Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably a tattle addiction compelling me to check in and say hi, sending love to the ninnies who need it and those who don’t. Had one of those tit days that you know will lead to a tit week so can’t wait to see what despair the week brings 😩😂

Is anyone a houseplant frau? Tempted to buy a pick me up it’s been so bad, there are so many websites now - does anyone have any strong recs pls? 🙏🏻
I like Happy Houseplants a lot; good value if you buy the baby plants. PlantasiaHouseplants on Etsy are excellent for cuttings.

I'd like to find a good website for fruit plants because our local garden centre is crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Prompted by Hotes tbh as I meant to reply when originally posted!

You in danger, girl. Any time I've been with a bloke when I've known that a relationship isn't on the cards, has been heart breaking. You think you can change them as maybe they've never met anyone like you before. It's a wound to the ego to contemplate but they don't see you as an opportunity to build a life, they see you as a sexy stop gap. A boost to their own ego. I cringe when I think about what I put up with versus what I wanted.

One day you will find someone who wants to do all that couply stuff with you. And it will be simple and easy. Don't put up with that sick feeling in the bottom of your stomach. You deserve better
❤

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Thanks Hotes and Emmapism -- you are both totally right. We are doing all of the nice stuff and I am creating a fantasy of all of the things in between. He is so lovely and funny and says all of the right things (like if things were different with his child etc..) but the reality is I do want to meet someone and I wont while I feel attached to him. Its a vicious circle though as I am lonely at times when I am on my own and in the absence of anyone else its natural for me to turn to him. He is really attentive in calling and messaging and I have realised that this makes me feel more connected to him that I am as we exchange messages all day/evening. Ahh bloody feelings!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

The funny thing is we romantically spent an hour in the Mather Ave Tesco last week as he is 'sick of eating in restaurants' the poor man :rolleyes: Apart from him putting my green bin out thats the most domestic thing we have done!

Anyway he is off working abroad for few weeks next month so that will give me some time to have a word with myself.

Hope today is a good one for you Traumy.

• Heart
@MancBee I am so sorry for your loss and so sorry that once again she has made you feel like this. Sometimes I wonder if she does it on purpose, if she knows that there are people among our group that will be hurt desperately if she mentions certain things.

Then I think she doesn’t have the intelligence or the forethought to do that, she just bulldozes in with her own agenda, thinking that everything is about her and that what has gone before is insignificant in comparison to what she herself is experiencing right now (or ten years ago 🙄).

Please stay here. Glad you had a lovely weekend. Don’t let her ruin it. I am slowly coming to the realisation that she is living a very sad and lonely life and her lashing out like this is an attempt to salvage something as she realises things are coming to a head. It is hard to distance but it makes things easier on the emotions.

❤

• Heart
Well lads I hope you’re prepared as there’s going to be puppy spam from me for the next two weeks. Me and the other Mr Geetbo went to look at a puppy this morning, and decided to do a chaos and add him to our menagerie. V excited.
Oh yes, doggos. I'm not really a cat person (wouldn't wish them harm) and would love a dog, though not practical in my small flat.

I'm dog sitting at the end of July though and can't wait.

@MancBee I am so sorry for your loss and so sorry that once again she has made you feel like this. Sometimes I wonder if she does it on purpose, if she knows that there are people among our group that will be hurt desperately if she mentions certain things.

Then I think she doesn’t have the intelligence or the forethought to do that, she just bulldozes in with her own agenda, thinking that everything is about her and that what has gone before is insignificant in comparison to what she herself is experiencing right now (or ten years ago 🙄).

Please stay here. Glad you had a lovely weekend. Don’t let her ruin it. I am slowly coming to the realisation that she is living a very sad and lonely life and her lashing out like this is an attempt to salvage something as she realises things are coming to a head. It is hard to distance but it makes things easier on the emotions.

❤
Thanks. It is over 20 years ago now, but you never ever forget and sometimes it is as raw as if he died yesterday. I have a wonderful new partner and we have been together for longer than I was with my first. But the pain of losing someone you fell in love with as teenagers and lived 22 years together never leaves you. Especially when that death happened during the dark times of AIDS and multiple friends dying.
My trip to Wales was lovely, a tiny cottage with a log fire up in the hills. We went for long walks on footpaths criss-crossing fields and streams. Loads of sheep about of course, I had no idea there were so many different types. Most of them still had their winter coats on, I thought that shearing would have been done by now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
@MancBee I cant even touch the MT at the moment as it fills me with rage and sadness in equal measures.

To lose someone you have loved with that innocent, young and powerful love must be so tough, both then and now; especially in such tragic circumstances. I am sorry you have been upset further ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just wanted to give you a internet hug. Songs can be so emotive and I'm sorry Jack has triggered sad memories for you with her narc behaviour.

Jean-Paul Gaultier has a cabaret show, and one of the scenes relates to the HIV crisis. The song used now always makes me stop and think.

• Heart
Morning Frauen.
I too have had enough of the MT so dipping a toe into F&D (metaphorically speaking).
@MancBee Wales sounds perfect. Sorry you came back to such a nadir on the MT ❤
As a semi professional horticultural Frau I am loving the house plant chat. I get mine from supermarkets. You can get a real bargain, especially from the chain beginning with M.

• Heart
Just wanted to give you a internet hug. Songs can be so emotive and I'm sorry Jack has triggered sad memories for you with her narc behaviour.

Jean-Paul Gaultier has a cabaret show, and one of the scenes relates to the HIV crisis. The song used now always makes me stop and think.
The TV series "It's a sin" was one of the best representations of the HIV crisis I have ever seen. The person that Russel T Davies based his character Colin on was a friend of mine (as was Russel back when he lived here). The old abandoned hospital brought back into use was true, and I remember visiting friends who were in rooms with broken windows with cardboard over them. I watched that series and could name each and every person that his characters were based on. Heartbreaking, but handled very delicately.

Everyone thinks it must have been a permanently depressing time, but quite the reverse. A sense of community I would find hard to describe meant that gay men came together and fought even harder.

Unlike the recent Covid crisis, HIV was seen as something that was your own fault, something that came with shame. HIV caused years and years of illnesses increasing in severity, hammering your immune system until it finally gave up. Thankfully modern medicines mean that HIV is no longer the death sentence it once was, but the shame still exists.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Joining some of you by saying I’m bowing out of the MT now and unfollowing it. I don’t think I care enough anymore and it’s affecting my mood and life but will stay on here as you’re all too lovely to just leave behind. Hopefully some of the other good eggs on the MT will post regularly over here too. I did take a massive break from posting on there and here but still read but I don’t feel like I can do that anymore. Sending love to everyone ❤

Back on topic. I’m making Quorn ham and pea soup later in the soup maker, it’s the dogs danglies!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Morning Frauen.
I too have had enough of the MT so dipping a toe into F&D (metaphorically speaking).
@MancBee Wales sounds perfect. Sorry you came back to such a nadir on the MT ❤
As a semi professional horticultural Frau I am loving the house plant chat. I get mine from supermarkets. You can get a real bargain, especially from the chain beginning with M.
I am just glad that there are enough people still documenting the lies. I am confident that Jack's erratic behaviour will eventually be her downfall. As and aside she must have some real dirt on Nigella, and I mean some really bad tit. There is no way Nigella knows her well enough to make all the fawning posts. If she were a good friend why does she never phone her when things get bad? Why does she not drop in for coffee? Why does she not have a girlie day out? For goodness sake why doesn't Nigella have Jack on her show? If Nigella thinks so much of Jack, why does she sit back watching her struggle and not bung her a few quid. Jack would take it.

Jack had definitely got something on Nigella. None of the other blue tickers from Jack's time with Allegra make such sycophantic comments on Twitter

Will not mention MT here again.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
The TV series "It's a sin" was one of the best representations of the HIV crisis I have ever seen. The person that Russel T Davies based his character Colin on was a friend of mine (as was Russel back when he lived here). The old abandoned hospital brought back into use was true, and I remember visiting friends who were in rooms with broken windows with cardboard over them. I watched that series and could name each and every person that his characters were based on. Heartbreaking, but handled very delicately.

Everyone thinks it must have been a permanently depressing time, but quite the reverse. A sense of community I would find hard to describe meant that gay men came together and fought even harder.

Unlike the recent Covid crisis, HIV was seen as something that was your own fault, something that came with shame. HIV caused years and years of illnesses increasing in severity, hammering your immune system until it finally gave up. Thankfully modern medicines mean that HIV is no longer the death sentence it once was, but the shame still exists.
It's a Sin was an amazing series. I am so sad to hear you knew the real Colin, as his story affected me most.

The Gaultier show handles it as you've described it. The sad scene blends into how the Pride movement took off and the strength of the gay community coming together. Jean-Paul has rarely spoken about it, so it felt very intimate seeing the events represented in dance and theatre.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It's a Sin was an amazing series. I am so sad to hear you knew the real Colin, as his story affected me most.

The Gaultier show handles it as you've described it. The sad scene blends into how the Pride movement took off and the strength of the gay community coming together. Jean-Paul has rarely spoken about it, so it felt very intimate seeing the events represented in dance and theatre.
Yes Colin (not his real name) came from a village my grandparents lived in. He was a lovely lad, only mid 20's. He was arrested in his hospital bed as he wanted to leave and go back to Wales to die. His last few days were spent with a policeman in full PPE outside his door, handcuffed by chain to his bed. Horrific.

The hospital had been abandoned years before, it was a TB isolation hospital that was brought back into use with second hand beds and equipment that had been donated by other local hospitals. They had trouble getting ancillary staff to work there and the nursing staff and volunteers did things like cleaning and porter work. However the nursing staff and doctors were amazing.

I remember the ward clerk on "Colins" ward, a young girl no older that 20. To this day she works as administration assistant on the HIV wards. Now nearing retirement, she is the sort that should be awarded an Honour.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
MancBee - I can’t imagine what you went through, illness, fear of dying and prejudice combined. I remember Diana holding the hand of a man in hospital and the reaction of the press. I’m glad people’s attitudes have improved (🤞).

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Waitrose (I promise I do shop at other places) do a coconut and cardamom ice cream and it's banging. I am the only person in the household who likes it, always a bonus.
Waitrose put one of their 'on us' stickers on a cherry 🍒 pie whilst I was shopping Sunday

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Probably a tattle addiction compelling me to check in and say hi, sending love to the ninnies who need it and those who don’t. Had one of those tit days that you know will lead to a tit week so can’t wait to see what despair the week brings 😩😂

Is anyone a houseplant frau? Tempted to buy a pick me up it’s been so bad, there are so many websites now - does anyone have any strong recs pls? 🙏🏻
Aloe Vera plants are pretty low maintainence and also handy for little burns etc, you can just break a bit off and it grows back

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Glad you've joined us @MancBee I'm sorry she's upset you, she is just so utterly thoughtless. The scale of her flippancy regarding sensitive topics is so vast that probably over two thirds of us are furious at any given time. That's when we come here and look at doggos and sheepos, and if we're really lucky, @Geetbo leggos.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m sure she only mentioned that song to get Rev Richard Cole’s attention. She’s a ghoul.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Love to you @MancBee . Thank you for trusting us with your partner’s story ❤

I’m so sorry you were (understandably) upset, but I hope it’s helped to be able to “talk” here x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.