Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what is the bread on the right? all looks amazing!
It's herby. No idea exactly what, but think from taste a lot of parsley, maybe a mild dose of nutmeg.
Guy in the local area does random weekends of gulas with a couple of mates so I just turn up and eat! It's not too spicy, I would say balti level in Indian cuisine. The meat is always cooked perfectly, so chunks that fall apart in your mouth. The breads are served warm and help mop up the sauce. I know it could be classed as slop but honestly the meat has texture!

In the winter I love a stew so this is my kind of food. I do an excellent dumpling for my own beef stew in the slow cooker.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Gosh, that looks gorgeous! 👍 to the chilli and onion. Love hot and spicy.
I just got all hot and bothered from a strawberry so I think I will leave a chilli.

It does look fab though.

We just watched this thing on BBC2 about Celtic sea life. It was full of facts. All now forgotten. Watch it if you like aquatic fauna and flora in Wales, particularly anemones and urchins.

• Heart
  • Haha
View attachment 1076617

Gulas (Czech goulash) with dumpling bread a herby bread too. Excellent food, good portions. Am very full, helped by a couple of pints of Budvar with it
I LOVED the goulash I had in prague. Have yet to have anything remotely as nice. Wasn’t keep on the goulash in Budapest. Was too watery. That looks amazing.

Reactions: 12
Loving the goulash chat - my friend's mum is Hungarian 🔺 and makes the most amazing goulash, many a food coma has come from it. Next time I see her I'm going to ask for the recipe to see if I can recreate and share with you guys!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Stews and dumplings are one of my favourite things to cook and eat 😊. That goulash looks gorgeous!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Loving the goulash chat - my friend's mum is Hungarian 🔺 and makes the most amazing goulash, many a food coma has come from it. Next time I see her I'm going to ask for the recipe to see if I can recreate and share with you guys!
My grandma is Hungarian and makes the most incredible goulash. Before she moved into an old people's complex, she used to cook it in an actual cauldron thing over an open fire, it was amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Don't know if these recipes might tempt anyone?

I get a veg box from these guys and I've tried a few of the soup and spicy stew recipes. Obviously veggies feature heavily although they're not all vegan or vegetarian.
I was searching under carrots and hadn't thought about a savoury flapjack before.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm watching Inventing Anna
The Morocco bit is tense af

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Evening all. Just an evening hug.

Feeling a bit odd, parents have covid, we were meant to be seeing them during half term but obviously not now. Watching the news and it honestly seems like it hasn’t been 2 years since this shitshow started.

I am so glad we aren’t there now for all the obvious reasons (and personal ones), but part of me liked having Mrs T around and it was reassuring not to have people around (our city is so overcrowded with students) in those times. Also, those two years have changed and altered our mindsets and behaviours and it feels strange to think whether we can ever go back.

It is so conflicting.

this is messing with my head. I thought I knew what I felt but the Netflix thing with “it is a true story but some of it is entirely made up but we won’t tell you what” bull means I now have no idea.
Why didn’t she cancel the cards ffs?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Lads I think I need to stop making purple cauliflower happen, it's not going to happen. The colour gets even worse after baking. The absolute state of it! If I disappear, the onion police have rightfully arrested me.

purple cauliflower round 2.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Perhaps you'd like an extreme close-up after it had been plated, Tunnel. It looks like grim cooking bacon ffs. I've been overcome by a slop demon, send Jesusos.

xtreme close up.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.