Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loved that Fyrefest people knew Anna (if they did or whether that was more of the Netflix make up stuff). Birds of a feather and all that!

Will look up that podcast. Forever searching for the next Serial and S-Town…
It's called American Scandal, I'm listening to the Hare Krishna murders one that's part of it as well but the Annie one should be the top one as it's only 2 episodes in.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm watching Pam and Tommy. A talking penis is somewhere on the grift continuum, surely?

As a fan of The League I am delighted to see Dirty Randy and Rafi reunited, sort of. For newcomers to The League I can recommend season 5 ep 4 as a standalone classic.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm watching Pam and Tommy. A talking penis is somewhere on the grift continuum, surely?

As a fan of The League I am delighted to see Dirty Randy and Rafi reunited, sort of. For newcomers to The League I can recommend season 5 ep 4 as a standalone classic.
I need to find time to watch Pam and Tommy. Got to admit Sebastian Stan is one of my imaginary boyfriends too, even if he does some dodgy roles 😂

Decided to keep daughter off school tomorrow, as we're on cyclone watch and I'm working all day, so can't pick her up. She can, and has, walked home before, but I don't want her doing it if the weather is going to be hideous. Very slack parenting on my behalf. I'm normally a bit of a stickler about attendance, but bollocks to it for once!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I need to find time to watch Pam and Tommy. Got to admit Sebastian Stan is one of my imaginary boyfriends too, even if he does some dodgy roles 😂

Decided to keep daughter off school tomorrow, as we're on cyclone watch and I'm working all day, so can't pick her up. She can, and has, walked home before, but I don't want her doing it if the weather is going to be hideous. Very slack parenting on my behalf. I'm normally a bit of a stickler about attendance, but bollocks to it for once!
I thought of you when I saw that, fingers crossed it goes elsewhere or blows itself out ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m watching Chloe on the beeb at the mo. It’s quite dark actually. Not at all what I thought it was going to be.

Thank You to whoever recommended call my agent. I think I watched some of it with my mum last year and found it quite good, but I dipped in mid series as she was already watching it. Might give it another go.

I only have one essay and one left in my degree and it’s all starting to feel a bit real now! I’ve been a panny d student and almost just been on autopilot for most of my course, just getting by through various lockdowns and restrictions. I’ll be a registered professional come September, Eek!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We are total Lance programme fans (not Lance fans) in this house. I mean we watch anything to do with the Tour, with Lance, with his downfall etc.

Is he different to Anna/Simon? He had definitely had talent and deserved to be on that scene and even maybe could have won the Tour once but not been so dominant. Messes with the mind this stuff.
He portrays him as a narccy, egotistical bastard. Winning was the only thing that mattered, and he bullied and threatened anyone who got in his way. Ironically, it was this that caused the downfall, because in the end, no one wanted to be on his side anymore.

He had talent, but never would have been the megastar winner he was without the drugs, and the levels they went to was shocking. The way any dissenters, like David Walsh (the journo who cracked it) were silenced because they didn't want cycling to 'look bad'.

I really found it interesting. It was so obvious, but no one said anything. The guy who plays Lance is brilliant too, oh you want to punch the smug bastard, but, you do feel a twinge of sadness for him still.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's the magical regenerating chard all over again @HotesTilaire praise beans there's only one meal left in the accursed thing. I feel like it could've been present at the feeding of the 5000.

In a similar vein to the Lance Armstrong thing, I highly recommend Icarus if you haven't seen it. It starts off looking at doping in cycling and quickly goes off on a wild tangent that leads to Vlad. There's also a series about the chemist who was falsifying lab results called How to Fix a Drug Scandal although it starts off about a woman who was doing a similar thing but was also helping herself to the drug standards they use when comparing samples.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
It's the magical regenerating chard all over again @HotesTilaire praise beans there's only one meal left in the accursed thing. I feel like it could've been present at the feeding of the 5000.

In a similar vein to the Lance Armstrong thing, I highly recommend Icarus if you haven't seen it. It starts off looking at doping in cycling and quickly goes off on a wild tangent that leads to Vlad. There's also a series about the chemist who was falsifying lab results called How to Fix a Drug Scandal although it starts off about a woman who was doing a similar thing but was also helping herself to the drug standards they use when comparing samples.
I was desperately trying to think of Icarus this morning in a reply but just kept coming up with “cycling drug thing.” Not that helpful to fraus really given the history of cycling.

I have just watched a documentary about Aaron Schwartz (Reddit and Jstor guy). It was good but doesn’t show the US justice system in a good light. Not that the US justice system in certain states is being shown in a good light at the moment anyway 🥺.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
These documentaries all sound so interesting. It’s fascinating to learn the details about a scandal.
Not to be all “maverick brain”, but sometimes my mind replaces ‘scandal’ with ‘sandal‘, and its hilarious, “Sherlock Holmes - A Sandal In Belgravia“, or “A Very British Sandal”.

I’ve been reading about dinosaurs found in Scotland.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
These documentaries all sound so interesting. It’s fascinating to learn the details about a scandal.
Not to be all “maverick brain”, but sometimes my mind replaces ‘scandal’ with ‘sandal‘, and its hilarious, “Sherlock Holmes - A Sandal In Belgravia“, or “A Very British Sandal”.

I’ve been reading about dinosaurs found in Scotland.

I didn't know whether to laugh at the sandals or wow at the dinosaur!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I didn't know whether to laugh at the sandals or wow at the dinosaur!
There’s a sentence you don’t get to type every day!
The story of how they found and then extracted the fossil is amazing in it’s own right, if you like that sort of thing, which I do 😎

Honestly I’m just chatting away about whatever comes to mind, not out of ignorance or lack or caring about what’s going on in the world, but just to try, I don’t know, distraction seems uncaring, but I hope you guys know what I mean x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The story of how they found and then extracted the fossil is amazing in it’s own right, if you like that sort of thing, which I do 😎

Honestly I’m just chatting away about whatever comes to mind, not out of ignorance or lack or caring about what’s going on in the world, but just to try, I don’t know, distraction seems uncaring, but I hope you guys know what I mean x
You've got to take comfort where you can find it ❤ and speaking of dino's, I got a little excited to find out Dippy the Dino is coming back to Nat History Museum for summer. It'll be nice to see her again!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I was obsessed with Skara Brae a few years ago after reading about it in a Bill Bryson book. Endlessly fascinated with things like that.
It's so hard to take everything in at the mo. I just want to be Susan for a day, all she cares about is catching the odd fly and hoping she might get a small piece of cheese when the fridge is open.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You've got to take comfort where you can find it ❤ and speaking of dino's, I got a little excited to find out Dippy the Dino is coming back to Nat History Museum for summer. It'll be nice to see her again!
Exactly ❤
Aw that’s amazing news! If anyone has claim to a “forever home“, that is Dippy’s! I like the thought of Londoners like yourself going to visit her for a catch up about all the travels.

• Heart

Mrs T came back from a trip in the car (listening to LBC no doubt) stressing on about the news. We had already had a huge stress on about the petrol prices, how cold I had let the house get (12 degrees- nothing a few jumpers won’t fix) and I told her enough was enough.

Sometimes you just need time away. There is only so much one can take. Dinos are perfect antidotes.

❤

• Heart
I was obsessed with Skara Brae a few years ago after reading about it in a Bill Bryson book. Endlessly fascinated with things like that.
It's so hard to take everything in at the mo. I just want to be Susan for a day, all she cares about is catching the odd fly and hoping she might get a small piece of cheese when the fridge is open.
Oh my gosh yes, I love things like that, and the Burgess Shale. It sounds so sad, but geology blows my mind, like thinking about how there used to be one giant continent.

I think we’d all love to be Susan for a day! I know what you mean though, I keep saying to Bobcat, ”you don’t know“ and giving him a big cuddle.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh my gosh yes, I love things like that, and the Burgess Shale. It sounds so sad, but geology blows my mind, like thinking about how there used to be one giant continent.

I think we’d all love to be Susan for a day! I know what you mean though, I keep saying to Bobcat, ”you don’t know“ and giving him a big cuddle.
Did we used to all be one particle/string or from a previous universe?

Ummmm. This is taking my mind off things.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Some more light relief, (and dinos, sorry), Philomena Cunk talks about them here from around 3 minutes in, and is just so funny.

Did we used to all be one particle/string or from a previous universe?

Ummmm. This is taking my mind off things.
Are they real theories? I’m obsessed with the question of what happened before the Big Bang. I don’t pretend to understand it but I love theoretical physics.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.