Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to add it to a new thread recently, went to the old one but couldn’t find it
Just copy the one off the last thread and overtype on it. I mean it doesn’t have to be actually accurate, it’s just a laugh. Nice to have a few top picks at the start for posterity.

Reactions: 9
I went to add it to a new thread recently, went to the old one but couldn’t find it
In the last thread, Jack spent a lot of money

She bought to add to the piles of unused tat in the crappy bungalow.

She cooked a disgusting plate of

She told an improbable anecdote about

She blamed her awful personality on

She did/did not (delete as applicable)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
In the last thread, Jack spent a lot of money

She bought to add to the piles of unused tat in the crappy bungalow.

She cooked a disgusting plate of

She told an improbable anecdote about

She blamed her awful personality on

She did/did not (delete as applicable)
Thank(space)you copied and pasted

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Starting threads is a bit daunting, especially if the hovel witch is on a mad one and there's a thread a day but it's actually quite easy although I still have absolutely no idea how Poca managed to do all her recaps. That was truly next level dedication, dear heart.

I always feel like a proper dimwit every time it's hinted that there's a poster who isn't what they appear and I have no idea who it is. I don't want to be interacting with people like that and I hate that I'm now suspicious of everyone. Feel like pure tit, just want Eamonn's cousin and the ethnic furniture back 😭
Ah, thank you! ❤ I (obviously) loved doing the recaps. I was seriously nerdy in my approach though - taking notes, making bookmarks, etc. - I wouldn’t expect anyone else to devote such an amount of time and effort to it 😂 but yep - when the hovel witch is cackling on overdrive, you kind of feel like an old timey reporter pushing their typewriter carriage across with a bling! trying to make copy deadline 😂

Anyway - your recaps when you’ve done them are always funny, as are you. The main thing is the actual making of the new thread, hey. It’s pretty simple and doesn’t need to be a big ceremony.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I want the taxi driver back 😥

If it’s who I think it is, don’t worry, they don‘t post very often. If they post again, I’ll report them, explain why, and leave it in the capable hands of our lovely mods.
Ha, the taxi driver. He’ll be cleaning his boot out ready for Jack’s midnight Easter egg delivery.

ETA: @traumatised sideboard - It’s never possible to tell who someone really is on the Internet. The buzz of camaraderie can cloud judgement, but take comfort in the good nature of most people. We’re all anonymous, but I’d hope on the whole decent - just trust your instincts and believe in your bullshit detector. And the report button’s there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Ha, the taxi driver. He’ll be cleaning his boot out ready for Jack’s midnight Easter egg delivery.

ETA: @traumatised sideboard - It’s never possible to tell who someone really is on the Internet. The buzz of camaraderie can cloud judgement, but take comfort in the good nature of most people. We’re all anonymous, but I’d hope on the whole decent - just trust your instincts and believe in your bullshit detector. And the report button’s there.
TS I’m exactly the same and it worries me! I like what Poca said about just having faith in people being who/what they say they are though? Like outside of this situation (which full disclaimer I can’t bring myself to read or try to understand cos selfishly I can’t sit with the discomfort of it all, sorry) there are some things that make you think twice but largely I love the little peep hole you get into total strangers’ lives? Like the cookalongs and hearing about ppl’s weekend takeaways here and I love when you hear parents talk about stuff their SB/SGs do. Even the “bad” stuff like hospital trips or paperwork or grief. Like it’s a weird form of intimacy that is just nice to feel connected to other humans after a time where that was all destroyed?

Sorry this is too deep and I do have IRL friends I promise but there was an article someone wrote about the people that just disappeared from your life in the pandemic like colleagues you’d chat to at the kettle or ppl working in coffee shops/food stalls you’d chat to regularly and it really resonated because pre pandemic I’d spend a lot of my evenings alone so often that’d be my only IRL social contact for the day so having tattle to replace that has been a godsend. God only knows if we’d have ended up on YouTube or Facebook we’d all be alt right by now, or influencers 😂 but tl;dr grateful for tattle’s online community and a safe space where lonely gals/guys can just hang out ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I know this is exactly what a person would say who wasn’t who they say they are but I’m real. I mean okay I admit I’m not Elmo but in a strange sort of way I do class you as friends I know I don’t actually know you but people on Tattle have actually been more supportive towards me than some IRL people and that will always mean a lot to me. For a group of evil trolls you’re quite a lovely and supportive bunch.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Everyone knows I’m real here. Y’all seen my body and my big Tayto head. I love this corner of the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
As always, you put it so well. I’m sorry for my part in upsetting anyone, got a bit truthy - and I really do miss posting in this thread regularly, we were the OG Food and Drinkers, god dammit! Who can forget our weird and wonderful ride through the vortex of the Downing Street love parade?!

We’re all just people trying to connect with each other, and these nice corners of Tattle are so valuable for fostering those feelings of community that have been lost, not just through the pandemic, but just life.
The Downing Street love fest is still going on in a very quiet corner of Tattle where no one can be traumatised by accidentally stumbling across the thread!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I’ve changed jobs recently so not been posting as much but I like reading all the little snippets of everyones lives. We’re such a lovely supportive bunch here that the wronguns tend to be picked out pretty quickly.

I remember the big Downing Street merge as I tried to work out what was going like

edit - wronguns sounds like such a Jack word sorry 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Omg how did we even get merged in with those guys? How many of the Downing Street horn fest moved over to the Jack Grealish threads? Those titles make me blush, do you have to do any cleaning up over there @Pocahontas ? It must be like Sticky Stu’s lair 😳

ps please don’t apologise! I wasn’t dismissing your posts at all, just as an old timer who was privileged enough to enjoy iconic lols with all parties involved felt obligated to say *something* even if it is sorry for preferring to remain ignorant x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m a very newcomer to the food and drink thread, I took a huge break from the MT because of personal stuff and I don’t share a huge amount of myself on here , instead making terrible jokes and memes, but I would like to assure you that I am as much as an idiot in real life as I am here . And on that note,
49113AD5-5800-45D2-AE61-B7A83AA90108.jpeg

❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Omg how did we even get merged in with those guys? How many of the Downing Street horn fest moved over to the Jack Grealish threads? Those titles make me blush, do you have to do any cleaning up over there @Pocahontas ? It must be like Sticky Stu’s lair 😳

ps please don’t apologise! I wasn’t dismissing your posts at all, just as an old timer who was privileged enough to enjoy iconic lols with all parties involved felt obligated to say *something* even if it is sorry for preferring to remain ignorant x
There’s a fair bit of cleaning up from time to time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Ahh I'd forgotten about the downing street merge, what a wild confusing ride that was 🤣

ETA agree with others about this being a lovely community, everyone is so supportive and kind to each other, I love seeing snapshots of people's IRL lives/pets/dinners etc too. Oh and facturday of course!

• Heart
  • Haha
Obviously I really am a sideboard. I keep wanting to ask for a name change on the NO NAME CHANGES EVER AGAIN thread because it's my real name as a joke but then I worry that a bored mischievous mod will take me seriously and they'll rename me something (even more) daft, like Bum Mints.

Anyway, if you're all knobs you're doing a very good job of hiding it so I won't be too upset with myself for not twigging. I do still live in the hope that one of you is the taxi driver though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I really am a Mother of MCs, much to my chagrin some days. I regret choosing 'mama' as part of my name and sometimes wish I'd gone with 'AliasCrackFox' which was my original thought.
I do love being part of the Cabal, daggy name and all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
My sisters and I are nothing but a lab experiment gone wrong.

Can a clone be real?
Only in the best books, films and tv series.
(I loved the first series of Orphan Black but for some reason forgot to keep watching it)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yup, not going to do something like that. Haven’t been around anyone other than Mrs T and students for over 2 years and definitely don’t know what would happen if I saw her in RL. Probably faint.

In the final scene of the final episode of this series, she looks at the camera and smiles. OMG. I just melted. Butterflies just thinking about that scene now.

Liverpool sounds fab for eateries.
Just to momentarily go back to this…used to regularly, years ago see Nicola Walker on the tube - this would have been Spooks era I think. Assume she got on a few stops ahead of me. She must have thought I was a complete weirdo at first as I used to recognise her but couldn’t immediately place her so probably looked at her way more than is considered normal before my brain connected the dots.

She was always so lovely to anyone who recognised her but otherwise was just another commuter, albeit often reading a script!

Think HTRIA mentioned play doh. Urgh I can’t stand shop brought play doh - the smell is so yuck (to me) as is the texture. My mum used to make it when I was a kid and I can still smell it now - in a fond memory type of way.

I can only echo what others have already said @Silver Linings - hope you come back if you feel able to do so. Will miss your SS and wise words.

Poca - I love it when you tell us off for being naughty and often have a mental bet with myself as to when we’ll be told to calm down/stop posting certain things 😂.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.