Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Wooh ❤ ❤ ❤

Seven quid for a jubilee party?! That's a third of a weekly food budget for two people!

The MT is a lot, I've got 20 pages of the new thread to get through so I know it's going to be nothing good (from her, not the incisive and witty frauen). It's DKL watchalong at 7pm though which is always fun if anyone wants to join in.

Everything went surprisingly ok considering the last time I saw an NHS psychiatrist he was an absolute twit who gave me idiotic (and actually dangerous) advice. Did not appreciate that they didn't tell me there were two student doctors sitting in with the psychiatrist and nurse though. I didn't like to say anything until the doctor asked me why I was looking out of the window so much and I felt like where tf am I supposed to look, I've got three strangers facing me like they're waiting for me to burst into a virtuosic rendition of Landslide. It's also really worrying when you haven't said anything in over a minute and you can hear multiple people scribbling or typing away. You start to wonder what it is you're doing that's interesting enough to write down and question if you're just acting really strangely.

Anyway, I agreed to switch antipsychotics. My main issue with the one I'm on (and why I started taking less than half the dose) is that it makes it very difficult to wake up during the night due to the sedation and I was worried that someone would break in and I'd need to wake up immediately to defend myself. The new one apparently has the opposite effect and I might be totally wired for two weeks but the voice in my head had duck all to say about it so 🤷‍♀️ Just waiting for my GP surgery to write the prescription so I can collect it.

A genuine thank you to all of you for your kindness and letting me stomp all over the thread like the main character of Twitter. It really does make a difference to an anonymous sweaty lonely sideboard. I'll draw all of your gardens when I'm better. If you don't have a garden I will buy you some fascist merch instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Upside down hugs to everyone except Cookie and Wooh, yours are right way up. Traumy, I hope you're good at drawing gnomes as I have a smol collection in my smol garden. This is the first one I painted when I had to leave work. It's not very good but I hope it makes you smile a smol smile.

ETA it's meant to be Ace Frehley from KISS.
F703C5DB-C596-4AC5-ABB3-D0C23FE3D0FC.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
It is actually cheese slices! From a cheese themed box of socks. Yes, I do need a better hobby.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
@Wooh ❤ ❤ ❤

Seven quid for a jubilee party?! That's a third of a weekly food budget for two people!

The MT is a lot, I've got 20 pages of the new thread to get through so I know it's going to be nothing good (from her, not the incisive and witty frauen). It's DKL watchalong at 7pm though which is always fun if anyone wants to join in.

Everything went surprisingly ok considering the last time I saw an NHS psychiatrist he was an absolute twit who gave me idiotic (and actually dangerous) advice. Did not appreciate that they didn't tell me there were two student doctors sitting in with the psychiatrist and nurse though. I didn't like to say anything until the doctor asked me why I was looking out of the window so much and I felt like where tf am I supposed to look, I've got three strangers facing me like they're waiting for me to burst into a virtuosic rendition of Landslide. It's also really worrying when you haven't said anything in over a minute and you can hear multiple people scribbling or typing away. You start to wonder what it is you're doing that's interesting enough to write down and question if you're just acting really strangely.

Anyway, I agreed to switch antipsychotics. My main issue with the one I'm on (and why I started taking less than half the dose) is that it makes it very difficult to wake up during the night due to the sedation and I was worried that someone would break in and I'd need to wake up immediately to defend myself. The new one apparently has the opposite effect and I might be totally wired for two weeks but the voice in my head had duck all to say about it so 🤷‍♀️ Just waiting for my GP surgery to write the prescription so I can collect it.

A genuine thank you to all of you for your kindness and letting me stomp all over the thread like the main character of Twitter. It really does make a difference to an anonymous sweaty lonely sideboard. I'll draw all of your gardens when I'm better. If you don't have a garden I will buy you some fascist merch instead.
You can be my main character any day @traumatised sideboard 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I found you all again! Adding to watch list so I don’t get lost. Been trying to keep up with the Jack Chaos du jour but it’s moving far too quickly!

Been skimming threads and not contributing as much as I’d like - realising that I probably need help to work through what is most likely PTSD after a crash section and accompanying worry about baby ABD, who thankfully seems to be thriving for now. Have been referred for help so just waiting for the call 😊

Will aim to be a bit more present here if nowhere else, I’m currently on a restricted diet to check for baby allergies so look forward to seeing lots of tasty vegan recipes on here to try!
NCT helpline might be able to put you in touch with someone for peer counselling ( someone who has been through a similar experience and had some training) It is a long time since I had any involvement with them and was a new thing about ten years ago. Might be quicker than NHS

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Bless you @Brian Butterfield I see you're still wearing your bespoke 300 hat 😂

What are the rest of the socks @Geetbo? Are they different cheeses? Cheese paraphernalia? For one of my textiles projects at school I chose to make a cheese wedge cushion which I think is definitely lower down on the ladder than owning cheese socks, especially when you think it could've been literally ANYTHING ELSE.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Probably a tattle addiction compelling me to check in and say hi, sending love to the ninnies who need it and those who don’t. Had one of those tit days that you know will lead to a tit week so can’t wait to see what despair the week brings 😩😂

Is anyone a houseplant frau? Tempted to buy a pick me up it’s been so bad, there are so many websites now - does anyone have any strong recs pls? 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Bless you @Brian Butterfield I see you're still wearing your bespoke 300 hat 😂

What are the rest of the socks @Geetbo? Are they different cheeses? Cheese paraphernalia? For one of my textiles projects at school I chose to make a cheese wedge cushion which I think is definitely lower down on the ladder than owning cheese socks, especially when you think it could've been literally ANYTHING ELSE.
I’ve got some beer ones and a rather fetching blue pair with cheeses on. My husband is a sewing frau and is currently planning to make some pyjamas for the puppy. I have decided to make no comment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Probably a tattle addiction compelling me to check in and say hi, sending love to the ninnies who need it and those who don’t. Had one of those tit days that you know will lead to a tit week so can’t wait to see what despair the week brings 😩😂

Is anyone a houseplant frau? Tempted to buy a pick me up it’s been so bad, there are so many websites now - does anyone have any strong recs pls? 🙏🏻
I’ve used Beards and Daisies, Patch Plants and a great seller on Etsy called Parijatplant. Good service from all and all the plants are still alive despite my severe lack of green fingers! I hope it helps to lift your mood ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Succulents are good in my experience. They can handle all kinds of neglect without dying. And they turn into amazing mutants.

• Heart
Succulents are good in my experience. They can handle all kinds of neglect without dying. And they turn into amazing mutants.
I have a ton of houseplants already but never succulents weirdly?! I just finished the Lego succulents set which was v underwhelming I won’t lie to you! How is the puppy?

And thank you @Toffee finger !! ❤ I’ll definitely spend all evening browsing them and building baskets only to never check out as I’m too indecisive 😂 x

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh actual plant recommendations my ZZ plant is my favourite! You can neglect it for ages and it still grows really well

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have a ton of houseplants already but never succulents weirdly?! I just finished the Lego succulents set which was v underwhelming I won’t lie to you! How is the puppy?

And thank you @Toffee finger !! ❤ I’ll definitely spend all evening browsing them and building baskets only to never check out as I’m too indecisive 😂 x
He’s had his jabs today so very sleepy. It’s been a while since I’ve had a pup and you forget how knackering they are. Worth it though.

I am terrible with plants, so anything I have needs to be able to handle my McCann level of plant parenting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
How are you doing today @kachoochoo
thank you for asking uni-v ❤. I'm ok. still bleeding and in pain and exhausted, but I'll be ok

because I don't work mondays, it's kinda like another day of weekend for me, so I've been glad to have an extra day of not doing much

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hon I know it’s hard but you’re having a holiday romance. You will never have to wash his pants or go to the big Tesco on Mather Ave and fall out over whether you should call someone a dozy mare for repeatedly banging into you. You only get the quality time, so of course it’s always great. You don’t get time to get fed up. Well that’s my view anyway. No idea what you should do though 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe don’t go on online dates though. That will convince you there’s nobody else out there!
Do you want a new “life partner”?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.