Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

colouredlines

VIP Member
Thank you. ❤ It’s just been a weird few days, exacerbated by the MT. It is also difficult to express oneself without hurting or annoying others- I don’t want to always come across as the “naive one” or the one who continually bangs the same drum.

(Hotes, thinking of you and Traumy S-piddly weights came into the shop- it’s like we are selling stuff for you, obviously not the piddly bit, I mean the weights!)
FWIW I always appreciate your contributions. You come across as a genuinely kind, decent person when you highlight your concerns about Jack, and you're also so very knowledgeable on so many things.

I would tell you to please never think twice before posting, but that would be denying your thoughtful nature, which is one of the reasons your posts are so valuable.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Django

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220704-154402_Instagram.jpg

I saw this today and thought of you lot. Whoever would have thought that a slop slinger from Southend would have brought such a lot of kind, clever, thoughtful, funny and wise ninnies together?

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
I’m taking the merail off the MT - I’m waiting in a clinic for an assessment (boo) but not trusting David Attenborough about walruses reminded me that a long time ago I was in South America observing sea turtles laying eggs at night (as you do - very unethical really as American tourists took flash photos) and said to an Aussie girl ‘this is such a David Attenborough moment’ and she said ‘oh is he your boyfriend?’
tried to explain no but would LOVE THAT so now ever since DA has been in a very small way in my own mind my boyfriend.

• Haha
  • Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone's thoughts whenever subjects like addiction come up. I've mentioned before that I lost my dad to alcoholism, it was a very long and painful journey, and talking about it in real life always felt impossible. It's many years later now, but I'm so grateful to have stumbled upon so many wise, compassionate people. Big hugs to all!

• Heart

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Two interviews tomorrow, please send good luckos fraus 😵💫I'm mostly worried about turning up as a hot sweaty mess and that is not a good look

• Heart

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
I am a very single person, and sometimes it makes me sad but then also I quite enjoy not having to care about someone else. I enjoy the sex bit but it's such a faff having to get to know someone before getting to that stage! I used an app that was for casual flings a little while ago and definitely saw Dean Gaffney trying to pretend it wasn't him. He didn't match me, alas.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

panda_eyes

VIP Member
thank you for this recommendation! I pick flowers on walks to press for crafty thiiiings and sometimes wonder what they are- or just wonder what plants I see are in general!
These are beautiful, I love pressed flowers ❤

Slowly grunking and catching up where I can. Love all the pet and crafty chat - brought knitting with me on holiday as I'm making my mum a cardigan, currently knitting the sleeves which are boring as hell to do. Send motivation-os.

I sympathise with the mice problems, I saw a rat climb up our apple tree towards the bird feeders a few months back and I just can't bear them. My delightful OH nicknamed him Nobby. Thankfully not seen indoors but had to put down poison traps for them, not sure if they can be humanely released? I know the pet ones are supposed to be really intelligent and clean but they just make me feel :sick::sick::sick:.

I'm currently in Scotland having an absolute walrus whale of a time. The weather is a bit cooler than the NE of England which suits me no end. We've been on a whisky tour and tasting this afternoon and now my OH is having a nap.... I got all my samples bottled up to have later. Can't get over how beautiful it is!

Bought myself a Scottish Tintin book because it's bloody amazing.

20220713_115143.jpg

20220713_111210.jpg

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Dearest @Wooh, we can't go over it, we can't go under it, we just have to go through it - and it hurts, every time. There's a Jewish mourning ritual of lighting a special candle that will burn for 24 hours on the anniversary of a loved person's death, and it's one I felt very ambivalent about until someone told me what I should have realised on my own, it's not meant to make you feel better but just gives you a way of sitting with your grief and loss. I've done it for over 30 years now for one of my children and now feel as if it's helped me learn the shape of her loss in my life, which is difficult to put into words, but I can't imagine any other way of carrying it. I wish you long life and strength to carry what you need to.
Wooh, sending you thoughts from the other side of the world.

This is just beautiful-what an eloquent way of expressing the often inexpressible.
❤

• Heart

Aquamarina

Chatty Member
I remember saying a few years back how lovely it would be to have a Tattle meet up. If I remember correctly there was a mini one wasn’t there, when the MT was in its infancy? It would be so great to have a Tattle hen-do. I have mental pictures of so many of you in my head and what I imagine you all to look like. We’re such a lovely community of supportive mendacious ninnies who share so much of our lives with each other.

I also had a job interview this week and I was the internal candidate who got the job. I hope I wasn’t up against you @Kittypops. Although that would be a very very weird coincidence if it were true!

Lots of love to all the frauen who are going through tough times, whether that be Covid, illness or general life shit. Even though I don’t post much these days, I’m still here and check in to Tattle every day liking and reacting to posts. I don’t like some of the attitudes and vitriol for no reason on the MT though, but ‘twas ever thus eh?

I’m glued to the news to see what’s happening with Boris, as he’s apparently going to resign today. Whatever will become of our country?

• Heart

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Found out indirectly that I didn't get the job that I really quite wanted (my friend's friend got it), oh well 🙄

I did have a lovely day today with my best friend though, so the good outweighs the bad.

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
Good luck @Kittypops. I second the always wise emoji queen HTRIA - try and remember it's about you checking the fit for you as well as them assessing you. Plenty of jobs look amazing on paper, but you are there to check out the vibe too. Agree on it now being time to take a breath and make sure you have everything ready. You aren't going to significantly change where you're at in your readiness now, and I'm sure you are ready, so the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure you're feeling as calm as you can be when you go in. You know your stuff, so just try and enjoy talking about it.

You lot are all lovely btw - I might have had a tear in my eye during that grunk. x

• Heart

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
How did your interviews go today @Lurkeryaar ?
They were ok I think, thank you!! First one was quite easy/relaxed, second was a bit more intense so I'll have to wait and see. I'd prefer the second one so 🤞ready for a takeaway now as I am very tired - don't recommend two interviews in one day 🤣

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I think he is a little tomcat too. Been calling him Jupiter in my head!
For some reason he looks like a Jupiter, it makes sense!

This was on the MT, but it’s so amazing. The first deep field image from the James Webb Telescope, it’s just a sneak preview, we‘ll see more tomorrow.

If you zoom in on the picture you’ll see there’s entire galaxies there!

3C281D63-A3A3-4ACC-9B47-97EE500B13BA.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Your kitties are gorgeous @binkbonk :love: welcome to the cat canal.

Sending toe beanos to everyone who wants them. You can look but don't be tempted to touch, unless you have very quick reflexes. I'm still not allowed to sit on this chair because I don't have the heart to boot her off just so I can put my feet up.

more toe beans.jpg

• Heart

Billybellend

Chatty Member
Pip pip, Cabal!

not posted for a while, as eldest is having MH issues which we’re dealing with together. Very thankful for our family unit right now. If nothing else, we can talk to each other openly and without judgment (unless anyone goes anywhere near my fucking spicy sausage that I’ve hidden in the veg compartment in the fridge. Honestly, it should be safe 😂).

@moglits I was so incredibly sorry and touched to hear about your loss. You gave your dog the best life and were there at the end, and they’ll be waiting over the rainbow bridge for you, along with my gorgeous old moggy x

PS I’m rather liking the weather, but I’m a tropical Herr 👍🏿 - I’ve stood my site staff down for the next 3 days. Far too hot and I’ll still honour their pay. They’re way too valuable to lose and I’m in a reasonably fortunate position. Someone came good for me when I was apprenticing, so the least I can do is pay it forward, as cheesy as it sounds.

• Heart
I've been having wild medication-induced dreams and I had one the other day that this thread was banned, I was genuinely bereft. Fortunately I don't think it was prophetic as I then went on to find smol shrink-wrapped alligators in a supermarket meat aisle and tried to kill my sister's OH by launching jars of gherkins at his head.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Good morning to you all, from flooded NSW, again. I've a bit of time on my hands as bridges and roads are closed, but I have found my way out of last week's funk, and *thank you so much*, all of you. I will be as supportive and kind whenever I can to you all and others. @HotesTilaire, to you right now at this difficult hard time

Current pic of homeland... the actual river is the line in the middle. Not seen: many houses, roads, lives, loves, farms. I'm high and dry this time. A little "traumatised", like everyone.
View attachment 1396436

The WoohCats are going CRAZY in my awful tiny granny flat. You wouldn't put your granny in this box!
Holy shit, I hadn't heard about this at all (not hit the news here). That looks awful. I'm glad to hear you're okay!

In other news, I had some pastry leftover from the terrible pumble so I made some little banana/chocolate/almond turnovers. They are delicious, and they have restored my faith in myself as a cook! Served with more of my ice cream. I love making ice cream in summer...

20220706_163422.jpg

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
We've gone a couple of times recently and not more than 10 people in both times, which was lovely. Our nearest town has a population of under 10,000 but has a five-screen cinema - the smallest of the five seats something like 24 people!

We also have a wonderful thing called the Screen Machine which is a very clever lorry that trundles around the Highlands and Islands and unfolds itself into a 74-seat cinema with full surround sound. It turns up about three times a year at a nearby village and because you'll generally know everyone in there, is a bit like having a ginormous movie night in with your friends.

• Heart