just now, so we've been letting him sleep inside. Not that he's any good as a guard dog, unless you have flowers. He hates florists. Never, ever gives a tit about any single other person who comes near or on our property, but heaven forbid you're carrying a bouquet, he goes mad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Good evening all. I've read up to date and wish you all a contented day.

Leave the grifters to themselves today and keep cool. Maybe even try to enjoy the heat a little?! Lemon slices in water, a paper straw, a bunch of flowers, sit under a shady tree, watch the moon rise. We're all here in this damn game called life. I say let's make all Fridays good. (Says the woman who fell asleep with the door open last night because WoohCat2 wanted a last minute night run and promised to be back in 5 mins. So at 5.38am I awoke to a 3°Celsius inside temperature. Terrific work, I do not think.)

• Heart
A really good Irish mate of mine out here has recently moved to a small town close to the Mississippi-Louisiana border. The first Aldi in 100s of miles has just opened there and apparently there is UPROAR locally about the trolleys needing a coin and you having to take your own bags or pay for them. Like, people trying to get the council involved to pass ordinances against it level uproar. Anyway, he sent me these reviews last night that I thought you might enjoy.

3B346EF3-6DA0-4309-98D0-23FC5CE518D4.jpeg

F264F893-A9E1-481E-A249-847F0351359B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Thinking of you @Into_the_tunnel. No wise words other than we’re here 💕.

But I am breaking canal rules and bringing Facturday forward:

Crocodiles can’t stick out their tongues 🐊.

And this is believed to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language:
“sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick".

It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose 👃🏼.

• Wow
  • Heart
Thinking of you @Into_the_tunnel. No wise words other than we’re here 💕.

But I am breaking canal rules and bringing Facturday forward:

Crocodiles can’t stick out their tongues 🐊.

And this is believed to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language:
“sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick".

It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose 👃🏼.
I’ll join you in an early facturday, horses 🐎 cannot 🤮

• Wow
Reactions: 17
@Into_the_tunnel

Big hugs. Been there, it sucks, but you can get past it. I was sick for more than half my life. Now I honestly can't remember the last time I slipped up and binged/purged, and that's an amazing feeling.

Recovery is fundamentally an inside job. If you're struggling with intrinsic motivations, it can help to make a list of ways your life will tangibly improve when (not if, when) you are better. This varies so much depending on your lifestyle, the nature of your ED etc, but for me it was things like I will be able to go out for dinner or go away for a weekend with friends without getting anxious about food; I will have more free time to spend on hobbies because I won't be bingeing; I will have more money at the end of the month; I won't pass out from electrolyte imbalance under fluorescent lights and spend the night in hospital again. It can take a while to think of things, but they are there, I'm sure of it.

I found in recovery that if I felt triggered, it was very important to acknowledge that and identify what was triggering me...then if I could, go off and do something distracting/productive (usually go for a walk), and if I couldn't, at least take it as a learning opportunity - OK so today I slipped, how do I avoid that next time?

If you need to take time off from reading the Jack threads, do. I think a lot of us find ourselves needing a break from time to time.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I will also anticipate facturday, so as (cat people )a lot of us probably know, cats don't miaow at each other, they use non verbal things, they do growl/hiss etc but not miaow. Cats have learned to miaow on a pitch that is at the same pitch as a baby's cry, hence humans instinctively respond/react to it. Are cats the best (most manipulative) animal? I would say yes :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
@Into_the_tunnel you don’t need to feel guilty for not replying to everything. I feel I haven’t replied properly to anything for a while but sometimes we’re just not in the head space to type a decent response. I wish I had some helpful advice for you but I do know you have all of us here to ramble at if/when needed ❤

My early facturday fact is the coldest temperature matter can ever be is -273.15°C. I’m hoping this fact will keep us cool as us in the UK go in to this crazy hot weather!

• Wow
  • Heart
Found out indirectly that I didn't get the job that I really quite wanted (my friend's friend got it), oh well 🙄

I did have a lovely day today with my best friend though, so the good outweighs the bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
the turn from a few weeks ago is back on at the pub over the road

I SHAN'T live tattle again, but, imagine if you will, a beautiful summer's evening here, beverage in hand, balcony door wide open and you hear the faint strains of an acoustic sweet home alabama 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.