Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Pocahontas I love Ghosts! Will look up to see where/if it can be viewed over here.

@Sideboard Bob loved Twenty Twelve and W1A - Hugh Skinner as Will. Really resonated with some of the interns I’d come across! He’s still more productive than Jack 😂.

I’m behind with it but has anyone else watched Inside No. 9? Mr Beds doesn’t get it but I love it. Think it’s very true that comedy can be a personal thing - my Dad can be quite scathing and if it doesn’t make him laugh immediately he writes it off! The amount of times I have to brief him ‘give it a couple of episodes’!

I’m meant to be finishing off an essay - wondering what Jack-esque excuse/chaos I can summon???

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Lets pretend it never happened. Except for Cersei being last on the Iron Throne, thus proving she was the true queen. Preach!

Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things worries me, you hear such awful rumours about her personal life, and she looks like she's tweaking her looks already. She doesn't need to. I hope there are some good people in her life.
There’s something about MBB that I’ve never taken too, she’s always came across a bit too precocious.
It is very strange though they seem to have built her to be far beyond her years- the outfits she’s worn at premiers and the way she articulates herself in interviews. The texting Drake about boys and being best mates with The Wright family is a whole other level of weird.

Reactions: 16
@Pocahontas I love Ghosts! Will look up to see where/if it can be viewed over here.

@Sideboard Bob loved Twenty Twelve and W1A - Hugh Skinner as Will. Really resonated with some of the interns I’d come across! He’s still more productive than Jack 😂.

I’m behind with it but has anyone else watched Inside No. 9? Mr Beds doesn’t get it but I love it. Think it’s very true that comedy can be a personal thing - my Dad can be quite scathing and if it doesn’t make him laugh immediately he writes it off! The amount of times I have to brief him ‘give it a couple of episodes’!

I’m meant to be finishing off an essay - wondering what Jack-esque excuse/chaos I can summon???
speakig of interns there is a hilarious show on 4od called The Work Experience where people think they are doing work experience in a PR company but it is all just a set up

Reactions: 12

Wahey to Ghosts!

I did really love Inside No. 9 (and League of G, Psychoville) but the last couple of seasons I haven’t enjoyed as much, it’s been a bit more hit and miss for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I like inside no 9 but the thread on here was a bit too focused on Reece’s bum plus I’ve had an unfortunate incident with Reece Stan’s IRL (don’t ask) I don’t think of it as comedy, it’s more like a modern day Tales of the Unexpected. There’s one every series I don’t like. But then they absolute best ones are something else.

Reactions: 21
Haha, I can totally believe there are real life Wills out there! I love the parts where he’s watching tv for Ian Fletcher, a David Attenborough documentary, and he‘s just sitting there, astonished, and occasionally saying “whoa”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Stath Lets Flats/What We Do In The Shadows/Ghosts are brilliant! The American series of Ghosts looks odd but a friend that has watched it really liked it.

Inside Number 9 was my favourite show and I loved every episode but the last 2 series have been very meh which is a shame. Detectorists takes the top spot for me now I think!

• Heart
Stath Lets Flats/What We Do In The Shadows/Ghosts are brilliant! The American series of Ghosts looks odd but a friend that has watched it really liked it.

Inside Number 9 was my favourite show and I loved every episode but the last 2 series have been very meh which is a shame. Detectorists takes the top spot for me now I think!

Detectorists, 100 per cent love so much.
Also loved Mackenzie Crook’s Worzel Gummidges. So strange! 😂 But similar kind of gentle humour.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Mackenzie Crook’s Worzel Gummidges.
They are wonderful shows, and MacKenzie draws the most beautiful images of Worzel and the countryside.

The Detectorists is something I keep meaning to watch, but never seem too. Like Derry Girls, I need to get my arse into gear.

• Heart
It’s such a great show. Like @Pocahontas said a nice gentle relaxing easy to watch programme. I really enjoyed the first 2 series of Derry Girls but not so keen on the last series, I’d still recommend watching it though!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
omg what a nightmare Vali. I’m so sorry you’ve had to leave early. You’re doing the right thing for yourself though, and it won’t be long now til you’re home and safe. Wishing you so much luck for your journey home x
Thank you so much! Sitting at the gate waiting to board, with an eye clinic appt waiting for me at home and feeling a lot less anxious, thankfully. Middle of the night anxiety is just RUBBISH 😞

Has anyone watched The Windsors? Will from W1A is Prince William and his pronunciation of certain words is truly fabulous. I can recommend a look if you haven’t- you’ll know pretty quickly if you’ll enjoy it or not I think.

I’ll look out for US Ghosts and report back. I forgot they’d even made one. And speaking of Reece S, I must have watched this outtake from Car Share at least 40 times (having never even seen the show itself) and I still almost cry laughing every time-and RS knows exactly what he’s doing 😆

FINALLY going back a few pages-not sure if this is helpful but Mr Vali (aka OH) takes the gummies each night to help him sleep, swears by them, and has no ill effects from them at all, no morning grogginess etc - he’s not on any other medication though so I’m not sure about contraindications

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
derry girls, ghosts, w1a, twenty twelve, windsors are all amazing

inside no 9 is my absolute favourite and this series has been such an improvement after the last couple of years, some of the best ever episodes are in there

I know I was instrumental in talking about reece's bum in that thread hotes, but he's hot and I'm permahorny 🤷‍♀️

and, yes, vali! mr kcc does not share my opinion on reece, but he puts that car share outtake sequence on YouTube all the time!

lyrical danceflap!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The crossword episode of Inside No.9 will go down as one of my favourite of all time. As a show it's just consistently so inventive and there's nobody making telly like it. It's a mini play every week.

I've only seen the first ep of the latest series and even though I didn't love it, the writing was still top notch. We had to scoot back a few times to hear certain lines again. Plus having the three of them back together again was a joy to watch 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The crossword episode of Inside No.9 will go down as one of my favourite of all time.
Riddle of the Sphinx taught me how to do cryptic crosswords, and I feel so smart when I can get all the answers now. Cheers Inside No 9!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.