Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The MT is usually so open for discussion and polite disagreement.. throwing around armchair diagnosis has been spoken about loads but i was attempting to moderate!? Thats a bit tit, tbh. Everyone is usually mindful of what theyre posting. Lately its a neverending me-rail on there.
Tbh posts like this upset me :( . All that's happened is a short post was taken down because it was worded in a tone police way "Can we not...". Better to say your view without these words. No warning or telling off was issued, just a post taken down with the reason why.

I'd of thought it's good that mods apply the rules consistently regardless of if they agree with a post or not?

I don't think it's hit or miss - anything that attempts to say what should or shouldn't be posted has always been treated the same way. The me rails are totally different thing that we're trying our best to deal with.

It's a tad disappointing when the conversation is complaining about mods with all the stuff mods have to deal with every day. Not that it's fair for me to expect everyone to understand when they've not been in our position and aren't fully aware of what happened. We always try our best despite the impossible position to keep threads running well for the 100s of people that thread them. โค

• Heart
Reactions: 39
There's some "wisdom" out there that says remember what you loved doing at 7 (or 8, or something) and do that again. Sound advice, for me at least
I can't remember that far back. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think I've missed something but hope I've not been adding to the merails and OT stuff.

@Sideboard Bob you were spot on and I'm glad you spoke up. I'm incredibly shy and find it difficult to open up so it takes a good 'un to get me going. Oops, forgot about spoilers!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Tbh posts like this upset me :( . All that's happened is a short post was taken down because it was worded in a tone police way "Can we not...". Better to say your view without these words. No warning or telling off was issued, just a post taken down with the reason why.

I'd of thought it's good that mods apply the rules consistently regardless of if they agree with a post or not?

I don't think it's hit or miss - anything that attempts to say what should or shouldn't be posted has always been treated the same way. The me rails are totally different thing that we're trying our best to deal with.

It's a tad disappointing when the conversation is complaining about mods with all the stuff mods have to deal with every day. Not that it's fair for me to expect everyone to understand when they've not been in our position and aren't fully aware of what happened. We always try our best despite the impossible position to keep threads running well for the 100s of people that thread them. โค
I really didn't mean it as mod-moan! Sorry it came across like that. I didnt mean to tone-police either, I guess like others, i get triggered by some stuff on there and that particular topic had been discussed before so I didnt think my post was any different so it took me back a bit. I appreciate I am being sensitive over it lol, and then having no right to reply most of the time, it throws you off!

It honestly wasnt meant as a mod-moan x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
No worries, you certainly didn't mean any bad intentions. I hate replying to these things (I get enough hate mail from certain threads on tattle ๐Ÿ˜ณ) but did want to clear up what happened and explain any confusion.

You do have the right to reply in forum support - a mod would have probably said it's better to just leave out the "Can we not" because it quickly gets messy.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
No worries, you certainly didn't mean any bad intentions. I hate replying to these things (I get enough hate mail from certain threads on tattle ๐Ÿ˜ณ) but did want to clear up what happened.

You do have the right to reply in forum support - a mod would have probably said it's better to just leave out the "Can we not" because it quickly gets messy.
Yeah i understand it could have read that way! Defo no hate mail here ๐Ÿ˜‚ x

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yeah i understand it could have read that way! Defo no hate mail here ๐Ÿ˜‚ x
Sorry I know this has been resolved which is lovely, but if itโ€™s any consolation Iโ€™m just a snake that reports tit so donโ€™t run into these problems but do agree with what Iโ€™m guessing your point was as did a cheeky report last night as even with use of the ignore button the thread is becoming SO off topic. Also rarely check my notifications so donโ€™t know if Iโ€™ve ever been told off

Omg wanted the lizard hehehe gif but got our beloved Harold instead!

Ps TS and tunnel will reply l8r sorry, day from hell with a husband with broken ribs ๐Ÿ˜ฌ send ibuprofenios!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
@heretoreaditall2019 โค

Guys.. how do you stop becoming bitter? Seriously. I have spent so long now being skint, nothing to show for hard work, no 'luxuries', no holidays etc.. and I can feel myself turning bitter about others doing well. I hate that, I dont want to be that person but I'm finding I cant even be happy for friends atm, because it all feels so unfair ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Its another Saturday of pure overwhelm!! I have so much to do and not enough time to do it all. Scrolling instagram instead, and cannot wait for @Melizcooks book to come out!! ๐Ÿ˜
I'm waiting for this too, was hoping for a while she'd release a book ๐Ÿ˜Š

With the me-rails on the MT, I think all of us do this sometimes, but usually to compare and contrast to JM, to illustrate a point that's relevant to the JM conversation. And it is nice to share a little of ourselves with each other, albeit under the cloak of mendacious anonymity. It gets a bit wearing though when people seem to post a constant stream of them, and that's when I find myself skim reading or skipping bits. Agree that the tone has probably shifted a bit at the mo due to JM being extra challenging at the moment. Be nice if she took another extended break tbh!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Neither, my first memory of something I was obsessed with was Spice Girls when I was 9or 10 :ROFLMAO: , seemingly my life was meaningless before then :ROFLMAO:
Mine was Eartha Kitt and Petula Clarke. And I was quite a bit older than 7 or 8. No wonder it was no surprise when I came out.

Shall we form a Spice Girls tribute band?
I could be Old Spice. ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Mine was Eartha Kitt and Petula Clarke. And I was quite a bit older than 7 or 8. No wonder it was no surprise when I came out.

Kylie Minogue for me. Again my family were not shocked.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

would you dress up as the cologne bottle or..? :ROFLMAO: Either way great, we probably need more than 5 roles seeing the interest here :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Neither, my first memory of something I was obsessed with was Spice Girls when I was 9or 10 :ROFLMAO: , seemingly my life was meaningless before then :ROFLMAO:
Adam and the Ants for me. :oops: No, I didn't do the face thing but always fond of a frilly shirt and a frock coat. Progressed to Japan and Culture Club a few years later.
Shall we form a Spice Girls tribute band?
Possible Sporty (with a dodgy knee) Spice over here. ๐Ÿ‘‹

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Count me in for the Spice Girls tribute band! Girl power!! โœŒ๐Ÿป

Check out this video at around 50 seconds in. Theyโ€™re singing Viva Forver with Pavarotti, and Mel B and Victoria get the giggles when he starts singing.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.