Food and Drink #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no HTRIA I am not cool, I'm about ten years behind the times and have a warped sense of what is suitable for a child as my parents lets me play Grand Theft Auto 2 when I was ten šŸ˜‚

I've just taken a fresh loaf of bread out of the oven after stressing out all day over how I was going to fit in going to the gym (never skip leg day) and making bread for tomorrow. I wish I could post you all a slice so you can make sardines and prunes on toast.

christmas bread.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Merry Christmas everyone! Since weā€˜re all Fraus, hereā€™s a German Christmas card with bonus cats!

51ACD823-C792-4512-B47D-C13F20EB31A8.jpeg

And to those who donā€™t celebrate Christmas, Happy Friday! šŸ„³

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Happy Christmas Cabal! I am enjoying being among people but itā€™s making me very ill. They just talk and talk....why do people talk so much? Any tips on dealing with old people? Iā€™m already exhausted and have the whole day with my nan. Talking is becoming like a compulsion, she canā€™t stop she just goes a bit quieter at times. I only saw her for an hour and she told me the same story three times plus an in depth tale of mistletoe farming (?).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Happy Christmas Cabal! I am enjoying being among people but itā€™s making me very ill. They just talk and talk....why do people talk so much? Any tips on dealing with old people? Iā€™m already exhausted and have the whole day with my nan. Talking is becoming like a compulsion, she canā€™t stop she just goes a bit quieter at times. I only saw her for an hour and she told me the same story three times plus an in depth tale of mistletoe farming (?).
mistletoe farming šŸ¤£ i would just ask a question like "what dic you do at xmas as a child"(or anything)and zone out while they reply at length!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Merry Christmas beloved cabal I hope you all have a lovely time and for those not feeling the festivities I hope you have a lovely Saturday ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She canā€™t hear the questions
Ooh that sounds tricky. I love old people, but I know itā€™s not always easy. Even though communication might be hard, are there ways you can have a laugh/banter together?

This is the most ridiculous piece of advice ever, but I love doing this trick (see vid), Iā€™ve never met anyone whose not laughed at the end result!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People talking at you is very exhausting. Especially when they jerk the sofa with their flappy movements. Iā€™ve had enough now, can they go?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I suspect itā€™s dementia related and Iā€™m not even really required to smile or nod along. However everyone else has worn me out talking ā€œat meā€ for the past few days.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I suspect itā€™s dementia related and Iā€™m not even really required to smile or nod along. However everyone else has worn me out talking ā€œat meā€ for the past few days.
Iā€™m so sorry to hear that Hotes. You must be exhausted x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
No old people tips but I know you are fatigued already a lot of the time Hotes, it must be hard. I dearly love my grandma but she could talk the hind legs off a lasagne horse. She still has all her faculties as well so she knows when I'm not actually listening. Honestly I don't know why she's even still friends with Brenda, she sounds like a mare.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes, I have tried to google ideas, distraction or redirection, so either ā€œdo you want a drinkā€ or ā€œwhat time is X on, have a look at the TV guideā€ I think I will need one or twoā€timeoutā€ liedowns. Iā€™ve added extra data to my phone.
I am or I was an extrovert so this sort of thing wouldnā€™t have bothered me, Iā€™d be up and down, on the phone, going through cupboards looking for old photos, tidying and having a few wines. Itā€™s really hard not having any of that!

• Heart
Yes, I have tried to google ideas, distraction or redirection, so either ā€œdo you want a drinkā€ or ā€œwhat time is X on, have a look at the TV guideā€ I think I will need one or twoā€timeoutā€ liedowns. Iā€™ve added extra data to my phone.
I am or I was an extrovert so this sort of thing wouldnā€™t have bothered me, Iā€™d be up and down, on the phone, going through cupboards looking for old photos, tidying and having a few wines. Itā€™s really hard not having any of that!
I love that youā€™re looking up ideas. You need those liedowns, youā€™ve got to conserve your energy. I was just talking to someone else about this, how itā€™s so hard not having your usual perks of being an extrovert.

Honestly I don't know why she's even still friends with Brenda, she sounds like a mare
I feel so bad but this made me laugh out loud! Thereā€™s always a Brenda. Oh she knows whatā€™s sheā€™s done.

• Heart
  • Haha
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope everyone has a restful day and for those working that it is uneventful and time passes quickly for you. šŸŽ„šŸŽ…

This seemed quite apt for this thread given our love of dogs and cats.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Merry Christmas you lovely lot!! I was totally fatigued last night, first time out of the house since covid so went to bed at 8pm, just got woken by a very wet cat dropping a decapitated shrew on me šŸ¤¢ I mean I wanted her to be my best friend but really?? Hope everyone has a fabulous day - and thank you for all the love re my last post.

On stairs - you may remember jay-cloth dog tried to murder me a few months ago by getting under my feet on the stairs at my parents house, got knocked out, concussion etc - now am scared of going down them! Good job I live in a bungalow now!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Merry Christmas you filthy animals!! So glad I found you all in a puddle this year xx

Hotes - I don't have any advice about your nan but for other people talking non stop can be a sign that they are anxious or nervous. You will just have to zone out and take plenty of mini breaks to conserve your energy. Prioritise yourself.

• Heart
Merry Christmas everyone, or a happy day if you just are chilling with the day off. Hotes, I hope today is less tiring. I would say make some sustaining oats.

We went to see the in-laws yesterday which ended badly (long story) so I wrote the rest of the day off.

Tunnel Dog wasnā€™t very happy to go out in her Christmas jumper either.

53D1C04C-A5DD-4037-89ED-CA1D340BFDDE.jpeg

Again, good luck and hugs to those where today will be a challenge ā™„

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel so bad but this made me laugh out loud! Thereā€™s always a Brenda. Oh she knows whatā€™s sheā€™s done.
It was a Bunty in my gran's case, thank you for sparking a lovely memory @HotesTilaire and @traumatised sideboard

Merry Christmas or whatever you're doing today to the entire cable. The last few weeks in particular have felt like a bit of an ordeal but it's lovely to know there's always someone to talk to or make me laugh here.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Merry Christmas to you all!

I hope everyone has a lovely day. I am about to head out for a festive cycle ride, then to the pub for a pint. The rest of the day will be spent in a food coma and perhaps a glass of wine.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.