Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning Fraus! Hope everyone is doing well this weekend. Here are some puppies, one of them will be mine in approx. 8 weeks! View attachment 1181498
You will be so happy! I'm so happy for you!

I hope ScoMo gets turfed out on his misogynistic arse, @Cookiecookie. He's the first PM in my life that's been younger than me. Only by a year, but it's still startling and weird. He handles almost everything so badly and is so bland the rest of the world has no clue who he is. Bob Hawke had his faults but at least he had charisma.
I'm ready, @Cookiecookie and @MaineCoonMama

🔺️🔺️with river pics, floods and all, I've been unsubtle about my broad location. I live in the most marginal federal seat in the country! It's the Macquarie electorate, held by the ALP by a whisker in spite of a brilliant MP.

I'm on my feet ready for campaigning on her behalf. I'm hoping to arrange a "Ponies say vote for Susan Templeman" morning locally.

Attended a politics in the pub Albo and Templeman sesh a few weeks ago. Albo's ready, by my reckoning.

Let's blow Scomo! Well, unless you vote LNP or other, in which case I respect your democratic right and won't trouble you with lengthy submissions, and won't suggest a coffee meet in Darwin for Aussie Tattlers!

I have to say I had noticed on twitter that our planetary ‘friend’ was being mean about SL and found it quite confusing….I thought he was on ‘our’ side. @Silver Linings thank you for all you’ve done with the screenshotting, for what it’s worth I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong x
That person confuses me, too. And the writing style is nearly as bad as Jack's.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
@Silver Linings So sorry you're going through this. Will miss you.
I've become aware of a Twitter presence recently but didn't know it came from here. Done a bit of digging tonight. Blimey, what a big baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have not, however someone has already told me it’s meant to be really good.

Is that Rough bakery at the dock the one that used to be on the bridge at Penny Lane? If so, I think I’ve eaten a lot of their spinach pies and dulce du leche pastries and they were amaze.

I’m hearing good things about Butterholics as well. I’m possibly planning a trip up soon and have been researching!!!
I didn’t know Rough Hand Made used to be at Penny Lane! Their ddl croissants are so good, but they’re MASSIVE and I have no self control so still manage to hoover the whole thing in seconds.
Butterholics are really lovely too; I had one of their cruffin things the other day at Crosby Coffee and it was 👌🏼
There aren’t many places over this way (🔺 Crosby/Waterloo) who stock his stuff so it’s always a treat to find it.

i think @Universal mentioned further along this thread about veggie places to eat in Liverpool and I’m here for all of that chat.
I think it’s a great city for vegetarians and have never struggled to find a lovely meal.
Sanskruti Indian restaurant is one of my faves (controversial perhaps but Mowgli really doesn’t float my boat at all - thoughts, Liverpool fraus?)
Buyers Club has delicious food, I wish Pen Factory had a better veggie selection as I really love it in there.
I could go on and on, but would love to hear from others.

And, like everyone else, very sad to see @Silver Linings comment. Wasn’t on the MT much at all yesterday so don’t know what happened, but always found her comments to be tip top.

• Heart
I just want to say thank you to those who have provided receipts this evening in light of what has happened today and to help Marm out. I was Dino napping but will endeavour to do the same (I deleted my Twitter account because of 🔺). Nitter it is.

As others have said receipts are the backbone of our thread.

Hotes. Go Hotes. Take everything and everyone down with you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Hi friends. Just a heads up as I know flouncing/airport departure posts are against the rules on the main threads so I thought i’d pop on this thread to say I won’t be posting anymore. I’ll keep my account so that I can still read but I didn’t want anyone to worry where I was, if that’s not arrogant to assume.

So, the MT is now Silver free and can be used by everyone and threads started by anyone without being negatively affected by me.

Love to you all. ❤❤❤
Hi Silver. I’m so sorry you’re feeling like this. I feel like this is in part my fault for ss something yesterday. I had no idea and only probed when my post disappeared. It’s my lack of diligence to blame. I’ve now done some digging and can see. If I’ve in any way made the situation worse, I’m sorry. That would never be my intention. You are such a big part of the threads. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just wanted to add my love for Silver - always the voice of reason and empathy. Take care and thank you for putting the hours in.

@Lazarus love all of those places but will add Maray to the list too, I think I have previously raved about the Disco cauliflower on here!

Love your good news Hotes you've had a tough time and you deserve some positivity.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I am running late to walk my dog, and I’m probably sticking my big hooter in where it isn’t needed but I’ve grunked through the MT; I can’t see any mention of anything untoward which suggests comments have been removed, but could someone tell me what happened that made our precious silver leave?

and also @Universal agree re Maray, though last few times I’ve been, the disco cauliflower has literally reduced in size by about half.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The hilarious thing is he never left to fight the good fight on Twitter as he’d have people believe. Within days he was back as Montrachet. After that he came back again and is currently posting among us like he has done constantly under a new name, that’s blatantly obvious once you recognise the onerous over-wrought desperate for likes style 😂. Absolute bored little incel!

To add you’ll perhaps have noticed he tried this with me as well for some reason, no idea why maybe it’s when people - nay, women - seem popular? I just feel sorry for someone for whom online bullying passes for a hobby tbh!
I don’t like the thought of him still being among us and posting on the MT. Genuinely stumped at who it might be. 😕

• Heart
I just avoid all new posters 😂 Only partly joking.

Tend to be suspicious of everyone (funnily enough a bit of a consequence of the type of work I do) so don't really engage with posters I haven't seen around the thread on the reg.

As an aside, I can step in and create MTs in future if needed. Finish my latest contract soon so I will for sure have the time ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am running late to walk my dog, and I’m probably sticking my big hooter in where it isn’t needed but I’ve grunked through the MT; I can’t see any mention of anything untoward which suggests comments have been removed, but could someone tell me what happened that made our precious silver leave?

and also @Universal agree re Maray, though last few times I’ve been, the disco cauliflower has literally reduced in size by about half.
Any screenshots or mentions of Twitter accounts (and other accounts outside of Tattle) of banned members from here are usually reported and / or removed once a mod has managed to grunk. The threads on this site aren’t here to advertise banned members / people looking for clout, regardless of how they’re thought of. Plus, it’s best not to promote anyone who speaks negatively about the site and / or its members here. I know not everyone is aware of all this, or who are banned members, but I do try to explain when deleting.

So, a screenshot was posted here and then removed via moderation, which bizarrely led to Silver being targeted on Twitter. I guess she was understandably upset. I think most would agree that any and all screenshots of Jack’s many contradictions and half truths are important to the thread, especially seeing as Jack deletes so many of them almost as soon as she posts them. Hope this clears
some stuff up, but I’m v aware of this being read, screenshot and used to make a point so 🥴 don’t want to add to the drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I just avoid all new posters 😂 Only partly joking.

Tend to be suspicious of everyone (funnily enough a bit of a consequence of the type of work I do) so don't really engage with posters I haven't seen around the thread on the reg.

As an aside, I can step in and create MTs in future if needed. Finish my latest contract soon so I will for sure have the time ☺
😂 you make some good points.

If you decide to have a go, just treat making a new thread the same as directing a series - if you can do that, you can’t do anything 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I think the best thing we can all do is to block him on twitter. Starve him of the oxygen. The mods can sort it all on tattle, to the best of their abilities, and twitter's the only place he can really start any drama but he'll be screaming into a void if no one pays the slightest attention. It's not like he's uncovering anything we don't already know re. Jack and the mother thread, he's just doing this to attempt to stick a wedge into our wee community, so we shouldn't let him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
From what I’ve gleaned from the recent nonsense he seems to be harassing a new mother in the strange misapprehension she’s Jack. Possibly has some problems we aren’t aware of it’s sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Wow, really sorry Silver is stepping back. But I understand.
I look at that account on Twitter occasionally and it really changed tack last year. I admit half the posts go over my head - I am a very basic & straightforward person, I initially take everything at face value. I have avoided comment on some posters here, I'll just back away for a few days if I don't like the tone.
I don't have any issue with moderation, it's not my site so not up to me what is / isn't allowed. If you disagree, start your own forum. I've been on cycling forums with more heavy handed mods!

Shall try and get a picture of the grey idiot later to lighten the mood. I love refreshing this thread and seeing all the four-leggeds. So many happy, gorgeous pets.

• Heart
Wow, really sorry Silver is stepping back. But I understand.
I look at that account on Twitter occasionally and it really changed tack last year. I admit half the posts go over my head - I am a very basic & straightforward person, I initially take everything at face value. I have avoided comment on some posters here, I'll just back away for a few days if I don't like the tone.
I don't have any issue with moderation, it's not my site so not up to me what is / isn't allowed. If you disagree, start your own forum. I've been on cycling forums with more heavy handed mods!

Shall try and get a picture of the grey idiot later to lighten the mood. I love refreshing this thread and seeing all the four-leggeds. So many happy, gorgeous pets.
Kebab girl I will never get over your human skeleton in a box 😭 but loved what you said re tone of posters, now we are ~always online~ I always feel like it’s easy to forget you can step away, unfollow, choose not to listen to it. Like yesterday I fast forwarded a birth scene in real housewives and was like omg how empowering choosing not to view something that’ll make me anxious 😂

I know it’s just the internet but tattle is my anxiety safe haven so I’m grateful for the threads, you guys, and the mods keeping us safe. This is defs tragic but the last 2+ years have been the loneliest of my life tbh but tattle has been such a lovely community to get to be a part of ❤ Also Harold has had me crying actual tears of laughter people here are insane comedic writers.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
If you sc

Kebab girl I will never get over your human skeleton in a box 😭 but loved what you said re tone of posters, now we are ~always online~ I always feel like it’s easy to forget you can step away, unfollow, choose not to listen to it. Like yesterday I fast forwarded a birth scene in real housewives and was like omg how empowering choosing not to view something that’ll make me anxious 😂

I know it’s just the internet but tattle is my anxiety safe haven so I’m grateful for the threads, you guys, and the mods keeping us safe. This is defs tragic but the last 2+ years have been the loneliest of my life tbh but tattle has been such a lovely community to get to be a part of ❤ Also Harold has had me crying actual tears of laughter people here are insane comedic writers.
Human skelly in a box?! Whaaaa?

Harold doesn’t have to be banished foreverrrrrr. Just not posted five times a page, ya know? 😬😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Human skelly in a box?! Whaaaa?

Harold doesn’t have to be banished foreverrrrrr. Just not posted five times a page, ya know? 😬😂
I remember in the early days of the MT and we got told off for posting GIFS!

Also, Poca, do you remember when you sang to us?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.