Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Count me in for the Spice Girls tribute band! Girl power!! ✌🏻

Check out this video at around 50 seconds in. They’re singing Viva Forver with Pavarotti, and Mel B and Victoria get the giggles when he starts singing.

I never saw this! I love how un professional (for want of a better word it was then) if you look ar girls aloud, or whatever they all look so together and perfect it is totally different

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oooo can I be Ginger? I think I’d look fetching back in my Union Jack mini dress
0A659990-8636-48A4-BBF3-7AB950DDFBB6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Reading the previous comments I feel a little bit guilty. I seem to me-rail quite a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Reading the previous comments I feel a little bit guilty. I seem to me-rail quite a lot.
MancBee I can hand on heart say, I have never once read a post of yours and thought 'bloody hell, not again!'. Your posts are relevant, interesting and often educational. I appreciate you sharing your experiences, as I do many posters in our diverse little corner. Don't feel guilty for your contributions ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 40
You are also very right Tunnelly. Our life circumstances have dramatically changed and we have to change and accept our perceptions of what we're realistically capable of now. I always appreciate hearing your point of view, you are very astute, dear heart.

I'm occasionally showing ignored content on the MT and the main me-railing offender is still there, me-railing away but is now putting them under spoilers saying 'me-rail'. If you've got the presence of mind to know it's not relevant then don't post it! I don't mind it when it's relevant, like responding to her trivialising depression and eating disorders or substance abuse recovery but if you show up solely to talk about yourself that's different. Most people are doing tasteful (for lack of a better word) me-rails. I feel like I keep needing to state there's nobody here who I've ever rolled my eyes at on the MT. There are also so many posts just saying the same things over and over as if nobody's bothered reading even the previous five pages before posting. That massive chaos was a blessing and a curse. Also we still miss you Silver ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 41
@Sideboard Bob apparently the Chinese Democracy album that was produced is “fake Guns and Roses” according to Mrs T. She is still talking about that being the only album she didn’t have. I am listening and typing. I promise.
I don’t think now is the best time to ask if November Rain is their song

🤣

Still talking

Still typing

Saturday evenings are F U N.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
@Sideboard Bob apparently the Chinese Democracy album that was produced is “fake Guns and Roses” according to Mrs T. She is still talking about that being the only album she didn’t have. I am listening and typing. I promise.
I don’t think now is the best time to ask if November Rain is their song

🤣

Still talking

Still typing

Saturday evenings are F U N.
It’s one of these mad musical sagas that I just find fascinating, but it must be so frustrating for fans like Mrs T that it wasn’t worth the long delays.

It was the Offspring that almost stole the name! “You snooze you lose” 🤣

"When the record’s coming together, you try to seriously think of a title for ten minutes and then everyone in the band jokes around for the next two hours with ideas like Offspring Bloody Offspring," Offspring frontman Dexter Holland told Spinner. "One day, somebody suggested Chinese Democracy and we couldn’t stop laughing about it."

The Offspring soon put out a press release announcing Chinese Democracy as the title for their seventh studio album. "You snooze you lose," Holland said in a statement shared by MTV. "Axl ripped off my braids, so I ripped off his album title."

• Haha
I’ve been looking for a fact for Facturday and I really hope this is true because it might be my favourite fact.
Apparently the British Navy play Britney Spears songs to get pirates to leave the east coast of Africa.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I’ve been looking for a fact for Facturday and I really hope this is true because it might be my favourite fact.
Apparently the British Navy play Britney Spears songs to get pirates to leave the east coast of Africa.
I’m going to believe that one, it’s too good to not be true (because that’s how facts work!).

I have a daft question for you all. Is Schitts Creek worth watching?
I keep seeing gifs of it on the MT and it looks fun, and on a shallow note, I’ve just watched Russian Doll series 2 and thought Annie Murphy was so beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A thousand times yes. I just watched it all through for the second time.

Best wishes, warmest regards ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m going to believe that one, it’s too good to not be true (because that’s how facts work!).

I keep seeing gifs of it on the MT and it looks fun, and on a shallow note, I’ve just watched Russian Doll series 2 and thought Annie Murphy was so beautiful.
It’s definitely worth watching it’s amazing

• Heart
Mr Soapy D and I visited Newby Hall gardens yesterday. It felt a bit momentous as it's the first time we've done something like this since the start of the pandemic. It's not far from us and as Historic Houses members we can visit the gardens for free. The rhodedendrons were still pretty good and the smell of box filled the air. Hardly anyone was there, the sun came out and I felt a little calmed and soothed. :)
The labernum pergola is always a joy!

20220527_154723.jpg

20220527_154701.jpg
20220527_154743.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Shitts Creek is the best thing I have watch for a long long time 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You are also very right Tunnelly. Our life circumstances have dramatically changed and we have to change and accept our perceptions of what we're realistically capable of now. I always appreciate hearing your point of view, you are very astute, dear heart.

I'm occasionally showing ignored content on the MT and the main me-railing offender is still there, me-railing away but is now putting them under spoilers saying 'me-rail'. If you've got the presence of mind to know it's not relevant then don't post it! I don't mind it when it's relevant, like responding to her trivialising depression and eating disorders or substance abuse recovery but if you show up solely to talk about yourself that's different. Most people are doing tasteful (for lack of a better word) me-rails. I feel like I keep needing to state there's nobody here who I've ever rolled my eyes at on the MT. There are also so many posts just saying the same things over and over as if nobody's bothered reading even the previous five pages before posting. That massive chaos was a blessing and a curse. Also we still miss you Silver ❤
Yes to first paragraph! Sorry for derailing the current discussion but exactly that and I love the posh p-words tunnel used to describe attitudes to work and physical health.
It’s true, life changes and people change and things happen and we’d never ever ever expect someone to work through or despite xyz but we expect it of ourselves and it’s unreasonable and unkind to you. I’m still young-ish and have been lucky (because in all honesty it is just luck and various privileges that have allowed me access to opportunities - which is another thing to consider in all this stupid stuff!) enough to have a “good” career and done things the “right way” as we’re taught/indoctrinated from young and duck me it’s been awful. I won’t get into it but duck me it’s been bad. Like I wonder how many ppl stop and think is the juice worth the squeeze? This isn’t a middle class ✌eat pray love✌ go teach toe yoga in a sobriety retreat in Thailand moment ala Gizzi Erskine but I think it applies to a lot of things. Maybe this is why people have midlife crises?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Soapy D that's gorgeous! I'm lucky enough to live in the outer east with lots of trees and near the hills. My step dad lives near a place called Umpherston Sinkhole, ugly name but it's a riot of colour and beauty in spring.
I always have to say it slowly.
"Dad, may we visit Um-pher-ston?"
"You mean Humperdinck Stinkhole? Yeah, get in the car, lovey"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
You know when you are reminded of an image (which incidentally comes with an amazing song) that is just everything?
69B1ACBB-02C1-499F-AFB7-42F951FABE10.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.