Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Into_the_tunnel I never watched Bad Girls, but thinking of shows set in the same universe, didn’t they have a character from Footballers Wives go to prison, and then the same character turned up in Bad Girls, as a crossover?

I loved Car Share, even the radio station was funny, Forever FM.

When “Put A Little Birdhouse In Your Soul”, was playing, and John says something like “ah great song from They Might Be Giants” and Kayleigh says (completely seriously), “really? I thought it was the Muppets!”.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So, we were meant to go and see Grace Petrie on Friday but the ticket website was crap so we didn’t buy them and in the end she had to cancel due to illness.

We ended up buying tickets for another event in town next month so small steps. I wanted to take Mrs T to see the prodigy but she now has to wear a hearing aid and we didn’t think it was the best idea. Not sure how I would cope with the prodigy tbh. We saw fat boy slim in 2019 which was amazing but on a cricket pitch.

I don’t know why I am saying all this. It’s boring AF.

Glad you are home vali. ❤
Ooh I'm off to see The Prodigy in July 😊. It'll be the 4th time I've seen them, different this time around though after Keith's departure 😔. I'm so pleased they decided to continue though, it would have been a shame if they didn't, they're so talented.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Morning Frauen,
Loving the TV/ film talk. First time I've seen a reference to Welcome to the Dollhouse @Pocahontas Have you seen Happiness (Directed by ? Todd Solonz)
Also. The Honeymoon Killers (1970 Leonard Kastle)
The Night of the Hunter Robert Mitchum is chilling as a so called man of God.
Ms. Stringy is a total film buff. Still schooling me after 32 years.
I have book recommendations too.
That's for another time though.♥

BTW Frauen. These films are dark and may not be everyone's cup of tea ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Morning Frauen,
Loving the TV/ film talk. First time I've seen a reference to Welcome to the Dollhouse @Pocahontas Have you seen Happiness (Directed by ? Todd Solonz)

I have seen Happiness, Stringy M! I didn’t like it as much as Welcome to the Dollhouse due to its bleaker nature. Dollhouse is still dark, isn’t it, but on the lighter side of bleak in a way 😂

Yep I’ve seen Night of the Hunter!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So, we were meant to go and see Grace Petrie on Friday but the ticket website was crap so we didn’t buy them and in the end she had to cancel due to illness.

We ended up buying tickets for another event in town next month so small steps. I wanted to take Mrs T to see the prodigy but she now has to wear a hearing aid and we didn’t think it was the best idea. Not sure how I would cope with the prodigy tbh. We saw fat boy slim in 2019 which was amazing but on a cricket pitch.

I don’t know why I am saying all this. It’s boring AF.

Glad you are home vali. ❤
I have tickets to see John Cale in July, booking them at the start of March was a real act of faith! (Also, have seen Happiness on the recommendation of one of my children who added 'the title may be a bit misleading')

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Morning Frauen,

Happiness scarred me a bit. Acting was incredible but the whole thing was just so bleak. Excellent film but a very hard watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@Into_the_tunnel I never watched Bad Girls, but thinking of shows set in the same universe, didn’t they have a character from Footballers Wives go to prison, and then the same character turned up in Bad Girls, as a crossover?

I loved Car Share, even the radio station was funny, Forever FM.

When “Put A Little Birdhouse In Your Soul”, was playing, and John says something like “ah great song from They Might Be Giants” and Kayleigh says (completely seriously), “really? I thought it was the Muppets!”.
Footballers’ Wives! Yes, pretty sure I remember Tanya went to prison and rocked up in Bad Girls. Footballers Wives was properly bonkers. Zoe Lucker always looked like she was having a BALL playing Tanya Turner

86D9790B-7E9E-4131-B750-3906E79ECE09.gif

ETA -yep, unlike Snakes on a Plane, Happiness definitely does not ‘do what It says on the tin’ 😀

Look at this little nutcase who has just fallen asleep inside my glasses case

2AAA4A5C-C270-42DC-B1BC-D91902ADE744.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Lads- a quick update if you’re avoiding the MT. JM has been on bbc and ITV news already today, but PLOT TWIST the telegraph has done an article on how she was WRONG about inflation, ONS have released the data, Radio 4 also reporting that she’s wrong about the inflation on basics and smart price. It’s ~delicious~

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Seeking sanctuary from the MT. Nothing to do with any of the posts, just I'm feeling a bit off today anyway, and the whole latest chaos is just making me despair about the state of things generally.

I'm very behind, but wanted to say 'yes, absolutely' to @Into_the_tunnel re Drop the Dead Donkey. My favourite episode is the one where Helen asks Dave to pretend to be her boyfriend when her parents visit, and I think maybe a re-watch of that might be just what I need to help shift this mood.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Most of the Ghost/Yonderland cast started together on Horrible Histories first. Even though it's a kids show, it's 100% worth watching, it's hilarious and informative. The songs are fantastic too.

• Heart
Speaking of Ghosts, does anyone else secretly have the hots for the Captain? No? Just me then 😬

Also, I find it’s very difficult to choose and stick to a single favourite Ghost. Though I def do have a pretty consistent “most annoying” Ghost. ETA but I feel bad for thinking/saying it so I’m not going to say who it is 😂

Also, my new avatar is scaring me. Not sure how long I can keep it

• Haha
Most of the Ghost/Yonderland cast started together on Horrible Histories first. Even though it's a kids show, it's 100% worth watching, it's hilarious and informative. The songs are fantastic too.
And it’s 100% accurat!!!

Speaking of Ghosts, does anyone else secretly have the hots for the Captain? No? Just me then 😬

Also, I find it’s very difficult to choose and stick to a single favourite Ghost. Though I def do have a pretty consistent “most annoying” Ghost. ETA but I feel bad for thinking/saying it so I’m not going to say who it is 😂

Also, my new avatar is scaring me. Not sure how long I can keep it
There are several fan groups on pages for both Ghosts , and the 6 idiots as a whole , that are basically just Captain / Ben Willbond appreciation posts . I mean he is handsome, funny and nice on Twitter 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 17
And it’s 100% accurat!!!

There are several fan groups on pages for both Ghosts , and the 6 idiots as a whole , that are basically just Captain / Ben Willbond appreciation posts . I mean he is handsome, funny and nice on Twitter 😍
I'm all about Matthew Baynton, him as George 2nd (the bad one) is so hot!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Have you seen Bill? About William Shakespeare. V v funny, also by the same team.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Am about to go all Jack and ask if anyone remembers rectangles/doorways or what you call a fish, but this is actually food related. Do you have something in your family that you call by a random/possibly incorrect name?

For our supper tonight I made what my dad always called "German farm potatoes" tonight: diced bacon and onions fried off in a little butter, then scattered on top of leftover roast potatoes with some cheese and done under the grill until the cheese melts. As a kid we just had it with bread, but now I serve with salad, spring onions, sour cream, and for me, hot sauce.

To my knowledge, my dad never set foot in Germany, but he always called it German farm potatoes.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Seeking sanctuary from the MT. Nothing to do with any of the posts, just I'm feeling a bit off today anyway, and the whole latest chaos is just making me despair about the state of things generally.

I'm very behind, but wanted to say 'yes, absolutely' to @Into_the_tunnel re Drop the Dead Donkey. My favourite episode is the one where Helen asks Dave to pretend to be her boyfriend when her parents visit, and I think maybe a re-watch of that might be just what I need to help shift this mood.
I'm another Drop the Dead Donkey fan. My favourite episode is the one where Joy loses her voice after seeing the Chippendales and Henry and Dave recreate the performance on the desks of the newsroom just as Gus is trying to prove that it's a very moral channel and showing the Mary Whitehouse-alike around. And I've just looked up the episode and found it's also the one where George is looking for his daughter, who's joined a gang, and two of the gang members are played by none other than Patsy Palmer and Daniel Craig!! Going to have to dig out the DVD and watch it again now (Season 3 Episode 10, George and his Daughter).

But my all-time favourite is Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister, particularly the episode where Hacker's predecessor as PM dies and Bernard is trying to organise the funeral and cope with the French President trying to smuggle a puppy through the channel tunnel.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.