Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read that Detectorists and Worzel Gummidge exist in the same universe- apparently Lance and Andy from Detectorists are in the background of an episode of Worzel. This makes me feel all warm and happy.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
ah, riddle of the sphinx is one of my faves (the day it was broadcast, Steve did the crossword for the guardian) along with the harrowing, cold comfort, diddle diddle dumpling, tom and gerri...

Reactions: 13
I read that Detectorists and Worzel Gummidge exist in the same universe- apparently Lance and Andy from Detectorists are in the background of an episode of Worzel. This makes me feel all warm and happy.
It’s in the Guy Forks episode 🙂
1C6EF7D9-0527-48EB-87C8-99A0FDD31470.jpeg

I love Ghosts but haven’t seen the US version yet because I’m still traumatised over watching the US pilot of Red Dwarf and can’t risk having another favourite sullied . It’s meant to be pretty good though .

I’m rewatching Yonderland at the moment , which is the same cast as Ghosts, and also has characters called ninnies in ( although they aren’t Mithering ones ).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m back in my hometown after a completely uneventful flight-phew to be back.

Michelle’s first 10-15 seconds in Derry Girls is also something I put on ALL the time- where she starts with MOTHERFUCKERS and goes on to describe Pulp Fiction and John Travolta in her own uniquely wonderful way.

(Almost as good is her telling the story of Hugh Grant getting caught with Divine Brown in series 2 but nothing tops that first scene)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I can't cope with the MT goings on.

On another note, I walked past a neighbour's house and they had a lovely little fluff ball kitten, being taken outside for their first time ever, it was lovely to see.

Love to everyone, you keep me going, no response required x and ❤ and 😺

• Heart
Reactions: 29
also, yes to the new worzel gummidges! they are absolutely glorious. such gorgeous storytelling

mackenzie crook is a bleeping genius

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So, we were meant to go and see Grace Petrie on Friday but the ticket website was crap so we didn’t buy them and in the end she had to cancel due to illness.

We ended up buying tickets for another event in town next month so small steps. I wanted to take Mrs T to see the prodigy but she now has to wear a hearing aid and we didn’t think it was the best idea. Not sure how I would cope with the prodigy tbh. We saw fat boy slim in 2019 which was amazing but on a cricket pitch.

I don’t know why I am saying all this. It’s boring AF.

Glad you are home vali. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I like noticing all the crossovers of actors in Ghosts, Stath, Detectorists, WWDITS, etc. Alison from Ghosts (and Call the Midwife) also popped up in The Other One - can recommend. It’s about a woman (who plays Katya in Stath) who meets her half sister when their dad suddenly dies and she finds out he had another family. Caroline Quentin plays a hilariously batshit auntie.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've only seen one episode of Inside No 9 and I did enjoy it so I'm going to discover another one then call it a night. I've spent the evening so far with Michael Hutchence through the medium of YouTube, which has been lovely but also quite sad, a bit of comedy to round out the evening will be just the thing.

• Heart
I like noticing all the crossovers of actors in Ghosts, Stath, Detectorists, WWDITS, etc. Alison from Ghosts (and Call the Midwife) also popped up in The Other One - can recommend. It’s about a woman (who plays Katya in Stath) who meets her half sister when their dad suddenly dies and she finds out he had another family. Caroline Quentin plays a hilariously batshit auntie.
OMG I knew I recognised her! Just saw the first ep of the Other One today!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
derry girls, ghosts, w1a, twenty twelve, windsors are all amazing

inside no 9 is my absolute favourite and this series has been such an improvement after the last couple of years, some of the best ever episodes are in there

I know I was instrumental in talking about reece's bum in that thread hotes, but he's hot and I'm permahorny 🤷‍♀️

and, yes, vali! mr kcc does not share my opinion on reece, but he puts that car share outtake sequence on YouTube all the time!

lyrical danceflap!
I haven’t seen him since pre pandemic but if it helps, he smells nice

• Haha
  • Heart
Fraus.

Fact and question.

The Pacific Ocean is bigger than all the land on earth combined (🤯).

How do ocean peeps know where one ocean/sea starts and another one ends?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Totally Scott Lee was just like an episode of the office
This is great for anyone who needs a laugh
I've watched so much of this channel recently, they always look fabulous and their references are next level. They introduced me to a great clip of Trinny (of Trinny & Susannah professional witch fame) fully twatting into a glass door on her way into Zara. It's the first ten seconds of this video. Come on ladies, I can't bloody wait 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
fully twatting into a glass door on her way into Zara. It's the first ten seconds of this video
😂😂 Brilliant.

I'm flying to America tomorrow on a work trip which is exciting but wowee has the Covid stuff made it very stressful! I'm hoping there are some good films because I really love watching a million of them on the plane.

Ghosts was so much fun, binged it at my old man's house in January.
I never got into GOT. It just didn't do anything for me BUT ..fans of the show... Pooh's kennel name is Jaime Lannister. The breeder named all his kittens after characters from shows he watched. I wish he was Daryl Dixon, I was watching The Walking Dead still around the time we got him.
00527288-9C64-4CD9-BC13-81D55497C4FC.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.