Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't want to derail the main thread.

Just wanted to say a massive congratulations to @Emmapism on getting the job! Woooooooo!!!! Well done! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Got the call to say I got the job 😁 Start in a couple weeks. Thanks cabal for all of the positive thoughts, they obviously worked!

So if I go quiet soonish, it will be because of all of the 20 hour days 😏
Congratulations 🥳 Make sure you add in at least 12 hours of PAID recovery time after any 20 hour days. Heck, why not add in a day after each normal length day? You deserve it, dear heart ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Got the call to say I got the job 😁 Start in a couple weeks. Thanks cabal for all of the positive thoughts, they obviously worked!

So if I go quiet soonish, it will be because of all of the 20 hour days 😏
Yay congratulations 👏- the cabal needs celebration hats 👒

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Congrats @Emmapism - you are the telly production Frau aren’t you?
Yes indeed I am! Thanks all for lovely wishes. Really thankful for this gig.

Last year I deliberately took less work (as I'm paid well and a relatively frugal Frau, that was an option) but the last couple of months without work was NOT a choice 😂 so I'm very glad of it.

I will be champagne owling it this weekend for sure

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Last year I deliberately took less work (as I'm paid well and a relatively frugal Frau, that was an option) but the last couple of months without work was NOT a choice 😂 so I'm very glad of it.

Congratulations @Emmapism 🎉 So happy for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I made a pretend cranachan tonight, it was so good. Tin of sad mixed berries, three tablespoons of Waitrose salted caramel and ginger granola, half a small carton of double cream (whipped by hand), the dregs of a jar of blueberry jam and a dessert spoon of Highland Park, all mixed together.

I think you're meant to have more whisky than that but actually it was just right for me. Only added it on a whim because of the ginger and it set it off a treat, but didn't really need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Congrats! 🥳🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Morning all. Just.

Windy as here. Mrs T and I are marking endless papers so half term doesn’t seem very holiday like at the moment. I am getting paid in coffees I am told.

So, it is half term, MFP is still on the phone, I have been secretly training for a marathon and today after a big chat we have decided that we can just afford to pay for me to go and see someone about the food issues. I am bored with it being on my mind, with it ruling everything and the thought of us going on holiday potentially being spoiled by me taking every calorie with me. Unfortunately, having done psychology for >20 years and in 2 masters degrees means I can be a twit but I need this to end.

Sorry to be a broken record. Hope everyone is surviving the weather.

I made a courgette and lemon drizzle cake. It looks nice .

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Morning all. Just.

Windy as here. Mrs T and I are marking endless papers so half term doesn’t seem very holiday like at the moment. I am getting paid in coffees I am told.

So, it is half term, MFP is still on the phone, I have been secretly training for a marathon and today after a big chat we have decided that we can just afford to pay for me to go and see someone about the food issues. I am bored with it being on my mind, with it ruling everything and the thought of us going on holiday potentially being spoiled by me taking every calorie with me. Unfortunately, having done psychology for >20 years and in 2 masters degrees means I can be a twit but I need this to end.

Sorry to be a broken record. Hope everyone is surviving the weather.

I made a courgette and lemon drizzle cake. It looks nice .
I wish you all the best, I don't have food issues but I've suffered from addictions of some kind since I was 15. Life isn't easy, is it? 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hugs to you, @Into_the_tunnel I hope you find it helpful.

I had a first meeting with a counsellor yesterday to try and get a grip on a 40-year habit of occasional binge eating which is getting more and more of a regular occurrence. Doing six sessions to start with and then seeing where we are at that point.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hugs to you, @Into_the_tunnel I hope you find it helpful.

I had a first meeting with a counsellor yesterday to try and get a grip on a 40-year habit of occasional binge eating which is getting more and more of a regular occurrence. Doing six sessions to start with and then seeing where we are at that point.
Sending hopeful thoughts.

It feels like a big step and here is really the only place I have spoken freely. You all feel so welcoming.

If you feel you can, let us know how you get on.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I bought tinned alphonso mangoes because I'd never seen them before and they're pure 100% mango. Now I'm not sure what to do with them?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.