Food and Drink #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

We are watching Don’t look up. It is a bit odd in places, hilarious in places and has the unbelievable Mark Rylance in (I could watch Wolf Hall over and over). I know it is meant to be metaphorical and satirical, but it feels a bit like a whack over the head at times. Not explaining it well, maybe we shouldn’t be watching it today. It is really good.

🥸

• Heart
Reactions: 15
happy xmas! hope everyone's having a good or at least tolerable day. ❤

I'm just hanging out with some cava and smoked salmon while I wait for mr kcc to get back from his mam's

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hope you’re all having a lovely day.
I’m going to be an auntie again in June, my sister and her partner (she refuses to call him her boyfriend) told us after lunch today.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just having more or less a normal day here, getting a bit of work done, albeit I don't normally have a box of Ferrero Rocher beside me. Did watch the James Webb telescope launch, which was amazing.

• Heart
Just having more or less a normal day here, getting a bit of work done, albeit I don't normally have a box of Ferrero Rocher beside me. Did watch the James Webb telescope launch, which was amazing.
The JWT was amazing 🤩 and there was UK 🇬🇧 input too

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The JWT was amazing 🤩 and there was UK 🇬🇧 input too
I live not too far from the spaceport being built in Scotland, I'm really looking forward to watching the launches (and hopefully it means they'll sort the roads out a bit up here!!)

• Heart
I live not too far from the spaceport being built in Scotland, I'm really looking forward to watching the launches (and hopefully it means they'll sort the roads out a bit up here!!)
I used to live relatively near Jodrell Bank. We used to go all the time as a family. Space is amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just checking in. Everyone ok?

We are all space lovers here and Jodrell Bank is a favourite 🔺
Congrats @Shesaidwhat? I have not had the privilege of being an auntie, what a great festive gift.

@Into_the_tunnel
Tunnel - thinking of you with absolutely zero fuss.

@HotesTilaire how are you? If it all gets too much we can meet in the vacant Chris's Chippy for some quiet time.

My two have been a delight. Indulge me, but I am so proud of how kind, mischievous and funny my kids are after a tough year.

Love to you all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Happy Christmas to my favourite cabal, hoping you've had as good a time as possible ❤ I got back from my sister's an hour ago, had a nice time but I'm exhausted now. I went straight into dinner prep and after slating Jack all year for having no roasties on her Christmas dinner, I did a chaos and forgot about the potatoes until everything else had already been in the oven for ten minutes. It's fine, I like my potatoes medium rare. My mum made me a 'chicken' cordon bleu for a main so I'm excited to try that.

Also I would like to thank all the frauen who recommended The Green Roasting Tin - I bought it for my mum and she seemed very happy with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I know how terribly gauche (darling) it is to post present hauls and there is sadly no oliver bonas or culinary concepts vouchers, or indeed any jack masks 😭, but mr kcc knows me!

20211225_194908.jpg

• Heart

Congrats @Shesaidwhat? I have not had the privilege of being an auntie, what a great festive gift.

@Into_the_tunnel

@HotesTilaire how are you? If it all gets too much we can meet in the vacant Chris's Chippy for some quiet time.

My two have been a delight. Indulge me, but I am so proud of how kind, mischievous and funny my kids are after a tough year.

Love to you all ❤
Thank you @Universal, this is my fourth time now so I’m willing to share I’ve got a nephew, 2 nieces and a little mystery at the moment so just let me know which you’d like 😂.
I’m currently hiding by the shed having a cigarette my mum & dad are currently throwing their big Christmas party and have invited former Mr SSW. I mean he was lovely after my car accident but its weird him being here.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

@Into_the_tunnel

Love to you all ❤
It sounds like you have had a fab day with your kids. Are you shattered now?

Thank you for the thoughts. Today has been much more positive… and we are burning through the Friends game.

Yes to secret garden activities. Thoroughly endorse those. ♥.

Edit- completely OT but has anyone seen the new Chanel No5 advert with Marion Cotillard? I don’t normally fall for perfume ads but this one is breathtaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Chanel has had some brilliant ads for their fragrances over the years and the new one for No 5 is definitely one of them.

Reactions: 9
Well fifteen year old me would be ashamed of current me I’ve came from a party sober and I’m in bed. Is it me or is Christmas Day a really long day? Hope you’ve all had a lovely Christmas/Saturday.

• Heart
Its so so lovely reading about everyone’s Christmas days! 😍 I’ve had a lovely day, plans actually went to plan and I couldn’t ask for more.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Post and run alert - just got home from ambo shift during which crewmate presented me with a nurish (sp?) vegan camembert.

Have just melted it all over bread and eaten the whole thing because wow.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Its so so lovely reading about everyone’s Christmas days! 😍 I’ve had a lovely day, plans actually went to plan and I couldn’t ask for more.
Same, babe it was so lovely! Toddler is getting to a funny stage now, between various cheeky things she spent most her day laughing or running away/towards us in excitement. So fun!

Although my sister makes me laugh - I imagine this is how parents of teens feel but my bathroom has been ransacked! After every shower/bath she comes down excitedly telling me what she’s used and how good it all smells 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.