Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MistyWindows

VIP Member
No it's ok! Lurker Cat is old (I think, she's a rescue and I've only had her a few years) and tbh it's something useful to look out for. I tried rubbing her down with a damp tea towel and she was distinctly unimpressed 🤣
I was going to say, if I tried to bring anything damp anywhere near my rescue cat she’d scalp me 😅 I think I’m going to try @MaineCoonMama’s trick but my cat will only stand on wet towels if she thinks it was her idea.
I haven’t introduced her yet!
71B85938-FF05-44F3-A3D9-54776F808ABC.jpeg

5A9AB826-0696-4A14-92A5-77E3D9371872.jpeg

C6EF57E5-0567-45BA-863A-67D736A43079.jpeg

F6A4FA4D-65EB-4575-8344-A3E8081BCA37.jpeg
This is Daphne! She a British shorthair and her breeder got rid of her because she has a little dimple in her nose, which meant that she got silver pedigree not gold 🙄
When I got her she was about one and a half and had been kept in a cage her whole life.
She’s calmed down a lot recently after I got Cece (I think she feels safer with a younger cat around).
Vets have told me before that she has ‘the most pathetic nose they’ve ever seen’ and she snores and sniffles a lot but it doesn’t seem to bother her. Another vet called her ‘damaged goods’ which I got angry about.
But she’s a very happy cat and rules the house! Her absolute favourite treats are chips (she doesn’t get them often but tries to bat them out your hand😂) and anything creamy/buttery/cheesy.
She’s got so much sass 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 31

kachoochoo

VIP Member
just a normal girl, an innocent girl

20220705_195937.jpg

who left mouse entrails in the hallway in the hour it took us to go to tesco

shy boi who apparently wants his dinner outside
20220705_200714.jpg

he's apparently very ill but has eaten two helpings of dinner
20220705_205241.jpg

camouflage boi

20220705_202641.jpg

• Heart
May I call upon the might of the ninnies today?

I have a job interview this morning for something I really, really want to get.

With the power of the fraus standing shoulder-to-shoulder with me, a mere simple kitten, I would feel able to shine and be the best version of myself.

I'm really nervous, typing this from the bath, unable to read my research notes one more time.

Thankyou
Omg you can do it / you’ve got this! 💪🏻💪🏻 Re reading research notes - it’s like an exam sometimes there’s more value to be had in a break and bit of relaxation beforehand than cramming more in & stressing yourself out. You know your stuff & now it’s just about getting it out there! Let us know how it goes dear heart 🙏🏻✨ Also remember it’s as much about you making sure you like the job, company, and colleagues as it is them assessing you for the role! And make sure you do something lovely for yourself afterwards as it’s a surprisingly high stress event!

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
ETA rereading my previous post I made it seem like everyone needs to end up in a relationship eventually. Just wanted to add that's not true, and being single is not a "holding state" while you wait for a relationship, if you decide to live your life single that's just as equally valid as living in a traditional monogamous relationship, or a poly relationship

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Black bellied whistling ducks (because their bellies are black and they have a fabulous
whistling call 😆) hanging out at my FIL’s. Mum in front and a whole row of gangly growing babies behind- eating the food we put out for the little birds, but we don’t mind cos they’re fab.

730C1D68-8F53-4388-A7FB-08FCFFB21E3D.jpeg
Found a vid of the sound they make if you haven’t heard it!

• Heart
  • Wow

kachoochoo

VIP Member
wish I was her 😔 look at her smug lil face 🥺 😭

(that's my mr kcc's forearm there for the forearm fans! they are indeed excellent forearms!)

20220706_233245.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

EddieBeds

VIP Member
I’ve been to a Royal show 🔺 and saw lots of sheepos….amongst other animalos.

Apologies @Falkor I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to breeds but this one made me think of Badger:

BCC945D2-869E-4FEA-A731-6395A7E4FF17.jpeg

Then there was this sheep….I’m really sorry but it made me think of a cow in terms of its head 🐮🐑

BE176632-0468-4C36-A108-7B57ADBCB675.jpeg

There were so many breeds/varieties of sheep:

30B90EEA-9075-4046-A0E6-A7009610AE2A.jpeg

This one made me think of the sheep from the Usbourne books Farmyard Tales:
06C1BD97-EA10-4627-9017-EE72414C6554.jpeg

The picture does not do justice as to how much of a unit this sheep was.
8B6D6439-2389-42B2-86D1-9C8AAEF74095.jpeg

I love these sheep - behind are some (sorry photo doesn’t show how much) that are so yellow in colour.
A5BB65D7-BA9C-4B52-B6AB-A5309B10D5D5.jpeg

I love the fringes on these two!
23482642-B55F-48F3-A7E2-50DCC6317E57.jpeg

Also pigs…..can we add pigs into the fold? Little Beds imaginatively named this one ‘Grunty’
1CED73C8-1FA0-4C97-94AB-25C0F2B89868.jpeg

• Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Sending paracetamo-os to covid suffering Fraus ❤
I am finally feeling better from mine and now testing negative so I can get back to work and I’ve just seen Boris is finally resigning!

• Heart

Sglodion

Chatty Member
Well I've just been on my first ever school trip. Got assigned to look after a group of twelve year olds I didn't know at all, immediately lost them all in the zoo, got lost myself on the way back to the coach and had to call the trip leader to say I was stuck in a bird enclosure and couldn't find my way out. Luckily it turned out one of the other girls had left her phone in the aquarium and gone back to look for it so it wasn't just me holding everyone up. We all had a fab time and I'm pretty sure we've got as many kids on the coach back as we took out, if not a couple extra 😅 10/10 would do again.

• Haha
  • Wow

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Quite honestly, I never got over my first love. In our 20s we'd joke that we couldn't stay in a relationship but we'd get married in our 50s. We are now in our 50s and still talk almost every day, he's often said he wishes we could move to Tasmania and live next door to one another. He just wants to hang out with Susan really. I'm kidding, but the only other man I'll ever share a house with is my step dad.

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
So I went on my date last night and for all my umm I’m not sure, I enjoyed it. The only thing was they got his food order wrong and he wasn’t going to say anything so I piped up and he looked a bit scared so I thought oh no I shouldn’t of done that, behave Ssw 😬.

• Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Afternoon all 😊
Have been absent from here again, so thought I should pop back in for a bit. No idea what went on in the last thread, but hope you're all ok ❤

I am shattered today and can't seem to muster energy for anything. Have the house to myself apart from a grouchy cat who is not happy that I stopped her from killing a vole. She was extra displeased when I shut her back indoors and took the opportunity to do her wormer spot-on 😂

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Hello everyone, just popping in for a fast grunk before a very early bedtime, to share this lovely sunset at my FIL’s farm, and send hang in thereos and good luckos to those going through tough times/with imminent interviews. I’ll catch up properly tomorrow, goodnight!

EA5DF518-3B24-4750-880C-A07E70322364.jpeg

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
KCC - congratulations!!! Enjoy the happy new engagement feeling and don’t let people’s questions about when/where/how are you going to get married as that’s the most boring part of it all 😂❤
soz, htria, I think you mean jcc

I've been engaged for seven years without a sniff of a wedding date, so I'm sure jay cloth cow will get there before me! 😃

• Haha
  • Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
IMG_7702.jpg

Neighbour's kittens update. This little black one is my fav of the litter. Literally odd one out, all the others are tabby/white mixes. Always looks confused this one. Love 'em.

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Happy adoptaversary beautiful Sideboard Cat 🐈😻🎉 I hope you’re having a lovely day, being very sweet to your owner and having fun with your funny toys!

Also sorry for the double post but

Just want to say @Into_the_tunnel I hope you’re ok. You don’t have to respond or anything, it’s just that I know JM’s words (understandably) got to you the other day.

Thinking of you lovely, and I really hope you’re being kind to yourself.
Thank you❤. Sending the biggest hug xxx

Please don’t reply to this, I really don’t want a derail like before. Her comments were too much and I saw my username mentioned on Twitter and I got really angry. For Silver, for the repeated crossover, for just everything. I had my account set up for deletion but have thought better of it, time away is probably best.

You are all fab. Hugs to those who are finding things hard. JM can moan about Rishmate now ❤.

• Heart
  • Sad