Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stath lets flats is brilliant. Comedy is such a personal thing though. I know I have said it before but Drop
the Dead Donkey is up there on my all time best.

We have a cormorant living on our river. When it stands on the edge of one of the weirs (which totally confused me when I got here šŸ˜‰šŸ”ŗ) it looks like a butler waiting to serve people.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Ah, I love Stath Lets Flats. So funny and endearing - love Al and Sophie.
Does anyone else like Ghosts? Read this morning thereā€™s also an US version, wonder if it will be as good as the US office.
I liked Schittā€™s Creek, could see the appeal, but never found it hilarious, more warmly amusing šŸ˜‚
Agree that comedy is subjective, itā€™s whatever floats your boat. I really like Napoleon Dynamite, and films like Welcome to the Dollhouse - sort of quite dark, odd humour about not quite socially accepted characters.
Speaking of which, @blurstoftimes Iā€™m mourning the lack of your Dawn Wiener photo.

Added: Sidey B, just watched that Girls Aloud video. What a bunch of grumps!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The canal scene in Stath Lets Flats should be in a comedy hall of fame. Also ā€œSpeak Greek, Speakā€ London Greek Internet tv takes me back to the old radio station and early tv attempts.
Iā€™m currently annoyed that I did a Stranger Things 4 binge without realizing that the final episode (s?) arenā€™t available until 1 July.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The canal scene in Stath Lets Flats should be in a comedy hall of fame. Also ā€œSpeak Greek, Speakā€ London Greek Internet tv takes me back to the old radio station and early tv attempts.
Iā€™m currently annoyed that I did a Stranger Things 4 binge without realizing that the final episode (s?) arenā€™t available until 1 July.
Yep - started watching it with bigger SB and we realised the same. He looked it up and apparently the final two episodes in July - the actual S4 finale is 2 and a half hours long šŸ¤Æ

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Yep - started watching it with bigger SB and we realised the same. He looked it up and apparently the final two episodes in July - the actual S4 finale is 2 and a half hours long šŸ¤Æ
Are they doing a GOT series 8 (the one that we shall never speak of šŸ‰ šŸ„ŗ) where the episodes are all really long like mini films?

Never watched Stranger Things. Is it like ET?

ETA- scrap that, I think it is like ET because of the Netflix cover screen.

Reactions: 13
Are they doing a GOT series 8 (the one that we shall never speak of šŸ‰ šŸ„ŗ) where the episodes are all really long like mini films?

Yeah kind of like Buffy but with 80s aesthetic. The lil Scooby gang investigating monsters whilst navigating high school and using CB radio

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Oh my god - GOT final series šŸ˜– what a shame, shame, shame.

The episodes are defo longer. They seemingly had lots to fit in and I guess theyā€™re in a rush to complete the story as a whole seeing as they all look about 35 years old now šŸ˜‚

hmm, kind of ETish, v heavy classic Stephen King mild horror vibes, complete with teen angst.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh my god - GOT final series šŸ˜– what a shame, shame, shame.
Lets pretend it never happened. Except for Cersei being last on the Iron Throne, thus proving she was the true queen. Preach!

Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things worries me, you hear such awful rumours about her personal life, and she looks like she's tweaking her looks already. She doesn't need to. I hope there are some good people in her life.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Lets pretend it never happened. Except for Cersei being last on the Iron Throne, thus proving she was the true queen. Preach!

Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things worries me, you hear such awful rumours about her personal life, and she looks like she's tweaking her looks already. She doesn't need to. I hope there are some good people in her life.
Cersei rulez (literally šŸ˜‚). She deserved a better end.

Re MBB - I know, itā€™s so sad. Sheā€™s only 18.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Does any one else like Twenty Twelve and W1A? Theyā€™re my favourite ever comedy tv shows. Thereā€™s so many laugh out loud moments, and a lot of subtle humour. David Tennantā€™s narration is just genius.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Cersei rulez (literally šŸ˜‚). She deserved a better end.
At least Jaime was with her, I hated him so much in season one, I adored him by the overall end. Best character arc and redemption.

Does any one else like Twenty Twelve and W1A? Theyā€™re my favourite ever comedy tv shows. Thereā€™s so many laugh out loud moments, and a lot of subtle humour. David Tennantā€™s narration is just genius.

I never got either of those shows :ROFLMAO: bit highbrow for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
At least Jaime was with her, I hated him so much in season one, I adored him by the overall end. Best character arc and redemption.

I never got either of those shows :ROFLMAO: bit highbrow for me!
So true about Jaime. What a lot of messy drama that show was šŸ˜‚ (Iā€™m making it sound less prestige than it was)

Into the T - ahhh, she was so good in that. Such an expressive mouth (odd thing to say but you what I mean hopefully)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
On topic, itā€˜s Greek Week at Lidl!

And Iā€™ve been laughing every time I go there because I keep thinking of this clip (itā€™s only five minutes and itā€™s so worth watching, Spinal Tap could never).

ETA. Cherylā€˜s ā€œwho cares about being at the top peak of Greekā€ lives rent free in mine and the others on the Girls Aloud threadā€™s brains.
Massive Me-rail first sorry, Iā€™m wide awake at 4 in the morning and have been for past 4 hours having a horrendous anxiety attack because I was on my first holiday since pre-pandemic (and Iā€™m by myself) and a scary medical issue with my sight has flared up for the first time since 2020 so Iā€™ve had to cut my entire trip short (just over a day here rather than 5), buy s new plane ticket home and Iā€™ve got to get to the airport and on a 3 hour plane ride home in a couple of hours because my health insurance doesnā€™t properly cover me here and well, I just want to get home! Iā€™m in a massive catastrophising anxiety state about all the above and of course, a ton of other things also now!

THAT SAID I decided to distract myself a bit with the kindness of this thread and as well as that, I LOVED this clip which Iā€™ve never seen before and now need to find the entire programme when I get home. I have also now learned thereā€™s a Girls Aloud thread. Ghost Hunting with Girls Aloud is still genuinely one of the funniest/best things Iā€™ve ever seen on TV.

Anyway Sorry for the me-rail, thank you for the distraction and wish me luck for my journey home! I just keep trying to remind myself to stay calm and that being hugely anxious isnā€™t helping - but it isnā€™t helping!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Iā€™m going to believe that one, itā€™s too good to not be true (because thatā€™s how facts work!).

I have a daft question for you all. Is Schitts Creek worth watching?
I keep seeing gifs of it on the MT and it looks fun, and on a shallow note, Iā€™ve just watched Russian Doll series 2 and thought Annie Murphy was so beautiful.
I started watching Schitts Creek because of the recommendation on the MT two years ago! It's really good.

• Heart
LOVED both of these, there was a similar show set in the welsh tourist board, nowhere near as good but still funny

• Heart
Did anyone watch Bad Girls? Obviously not comedy but totally addictive.

We were watching the Drowned on Netflix the other day (donā€™t) and it brought back how good Jill Halfpenny was in Byker Grove. Weirdly I was allowed to watch that on BBC although Grange Hill was banned. Maybe the parents thought us northerners were all ok but the sight of a teenaged Londoner would have turned me to the dark side šŸ¤£.

• Haha
  • Heart
Massive Me-rail first sorry, Iā€™m wide awake at 4 in the morning and have been for past 4 hours having a horrendous anxiety attack because I was on my first holiday since pre-pandemic (and Iā€™m by myself) and a scary medical issue with my sight has flared up for the first time since 2020 so Iā€™ve had to cut my entire trip short (just over a day here rather than 5), buy s new plane ticket home and Iā€™ve got to get to the airport and on a 3 hour plane ride home in a couple of hours because my health insurance doesnā€™t properly cover me here and well, I just want to get home! Iā€™m in a massive catastrophising anxiety state about all the above and of course, a ton of other things also now!

THAT SAID I decided to distract myself a bit with the kindness of this thread and as well as that, I LOVED this clip which Iā€™ve never seen before and now need to find the entire programme when I get home. I have also now learned thereā€™s a Girls Aloud thread. Ghost Hunting with Girls Aloud is still genuinely one of the funniest/best things Iā€™ve ever seen on TV.

Anyway Sorry for the me-rail, thank you for the distraction and wish me luck for my journey home! I just keep trying to remind myself to stay calm and that being hugely anxious isnā€™t helping - but it isnā€™t helping!
omg what a nightmare Vali. Iā€™m so sorry youā€™ve had to leave early. Youā€™re doing the right thing for yourself though, and it wonā€™t be long now til youā€™re home and safe. Wishing you so much luck for your journey home x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
On topic, itā€˜s Greek Week at Lidl!

And Iā€™ve been laughing every time I go there because I keep thinking of this clip (itā€™s only five minutes and itā€™s so worth watching, Spinal Tap could never).

ETA. Cherylā€˜s ā€œwho cares about being at the top peak of Greekā€ lives rent free in mine and the others on the Girls Aloud threadā€™s brains.
Haha Off The Record is up there with Totally Scott Lee for reality show gold quotes.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.