Food and Drink #22 Off-topic Jacktivities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw someone on twitter the other day mention Mars planets, now they were ace. and I can't remember what they were called, but those crispy milky way roll things were god tier

snowflakes were fantastic, but they were doomed after the whole sponsorship of anthea turner's wedding thing
Grunking but aren’t crispy rolls a thing anymore?! Oh they were LOVELY.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've always wanted to try Tunnocks Caramel wafers and Penguin bars, they feature heavily in the Scottish series I read (the Logan Macrae books by Stuart MacBride). I've seen them in the British food section but they're so expensive! I don't know if it's just FOMO but you guyses seem to have better chocolate selections. Apart from Tim Tams.
Ah man tunnocks teacakes are the tit. The wafers are also great.
Not a fan of penguins (prefer a Club) they’re kind of boring?

• Heart
Secret bars were big news then mysteriously disappeared, but 90s kids hold them dear in their hearts. I feel like the middle mousse had gelatins in? 🤷🏼‍♀️I once ate 3 in a day

Grunking but aren’t crispy rolls a thing anymore?! Oh they were LOVELY.
Still have them in the corner shop here?
Mars Planets can get in the bin

Are they just chocolate covered biscuits?
They look like Tim tams! They’re not very chocolatey in my opinion.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Tunnocks caramel wafers are god tier, MCM! Those and their teacakes were a childhood staple, and Club bars obvs. When I was much younger, I was completely obsessed with penguins (the birds) so I ate a LOT of Penguins (the chocolate bar). I used to cut out and save the front of the wrapper with the picture of the penguin on, I had a whole collage of them on my bedroom door 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Secret bars were big news then mysteriously disappeared, but 90s kids hold them dear in their hearts. I feel like the middle mousse had gelatins in? 🤷🏼‍♀️I once ate 3 in a day

Still have them in the corner shop here?
Mars Planets can get in the bin

They look like Tim tams! They’re not very chocolatey in my opinion.
I’ve not had one since before the pannyD. I’ve seen them in Aldi/ Lidl before too.

I’m not a big chocolate loverrrrr but I do like a Bueno and crispy rolls are like kids versions!

eta 🥕

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've always wanted to try Tunnocks Caramel wafers and Penguin bars, they feature heavily in the Scottish series I read (the Logan Macrae books by Stuart MacBride). I've seen them in the British food section but they're so expensive! I don't know if it's just FOMO but you guyses seem to have better chocolate selections. Apart from Tim Tams.
As amazing as Tunnocks Caramel Wafers are it’s a Tunnocks Teacake you need to try, sent from the gods those. I’m with you on Tim Tams though Penguins really need to step their game up.

• Heart
I've been so good on my diet since early December so duck it, I'm going to treat myself tomorrow after my doc appointment. My brother put $50 in my account because he's the best bruv in the universe so I'm going to use part of that to try some Tunnocks!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
it seems I am incorrect and crispy rolls are still a thing. I apologise for any undue alarm

mr kcc's mam keeps caramel wafers in the fridge, this is very very wrong

why can't I remember secret?!

• Haha
  • Wow
it seems I am incorrect and crispy rolls are still a thing. I apologise for any undue alarm

mr kcc's mam keeps caramel wafers in the fridge, this is very very wrong

why can't I remember secret?!
I can’t remember them either
ETA: in the fridge? I bet the dentist loved her they aren’t the softest to start with.

• Haha
  • Wow
Getting a Club in your lunchbox, but it was the fruit one with raisins 😰
God I remember that!

“if you like a lotta choclet on your bisket, join our CLUB!”

ETA also no idea re: secret. Though I wasn’t allowed many choccy bars as a kid as dad was a 🦷

• Heart
I've been so good on my diet since early December so duck it, I'm going to treat myself tomorrow after my doc appointment. My brother put $50 in my account because he's the best bruv in the universe so I'm going to use part of that to try some Tunnocks!
So I’ve had a quick Google and apparently Woolworths sell Tunnocks Teacakes. It’s so weird Aus still have Woolworths.

• Wow
  • Haha
Been summoned over here by the need for sanity and the mention of Tunnocks. Dark chocolate Tunnocks tea cakes are simply the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Seems you've all forgotten how terrible koalas are, but I'm happy to ruin otters for you instead if you want?

I miss Boost bars a ridiculous amount; it may be a nostalgia bias but that filling, mmmm, nothing like it.

Anyone else have orange or mint viscount biscuits as a Club alternative in their lunches? And omg Breakaway bars, another lost love...

I can't buy the GF version of Weetabix because I eat it for every meal til it's gone. Breakfast cereal seems to have the addictive qualities of popular street drugs where I'm concerned, it's just so bloody tasty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Going back a long way (late ‘60’s). I used to like Logger bars. Chocolate with hazelnuts embedded inside. Don’t think anyone else will remember them !

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Seems you've all forgotten how terrible koalas are, but I'm happy to ruin otters for you instead if you want?

I miss Boost bars a ridiculous amount; it may be a nostalgia bias but that filling, mmmm, nothing like it.

Anyone else have orange or mint viscount biscuits as a Club alternative in their lunches? And omg Breakaway bars, another lost love...

I can't buy the GF version of Weetabix because I eat it for every meal til it's gone. Breakfast cereal seems to have the addictive qualities of popular street drugs where I'm concerned, it's just so bloody tasty.
Go on then Punky I’ll bite what’s up with Otters?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
So I’ve had a quick Google and apparently Woolworths sell Tunnocks Teacakes. It’s so weird Aus still have Woolworths.
They changed to Safeway for a few years, now just called Woolies. Can't wait to try a teacake, just hoping it doesn't melt on the way home! It's 36c tomorrow. ☹

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.