Food and Drink #22 Off-topic Jacktivities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sometimes had Rocky bars. A jam sandwich, a petit filous, an orange, a bar of some sort or mini cheddars or iced gems and milk. Thatcher didn’t take my milk away!
I also loved the kiwis with the wee spoon knife you could get before I became allergic to them. And the mini Pringles pots that mum would fill from the big tub. Mine was pink with glitter ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hello all, I'm just going to plonk myself down in here for a while if that's OK.
I love Wispas, haven't had one in ages though! Love Tunnocks too, especially the dark chocolate caramel wafers.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
it seems I am incorrect and crispy rolls are still a thing. I apologise for any undue alarm

mr kcc's mam keeps caramel wafers in the fridge, this is very very wrong

why can't I remember secret?!
I think they only existed for 1 year, maybe it was 93? They appeared, everyone apparently loved them, then they were gone...

So I’ve had a quick Google and apparently Woolworths sell Tunnocks Teacakes. It’s so weird Aus still have Woolworths.
It’s a grocery store though, we used to have them in Cyprus I got very into Woolworth’s pizza

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Go on then Punky I’ll bite what’s up with Otters?
Ah man it's actually quite nasty tbh so I'll bung it in a curry spoiler...

They have a tendency to confuse baby seals with female otters, often killing them in the process, and have been known to have relations with a dead baby seal for days after the initial interaction.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
They changed to Safeway for a few years, now just called Woolies. Can't wait to try a teacake, just hoping it doesn't melt on the way home! It's 36c tomorrow. ☹
Is that quite normal for Australia or is that even a bit hot for you all? I’m aware that sounds like a stupid question but I remember back in 2018 England was hitting 32° for ages and it was chaos, roads were melting and everything.

Ah man it's actually quite nasty tbh so I'll bung it in a curry spoiler...

They have a tendency to confuse baby seals with female otters, often killing them in the process, and have been known to have relations with a dead baby seal for days after the initial interaction.
Why did my naive brain think it was going to be something like if you get to close to them they’ll try and bite you or something? Otters can duck right off

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Is that quite normal for Australia or is that even a bit hot for you all? I’m aware that sounds like a stupid question but I remember back in 2018 England was hitting 32° for ages and it was chaos, roads were melting and everything.
No, that's fairly normal this time of year. I moved to Victoria from South Oz to escape the heat and the first summer I spent here had a week long heatwave of 40 degree days. Trains were cancelled as the tracks were bending! We get a diluted version of Perth's weather, they've just had a run of really hot days so we cop it now, just a wee bit cooler.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
See, this is what the heat does-fries my brain! I'll just bloody sit down in the shopping mall and eat my teacake in the air con, lol.
I’m excited for you. At uni, my Scottish friend used to lie to guys in bars that her grandad invented them (he was dead and not involved in any way with Tunnocks)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m kind of jealous, that’s my sort of weather. And as love tunnocks, if it’s a choice between teacakes and wafers, teacakes every time. And milk vs dark, always milk. I like dark as a separate entity.
I hope you love them! They’re easily squished, if you have a Tupperware or something you could take it might help.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m kind of jealous, that’s my sort of weather. And as love tunnocks, if it’s a choice between teacakes and wafers, teacakes every time. And milk vs dark, always milk. I like dark as a separate entity.
I hope you love them! They’re easily squished, if you have a Tupperware or something you could take it might help.
I'm getting a bit excited, haha. I'm going to eat them straight away, too hot and all that 😂
I'll post pics of the empty wrapper with some flowery prose using words I'm not totally sure of. Oooft. Hhnnnghh

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You can still get mint viscounts, Homey B’s have them. I feel like Morrison’s might too? They’re well tit now though.

Reactions: 7
You can still get mint viscounts, Homey B’s have them. I feel like Morrison’s might too? They’re well tit now though.
Home Bargains is a goldmine for that sort of thing. Got a box of Black Magic in there just after New Year, something I'd entirely forgotten existed. Sadly tasted fairly tit, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Speaking of Tunnocks - loved these as a kid, just before lockdown my work’s cafe started doing them which was weird as I’d only ever seen them in multi packs never sold separately in the wild BUT even weirder was they’ve done away with the foil paper wrapping in favour of plastic? Which feels like the reverse direction to what we want as a planet?!

9DCC2113-8073-41E1-8F30-B9BA220F433F.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.