Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought tinned alphonso mangoes because I'd never seen them before and they're pure 100% mango. Now I'm not sure what to do with them?
Chuck 'em in a bullet blender, then bung 'em in a curry. x

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I bought tinned alphonso mangoes because I'd never seen them before and they're pure 100% mango. Now I'm not sure what to do with them?
You could make a lassi. Or a salsa, Also are tasty with lime juice squeezed over them.

Reactions: 11
I want to blame @Wooh for this but it's entirely my own fault. A crime has been committed. Actually two crimes - that's a hummus curry. It sounds rank but I promise it's actually good - it's a BOSH! recipe. While I'm at it I might as well admit that I agree with Tunnel and microwaving jacket spuds is totally acceptable. It's how I used to cook them when I was a student and I'd still be doing it if I had a microwave. I'm going to have to change my name and go on the run now.

a crime.jpg

I hope you find it helpful @Into_the_tunnel and @Falkor good luck on the road ahead ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
@Falkor had a thought, would a drone operated camera help you locate the girls?
Possibly, but more likely they'd leg it before it could get close enough to see the flock mark on their backs! There are two other flocks they mix with fairly frequently, they're almost certainly with one of those and I'll see them when those flocks get brought in for lambing in a few weeks' time :)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I want to blame @Wooh for this but it's entirely my own fault. A crime has been committed. Actually two crimes - that's a hummus curry. It sounds rank but I promise it's actually good - it's a BOSH! recipe. While I'm at it I might as well admit that I agree with Tunnel and microwaving jacket spuds is totally acceptable. It's how I used to cook them when I was a student and I'd still be doing it if I had a microwave. I'm going to have to change my name and go on the run now.

View attachment 1082862

I hope you find it helpful @Into_the_tunnel and @Falkor good luck on the road ahead ❤
That looks delicious!

Good, happy thoughts for @Into_the_tunnel & @Falkor ❤ you've done the hardest first step, you are both so strong xxxxxxxxx

• Heart
Hello!! Just catching up with you all on 11 pages of fun, the MT thread is ridiculous (Jack, not other people!!) so settling into my luxury holiday home of a thread in F&D! ❤

• Heart
Thank you for kind thoughts.

Just watched the Boeing thing on Netflix. Heartbreaking, as these things so often are, but was really informative and had the Sully guy from the Hudson landing on.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
@Into_the_tunnel and @Falkor good luck. I need to start similar but it'll be next year before I do - I've set myself an annual goal for the last couple of years and have proved to myself I can sort myself out but only if I deal with one thing at a time.

• Heart
they are good for smoothies, very sweet though!

Reactions: 9
Hi lads hope you are all cool as a fool in a swimming pool (auto carroted to poor, appropriately). I had to step back from the mother thread due to it doing my head in, seriously I was getting a massive rage headache particularly around the patreon shite. The unfairness of her grifting & earning payed media spots over her fabricated tale of poverty as opposed to people living in that situation in the here & now ... anyway. Also the pratchett bollocks didn't help in the least as his books are a huge part of my life and it felt like she had begrimed my history. And stay the duck away from my bridge Jack! Just wanted to say hello and big love to all the delightful fraus , because once we've met?... that's Amore xx

Oh and to stay on topic i have made a lovely tea of swedish meatballs (the sainsbos ones, not ikea) with onion carrot and leeks in a gravy enriched with bovril, daddies sauce and thyme with mashed potatoes (proper spuds with butter & cream, salt and pobp) and green vegetables. Really nice and about £5 at the most in total for 3 greedy adults x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Hi lads hope you are all cool as a fool in a swimming pool (auto carroted to poor, appropriately). I had to step back from the mother thread due to it doing my head in, seriously I was getting a massive rage headache particularly around the patreon shite. The unfairness of her grifting & earning payed media spots over her fabricated tale of poverty as opposed to people living in that situation in the here & now ... anyway. Also the pratchett bollocks didn't help in the least as his books are a huge part of my life and it felt like she had begrimed my history. And stay the duck away from my bridge Jack! Just wanted to say hello and big love to all the delightful fraus , because once we've met?... that's Amore xx

Oh and to stay on topic i have made a lovely tea of swedish meatballs (the sainsbos ones, not ikea) with onion carrot and leeks in a gravy enriched with bovril, daddies sauce and thyme with mashed potatoes (proper spuds with butter & cream, salt and pobp) and green vegetables. Really nice and about £5 at the most in total for 3 greedy adults x
Big love to you too! It’s a great idea to take a step back from the MT, totally understand. I keep meaning to say, I LOVE how protective you are of your bridge, it really is lovely.

• Heart
Just wanted to chime in and recommend a film. It's called 'The Program' and it's about how Lance Armstrong was a cheating bastard, (really accurate too by all accounts.)

It's just a good story of a grifter getting caught out, and how he got away with it for so long. Worth a watch. (I don't even like cycling lol.)

• Wow
  • Heart

View attachment 1082862

Christ how much of that purple cauliflower is there left to go Sidey T?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Just wanted to chime in and recommend a film. It's called 'The Program' and it's about how Lance Armstrong was a cheating bastard, (really accurate too by all accounts.)

It's just a good story of a grifter getting caught out, and how he got away with it for so long. Worth a watch. (I don't even like cycling lol.)
We are total Lance programme fans (not Lance fans) in this house. I mean we watch anything to do with the Tour, with Lance, with his downfall etc.

Is he different to Anna/Simon? He had definitely had talent and deserved to be on that scene and even maybe could have won the Tour once but not been so dominant. Messes with the mind this stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We are total Lance programme fans (not Lance fans) in this house. I mean we watch anything to do with the Tour, with Lance, with his downfall etc.

Is he different to Anna/Simon? He had definitely had talent and deserved to be on that scene and even maybe could have won the Tour once but not been so dominant. Messes with the mind this stuff.
I think he's different as, like you say, he had the talent. He just got greedy. I'm listening to a podcast about a chemist called Annie Dookhen who was exceptional in her field, she started working at a state crime lab in the US testing drug samples. She got it into her head that she had to be the best and fastest, clearing the most samples and ended up shooting herself in the foot by not even testing, just claiming that she was.
One poor guy was sent to jail for selling a tiny piece of cashew nut to an under cover cop-apparently crack cocaine looks very much like broken cashews! She claimed it was crack, not cashew.
The series has just started but I'm already invested, I just love stories like this. FyreFest is another one that had me gripped.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I think he's different as, like you say, he had the talent. He just got greedy. I'm listening to a podcast about a chemist called Annie Dookhen who was exceptional in her field, she started working at a state crime lab in the US testing drug samples. She got it into her head that she had to be the best and fastest, clearing the most samples and ended up shooting herself in the foot by not even testing, just claiming that she was.
One poor guy was sent to jail for selling a tiny piece of cashew nut to an under cover cop-apparently crack cocaine looks very much like broken cashews! She claimed it was crack, not cashew.
The series has just started but I'm already invested, I just love stories like this. FyreFest is another one that had me gripped.
Loved that Fyrefest people knew Anna (if they did or whether that was more of the Netflix make up stuff). Birds of a feather and all that!

Will look up that podcast. Forever searching for the next Serial and S-Town…

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.