Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If we’re talking programmes I am currently suffering with a severe obsession with Never Have I Ever on Netflix. It’s an American high school comedy and a I love it. I’ve watched all of it about 17 times now which is seriously sad but it’s just lovely somehow.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I can't go past Kath and Kim for a pick-me-up
TV show. The American version was just woeful, they missed the entire point of why Kim is so hilarious.
I just finished watching the series Reacher, it's really good if you don't mind a bit of violence. Quite funny and the guy playing Jack Reacher is much better than Tom Cruise. Cruise is a good actor but having read the books I died a bit when he cast himself in the film. Reacher is meant to be 6' 5" and we all know Cruise misses that by a foot or so! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
TV show. The American version was just woeful, they missed the entire point of why Kim is so hilarious.
I just finished watching the series Reacher, it's really good if you don't mind a bit of violence. Quite funny and the guy playing Jack Reacher is much better than Tom Cruise. Cruise is a good actor but having read the books I died a bit when he cast himself in the film. Reacher is meant to be 6' 5" and we all know Cruise misses that by a foot or so! 😂
I can't deal with Tom Cruise in anything. His tooth's in the middle of his face.

ETA a photo because I realise without context, this is a mad comment 🥴
Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 20.00.00.png

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I can't deal with Tom Cruise in anything. His tooth's in the middle of his face.

ETA a photo because I realise without context, this is a mad comment 🥴
View attachment 1306264
:LOL:You know, I've seen this photo so many times over the years and it still freaks me out! It's perfectly in line with his philtrum and gigantic compared to the other teefs.
He is a strange human being but I like him as an actor.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
:LOL:You know, I've seen this photo so many times over the years and it still freaks me out! It's perfectly in line with his philtrum and gigantic compared to the other teefs.
He is a strange human being but I like him as an actor.
Watching Top Gun (first one) the other night, I couldn't unsee how many times he does a jaw clench. If you took a shot each time; you'd be dead by alcohol poisoning before the credits finished.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
omg the american version was atrocious, imo it is such a typical australian thing translating it doesn't work anyway. What is your fav episode? Tough call for me but probably Kath's wedding :ROFLMAO:
I also love Summer Heights high, even though parts of it, like the Jonah things are a bit depressing.
Recently I have also been re -watching The Secret Life of Us on Youtube . For a pick me up generally I watch things I have seen a million times before, so either Kath and Kim or Peep Show, I also like Smack the Pony, the dating agency videos are great

• Heart
Reactions: 19
omg the american version was atrocious, imo it is such a typical australian thing translating it doesn't work anyway. What is your fav episode? Tough call for me but probably Kath's wedding :ROFLMAO:
I also love Summer Heights high, even though parts of it, like the Jonah things are a bit depressing.
Recently I have also been re -watching The Secret Life of Us on Youtube . For a pick me up generally I watch things I have seen a million times before, so either Kath and Kim or Peep Show, I also like Smack the Pony, the dating agency videos are great
Hard call but I think Kim's birthday when Kel and Kim's dad have a fight on the restaurant tram. Or the Melbourne cup episode where the ladies get piss-drunk at the races.
My friend K lives in Sweden with her Swedish husband, she showed him K&K and he said he understood her sense of humour better after watching it, haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Hard call but I think Kim's birthday when Kel and Kim's dad have a fight on the restaurant tram. Or the Melbourne cup episode where the ladies get piss-drunk at the races.
My friend K lives in Sweden with her Swedish husband, she showed him K&K and he said he understood her sense of humour better after watching it, haha.
a german friend said similar to me after watching Peep Show, he could not deal with the cringe aspect of it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Love Kath and Kim!
‘Look at moy, Kimmy, look at moyyyy.’

Another Aussie fave - Round the Twist! Funny, when I watched them as a kid, I fancied the teenage boy. Watching them again as an adult, you notice the dad’s a bit of a sweetheart 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
a german friend said similar to me after watching Peep Show, he could not deal with the cringe aspect of it :ROFLMAO:
I have an Asian relative who had a similar revelation about understanding humour watching Black Books. Also improved her ability to understand Irish accents! Cheers Bernard!

• Haha
Love Kath and Kim!
‘Look at moy, Kimmy, look at moyyyy.’

Another Aussie fave - Round the Twist! Funny, when I watched them as a kid, I fancied the teenage boy. Watching them again as an adult, you notice the dad’s a bit of a sweetheart 😂
I LOVED round the twist - still get the theme tune stuck in my head

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I LOVED round the twist - still get the theme tune stuck in my head
That and the moomins I still have nightmares about!!! Around The Twist was insane, did anyone else watch Heartbreak High? Overall, Australian TV is amazing

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.